new series Top Gear

Started by bsting, October 15, 2005, 01:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greenbay

Did anyone see TV1 @ 7am this morning. They played the video "Clarkson Unleased" Top 100 cars ever. E type was no 1, had some great Audi footage !!!

mk3 gti

0530 saturday autio motor and sport tv is back on triangle tv
the had a review of the new R32 and the V10S8 last week 

bsting

Yup, saw that.

Auto Motor & Sport is also on at 8.30pm Fridays.

old4130

Think BBC World Top Gear Series may have finished

No listing for this week  :(

Next Weeks Auto Motor und Sport has MK5 R32 Vs BMW 130i
2005 Audi A4 1.8tq S line
1997 VW Golf GTI 16v
2011 Keeway Matrix
1987 Honda Beat FC 50 ~ 50cc of Fury

2000 SEAT Cordoba SXE ~ Her Car - Sold
2004 Subaru Forester XT 2.5 Limited ~ Her Car

orggti

Damn I missed the veyron, up at 5 everymorn watching bbc but not sunday ::) I think the veron will be killed by pollitical incorrectness, not that I think it should i just think it will. Well wait and see, its a great show peice but a huge waste of money, and who said things needed to be finantially viable befor they could build them? ;) I obviously wanted to see it tho ;D
I did however see JCs "most fun car" show. God hes a dreadfull driver isnt he!? He just goes round and round. I think they have to add that much spin out footage cause thats all they get from him, after he does spin he leaves his foot on it and frys his tyres so bad hell never get round the track again in one piece. Hes a one trick pony and i personally like watching the stig drive way way more than JC. For all the time he gets in those cars, he can hardly even do a decent drift anyway ::) ??? HES SO BAD. And to further prove it his leone time is piss poor. I guess he can excagerate wildly as well so that makes him "funny" and I liked his skirts in the supercar trick but thats only cause i cant help likeing flashes of red underpants on a hot model :P :angel: but all in all hes far from smart. I like tiff better.
As JC says "im 43 with the mind of a 9 year old" and the body of a 63 year old ;D

bsting

30 min TG on TV1 still on at same times. If you are asleep, set the video, simple.

Should be on prime in about 2-4 months haha

Veyron car-wise is in the same league as Concord imo. I tend not to put down its creation, it will not sell in huge numbers, but hey,if vw put up the $ to make it, so be it.

I always find time to admire the "best among us" those people who push design and technology to the absolute limit. Humans have not been on earth all this time to reach this point. Long may it continue.

orggti

Yea bout veyron and man Bsting I agree, man can make some cool stuff and if thats what they wanted to do, as long as no russian bears or dolphins suffered :D
But isnt JC a bad driver? doesent his endless spins and smokeys bore you? I dont hate him, he can be funny and 5th gear can be a bit dry in comparison but hes just the worst driver. I mean if he wants to drift, drift properly, he's hopeless at it. I love watching the stig drive though when he has a moment he is so quick to catch it. your comments? :laugh:

veedubtom

Tiff Needel is a good driver, but devoid of personality, Clarkson on the other had is a very average driver, but is hugely amusing, can not actually sit through 5th gear, it bores me, cant get enough of top gear on the other hand, if anyone wants full length episodes of the current season of top gear including veyron one I can burn them onto CD.

Dubious

Saw an ad for Clarkson's xmas-time DVD called "Heaven and Hell" or something.  Looks pretty boring actually- just him driving the same cars round the same track, and destroying used cars he doesn't like in various ways (obviously appealing to the yob-factor).  I think Top Gear would not be what it is without the other two to balance it out
15 8V S3 APR Stage 1

bsting

I think JC and co has one of the best jobs in the world, also one of the hardest.
People watch the show just for the donuts  ;D yeh Tiff is a bit wooden (ex TG) but he knows how to drive  :)

On the last show they had the lastest Marcos (looks almost the same as a TVR) Stiggy was hanging the back out, and correcting, textbook style  ;D

orggti

Yea i was very impressed at the stig driving that marcos. I agree with you about JC having one of the best jobs in the world, but why do you think it is so hard? I do sometimes enjoy his humor but he is as many have said "an un PC dinosaur" which is exactly why most people probly like him :laugh: >:D

bsting

TG a hard job sometimes imo.
The pressure not to rubbish a rubbish car from the motoring industry, must make for tense times...on the whole TG has survived all these years, just by being itself.
Hats off to JC & co for combining comedy and car stuff for so long.

