Tracked down my old S110L

Started by Alfashark, March 09, 2010, 12:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alfashark

Always curious to see how the old girl is getting on, so did a car-jam on the plate and found it's still wof'd and reg'd  :)
Same owner that I sold it to just over 5yrs ago - now sporting the PP 3DIVER.

Gonna give him a call in the weekend and see if he's willing to part with it... even if that means swapping the CGT for it.
'14 Octavia RS TDI
'06 Fabia VRS
'93 CitiGolf 1.6

BB

Its vags here Buddy,you keep your dreadful old Skoda's outta here! ;D

That was before VAG owned that brand. :)
The end is nigh, but the end of what is the question?

Alfashark

True enough ;) It would be the black sheep around here, no doubt...

But I now have time up my sleeve to do the things I wanted to when I owned it first time round.
It is a real minter - White, 48,000km (genuine, no wear on any of the commonly used interior parts and still had the new-car smell :P) I still have it's original set of 14" rims with 165's in the garage - I put it on 120L 13" with 195's to avoid that annoying tyre squeal when cornering at anything above walking pace...
'14 Octavia RS TDI
'06 Fabia VRS
'93 CitiGolf 1.6

RobClubley

1985 ur quattro
1992 Ford Courier - the sensible daily

BB

Alfashark

Oh come on Jem... I could easily see you in one of these  >:D

'14 Octavia RS TDI
'06 Fabia VRS
'93 CitiGolf 1.6

BB

Yea! Nah......I had a very fast Renault 10 that had been made into a ute. It was really fast for an 1100 and I mean really fast it would just rocket up to 100MPH.
But it was horrendous in the wet and undriveable on any sort of gravel.
The ambulance driver who bought it off me thought I was crapping on about how fast it was until he test drove it. It was real fast for those days.
It was highly tuned of course with special carbs and head and extractors and even a brand new special gearbox. Wonder what ever happened to it. I used to see it round.

Angle

Those two coupe's are very cool. What are they?

Alfashark

Quote from: AngleBox on March 09, 2010, 08:19:49 PM
Those two coupe's are very cool. What are they?
S110 R's - there are a few here in NZ ;) Same mechanicals as the sedans, just a different cam and carb... about 62hp.

That top pic looks like a works 130 R, although they developed them up to an 1800 and chopped 3" out of the pillars for them ;)

A works driver (whose name I cant recall) developed a 180 R even further by throwing a KKK snail on the side and took it out to a 2L
'14 Octavia RS TDI
'06 Fabia VRS
'93 CitiGolf 1.6

Angle

0-60 in 17.7 seconds  :D . Maybe the R stood for ROFL.

Alfashark

Yep... Although I find that they were probably a little conservative with that time - There aint no way in hell my L took that long! Nothing earth shattering, but nowhere near that slow  :laugh:
'14 Octavia RS TDI
'06 Fabia VRS
'93 CitiGolf 1.6

Pristle

"3DIVER" and a car with "69" on it........what kind of thread is this....?

SteveC

Skoda coupes made their way into English super saloon (superloon) racing, with Chev V8s in the back seat

stevenc1963

Trevor Crowe raced one very successfully on and off asphalt here in New Zealand. It still turns up at classic car meetings.
1985 Type 85 80 quattro
1989 Scirocco GT 2010 VW Nats, Best in Show, Water Cooled.
1990 100 quattro Avant
2000 Vespa PX150E

BB

Quote from: SteveC on March 10, 2010, 08:25:56 AM
Skoda coupes made their way into English super saloon (superloon) racing, with Chev V8s in the back seat

This cars not a scoda tho ;D Its a race car with an endless supply of panels from broken down unwanted heaps of skoda.

stevenc1963

Are you saying that Trevor Crowe's car is a funnel through which all the other Skoda's in New Zealand have (or eventually will) pass?
1985 Type 85 80 quattro
1989 Scirocco GT 2010 VW Nats, Best in Show, Water Cooled.
1990 100 quattro Avant
2000 Vespa PX150E

RobClubley

1985 ur quattro
1992 Ford Courier - the sensible daily