Living with a Skoda Fabia Vrs

Started by 106_racecar, March 25, 2010, 11:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alfashark

Quote from: Encom on May 20, 2010, 01:27:28 PM
Typical service is around $400, average fuel 5.2l/100k. I'm having the clutch upgraded as it will start to slip in 3rd if I floor it (put out of choice not need), and I'm also just about to upgrade the console bushes to SEAT ones (front Powerflex bushes arrived yesterday) as the factory ones don't like pot holes. So as an everyday car, so long as you don't need to lug lots of gear around (saying that I got a full size dishwasher in it yesterday, and a passenger) its a turely great car. One of those vehicles that if you had a Bentley Conti Speedsport in the garage you would still want to drive it. 

Yep, spot on there! $400 and 5.2l/100k is right on the money - Ours gets serviced at Coombes-Johnson BMW in Hamilton, and out of curiosity I got pricing from the Skoda dealer in Tauranga and was dollar for dollar.
Remap, Audi TT brake kit, Whiteline ARB and uprated clutch are the only things I can think of to do to it, and even then you don't need them to give you a grin a belt sander couldn't remove ;D
'14 Octavia RS TDI
'06 Fabia VRS
'93 CitiGolf 1.6

Encom

Hate to sound like a traitor to the Fabia, but you could always get a 1.9TDi Polo. Same chassis, engine, different trim levels, and 5 speed is all you need, especially if you chip it. Our Caddy is 1.9TDi with stage 1 chip and the 5 spd suits it way better than the 6 spd in the Fabia as it has the torque to pull the longer gears. Just an idea
2006 Black Skoda Fabia VR-s, Stage II MTM ECU, H&R springs, 17" MAK mags, angel eyes. 2005 1.9TDi Caddy Colour coded, TDi Motorsport chipped. 2005 T5 2.5 TDi Transporter, standard (at present) .  2005 Black Skoda Octavia VR-s - SOLD :(