Started by DRFVDR, May 23, 2010, 05:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRFVDR

Hi Y'all
Well I am new on here and well new to Audi's :)
My New Partner has a 100e ??? 2.6 V6 not sure on year.
It has a few issues that I will work thru but man it already aggrevates me some what :) i am a Mechanic but mainly heavy Diesel so smaller Petrol cars do my head in,I personally own and drive a few older Subarus :)(dont hold this against me )
Any way,the head lining is drooping and I read on here that the easiest way is to remove and get it done so I will be doing this :)
The car also has a few electrical Gremlins 1/ fuel pump keeps running with car off I am guessing that it is a relay and not the ECU (would love to know where both were)
2/Where would I go to get second hand parts for this as the LCD's on the heater controls are cracked and not displaying
3/Did these cars have some wiring on the original stereo that would change the volume or something as when the car goes over 80 km/hr it turns the stereo off ???? I will rewire the complete system if necassary :)
4/Randomly the Speedo stops working
Any help would be greatly appriectiated :)

volcanoblack

Welcome aboard! Hope you can get some answers here. I am on my third Quattro and really like them. Sorry I can''t offer any technical help on your model.

Cheers,
VB

'93 V8 Quattro
'98 A4 Avant Quattro
'94 urS4 (now)

Pushbutton_auto

1: Fuel pump keeps running ?

1a: Relay should under dash, by glovebox drivers side.
1b: ECU is on passengers side,  in side wall by door.

2: don't see too many at pickaparts just yet but they will be coming in next few years.

3: Audi wiring is amazing, they do lots of weird stuff, usually due to wires in the drivers door being stretched, but earths in other places can be faulty too.

4: Another common fault, check "audifans archive.

Oh yeah, welcome to the club ...  :laugh:
Beating up parking wardens ain't a crime.

DRFVDR

Yes thanks for that Pushbutton :)
where would the Archive be :)

Pushbutton_auto

google is your friend  ...  :)
Beating up parking wardens ain't a crime.