NZ Corrado list

Started by rambo_005, January 07, 2010, 10:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaydenfromhamilton

ok so does anyone have his Vask name or anything?  :)
93' Corrado 2.0L 16V

Barash89

Fresh Corrado owner, picked up PC747 a few months ago.

What other Corrados are still banging about?

998Len

HI all,
I own the Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm. I am looking at selling it. :(
If anyone is interested. Please contact me.
It has 71k miles and I have owned it since 1996 (1 year old) @ 8k miles.
I brought back from the UK at the beginning of 1999.
It has some tasty extras.
Contact me for genuine enquiries only. No tyre kickers please. I would like to sell it to a genuine VW enthusiast who isn't going to pimp it up. It is one of 500 in the world, a lot of which are not even road worthy now.

RS ZWEI

Quote from: 998Len on January 23, 2024, 06:26:47 PMHI all,
I own the Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm. I am looking at selling it. :(
If anyone is interested. Please contact me.
It has 71k miles and I have owned it since 1996 (1 year old) @ 8k miles.
I brought back from the UK at the beginning of 1999.
It has some tasty extras.
Contact me for genuine enquiries only. No tyre kickers please. I would like to sell it to a genuine VW enthusiast who isn't going to pimp it up. It is one of 500 in the world, a lot of which are not even road worthy now.

Great car. Ive always admired it. But how did you settle on your asking price?
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

998Len

My sincere apologies for the delay in replying. I haven't really used this forum before and I (wrongly) assumed it would notify me by email if there was something I needed to reply to.
I based the (original) asking price on sales of immaculate Corrado Storms in the UK. There were a couple a while back and the price was 22k and about 27k GBP.
If you convert say 25k GBP at current FX rate of 0.48 it equates to NZD $52k. Then add GST @ 15% = $60k, then add in Shipping, Customs charges, registration etc and you get to about mid 60's NZD.
I have it listed on Trademe at the moment at $65k ONO.
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/used-cars-used-car-buying-guides/used-buying-guide-volkswagen-corrado
https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/volkswagen/corrado/listing/4577233361
I am open to reasonable offers and would certainly prefer to sell to someone who will treasure it for what it is, rather than go and put some great big wheels etc on it, if you know what I mean.
Thanks and regards

RS ZWEI

Quote from: 998Len on February 27, 2024, 08:29:11 PMMy sincere apologies for the delay in replying. I haven't really used this forum before and I (wrongly) assumed it would notify me by email if there was something I needed to reply to.
I based the (original) asking price on sales of immaculate Corrado Storms in the UK. There were a couple a while back and the price was 22k and about 27k GBP.
If you convert say 25k GBP at current FX rate of 0.48 it equates to NZD $52k. Then add GST @ 15% = $60k, then add in Shipping, Customs charges, registration etc and you get to about mid 60's NZD.
I have it listed on Trademe at the moment at $65k ONO.
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/used-cars-used-car-buying-guides/used-buying-guide-volkswagen-corrado
https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/volkswagen/corrado/listing/4577233361
I am open to reasonable offers and would certainly prefer to sell to someone who will treasure it for what it is, rather than go and put some great big wheels etc on it, if you know what I mean.
Thanks and regards

Factoring in GST costs, shipping etc is pretty odd? What if you had a UK purchaser wanting to buy the car? Would you then discount it by VAT, shipping etc?

I read that autocar review. I noted that was written in 2022 - so peak Covid madness. The car market and interest rates have changed a lot since then.

Best of luck with the sale.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8