Floor Mats

Started by S2Nut, August 24, 2005, 10:59:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

S2Nut

Q1. Would anyone have any suggestions where I can get some S2 (3B) front floor mats ?
Trim is the light grey colour and I'd really like them to be 'proper' with anchor fittings etc.

Q2. Brake pads. I just had to replace front disks and pads, I agonised about upgrading, but in the end decided that as my gem is still totally original that I'd stay that way. But OMG I'd forgotten how filthy original pads are, crawl to the shops and back, hardly use the brakes and the wheels are black again. So what 3rd party pads are good/best ? She's used as a daily driver with no track work (it'd be different if I was in the Nth Island and had you guys to play with), and only occasional moments of insanity requiring a quick stop :)

I'm not actually a new member, I got lost with the web site change and it seemed to deregister me on my return.

Cheers and TIA

Neil_Corrado

Audi NZ had mats made for S2 when they arrived, the reason is that Audi AG never supllied factory made RHD mats. The best people so see for them is Auto Dec Car Carpets, 73 Cryers Rd East Tamaki Auckland.  0-9-272 2244.   

tempq18t

Quote from: S2Nut on August 24, 2005, 10:59:47 AM
Q2. Brake pads. I just had to replace front disks and pads, I agonised about upgrading, but in the end decided that as my gem is still totally original that I'd stay that way. But OMG I'd forgotten how filthy original pads are, crawl to the shops and back, hardly use the brakes and the wheels are black again. So what 3rd party pads are good/best ? She's used as a daily driver with no track work (it'd be different if I was in the Nth Island and had you guys to play with), and only occasional moments of insanity requiring a quick stop :)

I'm not actually a new member, I got lost with the web site change and it seemed to deregister me on my return.

Cheers and TIA

I am running pads from ADL, come in a green box, Trusting brand. I thrash my A4 and they don't make too much mess on the mags but they stop well

td19

Re brake pads...the EBC pads give off considerably less dust....also waxing the wheels makes it a lot easier to clean the dust off.

S2Nut

Thanks for the tips guys.
I've rung about the mats (thanks Neil they were expecting my call) and now we'll check patterns.
And I'll start reseaching the pads, green things sounds good.

S2Nut

Gotcha, that was easy  :) and yes, once a week or so.

bigbumper

Brake pads - I run Metal Kings in both my cars and have found them excellent for both street use and race events.  Even better when you consider the price ($35 trade price for my Fiat)  :)

beeker

Quote from: bigbumper on August 24, 2005, 06:34:34 PM
Brake pads - I run Metal Kings in both my cars and have found them excellent for both street use and race events.? Even better when you consider the price ($35 trade price for my Fiat)? :)

$35 !!

Dont ask how much my race 1166 Mintex costs !

14 RS6 Avant Black
23 RS6 Performance avant on order
17 Q7 S Line 200kw
93 E36 M3 Targa Car
01 Porsche Boxster Series Race Car
17 Porsche 991.2 GT3 clubsport
94 DC2 Integra Targa/Track Race Car
13 TR86 race car
2018 Highlander
2017 Outback

RS ZWEI

Quote from: beeker on August 24, 2005, 08:25:39 PM
$35 !!

Dont ask how much my race 1166 Mintex costs !

I have mostly run Mintex pads in my Mk1 GTI and have Metal Kings in my VR6.

For the Mk1 I always had to send backing plates up to get them rebonded by Race Brakes, pads would only last 10 months (Its a rally compouned I run), great feel from the pedal and I have never had fade on the road or the track, the price to me, (trade) $170 for just the fronts, drums on the back of the Mk1 remember.
Th Metal Kings on the other hand are better than I thought they would be but Ive had them feeling like mud on the open road.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

tempq18t

Quote from: Golfboy666GTI on August 25, 2005, 08:37:08 AM
I have mostly run Mintex pads in my Mk1 GTI and have Metal Kings in my VR6.

For the Mk1 I always had to send backing plates up to get them rebonded by Race Brakes, pads would only last 10 months (Its a rally compouned I run), great feel from the pedal and I have never had fade on the road or the track, the price to me, (trade) $170 for just the fronts, drums on the back of the Mk1 remember.
Th Metal Kings on the other hand are better than I thought they would be but Ive had them feeling like mud on the open road.

I ran Mintex 1155 compound in my Uno turbo, damn good for a light car, I won't tell you my price cos you will cry.
I got some serious competition ones as a trial ( will dig out the name of them ) and they are the serious crap

RS ZWEI

Quote from: tempq18t on August 25, 2005, 08:46:02 AM
I ran Mintex 1155 compound in my Uno turbo, damn good for a light car, I won't tell you my price cos you will cry.
I got some serious competition ones as a trial ( will dig out the name of them ) and they are the serious crape

What did you pay for your 1155s?
The pads I use in my MK1 arent 1155s.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

tempq18t

The last set of 1155 cost me $40, the set of 1166 I ran before that cost me $60.
Only fronts since I never replaced a set of pads in the rear.
Mind you, the Uno pad area is probably a lot smaller than the Golf - Bigbumper will know the answer to that

The best pads I ever had though - Nbrake. serious competition compound

SimonS2

Re Floor Mats: I think most factory colours are no longer available. The guys at S2Forum.com did get some made up a year or so ago, but may have only been in black (search the forum).

Re Pads: I use EBC 'green' pads. A little less dust than stock, and hold up better for the odd fast drive / track session. But they do squeel a bit.

Cheers,

Simon

S2Nut

Well I got some mats made by Autodeck in Akl.
It took some sending back and forth patterns but in the end they've turned out perfect.
So if anyone else needs 3B S2 floor mats Autodeck have the pattern :)
They can do a range of colours and mine have a nice 0000 logo on them.
Yes this does sound like a plug for Autodeck , but I'm very happy with the result.
Thanks also to those on here who helped .... they knew who I was before I called ! :)

Turbo

Quote from: S2Nut on October 14, 2005, 10:27:20 AM
Well I got some mats made by Autodeck in Akl.
It took some sending back and forth patterns but in the end they've turned out perfect.
So if anyone else needs 3B S2 floor mats Autodeck have the pattern :)
They can do a range of colours and mine have a nice 0000 logo on them.
Yes this does sound like a plug for Autodeck , but I'm very happy with the result.
Thanks also to those on here who helped .... they knew who I was before I called ! :)

how much was the set? (for 4 or 2?)

2000 S4, MTM stage 1, Oettinger RE's, Bilstein Sports, Vogtland springs, H&R Swaybars, DBA 4000 rotors, EBC Yellow stuff pads, 710N DV's, F1 tints, RS4 clutch

S2Nut

I didn't mention cheap :)
Less than $100 for both front 2 mats (thats both not each) complete with logo's , great deal IMHO
The rear 2 are simple square/rectangle and I didn't bother as rear passengers add too much weight and upset the balance and so are not allowed.