Everytime the safety police (killjoys) bag TG the ratings go up  ;D

orggti

What do you mean pressure not to rubbish a rubbish car!! He is the most unbeliveably critical car reviewer ever! He rubbishes good cars if he wants to. But yea good on him it is the best show on cars.

old4130

On BBC World Top Gear this week:

Top Gear 

The new BMW130i goes head-to-head with the Volkswagen Golf R32 this week, with a drive for each around the Top Gear test track and a review of their specifications.  Meanwhile, presenter Jeremy Clarkson is very good at driving a Honda NSX when he is playing the console game Gran Turismo 4, but can he repeat the fast lap times he records on his computer when he takes the car for a spin in real life?  Tune in to find out.

(Duration:  30 minutes)

Saturday 14th January at 2230

Repeated:  Sunday 15th January at 0530 & 1530; Monday 16th January at 0230 & 1030

2005 Audi A4 1.8tq S line
1997 VW Golf GTI 16v
2011 Keeway Matrix
1987 Honda Beat FC 50 ~ 50cc of Fury

2000 SEAT Cordoba SXE ~ Her Car - Sold
2004 Subaru Forester XT 2.5 Limited ~ Her Car

Period_Correct_

Quote from: X 130R on January 13, 2006, 08:32:03 PM
On BBC World Top Gear this week:

Top Gear 

The new BMW130i goes head-to-head with the Volkswagen Golf R32 this week, with a drive for each around the Top Gear test track and a review of their specifications.  Meanwhile, presenter Jeremy Clarkson is very good at driving a Honda NSX when he is playing the console game Gran Turismo 4, but can he repeat the fast lap times he records on his computer when he takes the car for a spin in real life?  Tune in to find out.

(Duration:  30 minutes)

Saturday 14th January at 2230

Repeated:  Sunday 15th January at 0530 & 1530; Monday 16th January at 0230 & 1030

did u download that episode! its way cool!
1971 Porsche 911T | 1990 Audi Quattro Turbo | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant | 2009 Renault Megane R26

bsting

Auto motor und Sport TV (triangle tv, auckland only) this week had mk5 5door R32 Vs new 130i.
Both were proper manual cars.
Beemer won the 0-100kph sprint by 1sec.
Both were samesame with braking tests and driving through the twisties...R32 pipped 130i only just with points for build quality.

RobClubley

Why do they cut the program in half for NZ?

I download it and get the unmolested edition!!
1985 ur quattro
1992 Ford Courier - the sensible daily

bsting

1hr show runs on another tv channel, but it has yet to start airing them.

BBC World run the 1/2 hr show twice, weekly.

JC takes the underated NSX around Laguna Seca for real.
After playing the track on a PS2 in a NSX  :)

And 3door R32 Vs Bmw 130i blah blah blah....

orggti

I havent seen it but i very much doubt he will do better live than on playstation, whilst you can see better live it is much harder work to actually steer a real car and do all the gear changing and braking than to push a few buttons.
Also on playstation they cant take into account every little bump and road suface/camber change.
Plus going down straights on playstation you dont have to deal with cross winds and fear :-[ making you back off ever. Plus how often is the brake fade used on P/S and how realistic is it?
I guess if its fast safe track it could come close but on say the Ring you would always win on the playstation as in id never drive that fast in real life, id scare the crap out of myself!   

bsting

In herald tv guide...times are different this week

Changed to 4.30am sunday morning

& 1.30am monday morning

:)