Octavia Digital Speedometer

Started by 08vRS, April 07, 2010, 07:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

08vRS

Sorry for the influx of new topics ;D

I spent a bit of time in my mate's 2005 A3 Sportback 2.0T today, and discovereds that it has a digital speedo which shows up on the screen between the rpm gauge and the analogue speedo. Is there any way to get this to show up on my Octavia? It's really handy to squeeze those last few km/h out of the 10km/h tolerance our friends at the NZ Police allow.

Alfashark

Depends on what is fitted to the car Tom... You got any other LCD displays in the middle there, or just a bunch of warning lights?
'14 Octavia RS TDI
'06 Fabia VRS
'93 CitiGolf 1.6

RS4

hi, the new model of the skoda has it from mid 09 on , but the previous doesnt have it.
Audi RS4 450 BHP, Milltek, intake, remapped (sold)
VW Edition 30, 307 BHP remap. Manual. (sold)
Audi S6 V10, Milltek , Audi A4 B8 (sold)
VW Golf MK6 Gti, Black
Skoda Octavia vRS TDi, Blue, Coilovers, Mapped, 19's SOLD
Audi B7 A4 3.0 TDi , Mapped, more to follow

08vRS

Quote from: Alfashark on April 07, 2010, 07:35:39 PM
Depends on what is fitted to the car Tom... You got any other LCD displays in the middle there, or just a bunch of warning lights?

Yeah it has an LCD screen which displays everything else the Audi does (Avg and Inst. fuel consumption, distance to empty, average speed, trip distance and time etc) but not the Instantaneous speed.

I'm surprised at that to be honest as the Skoda has lots of factory options the Audi doesn't (Xenon headlights, In-mirror LED indicators and a 6-CD player to name a few). I thought the whole idea of having a Skoda is that they give you more extras to compensate for the ridicule thrown at us by un-educated drivers because of the badge?  :laugh:

SOFTLAD

The older VAG that had the digital climat control had the ability to display all sorts of obscure data on the digital display.
Some one with some computer knowledge should be able to access that. There used to be someone on ebay Uk that sold the information to unlock this

rambo_005

You can probably recode the cluster to display the missing features... you'd just have to do some digging on other forums to see if it has been done and for procedures...

08vRS