APR Stage 1 ECU remap for Skoda Octavia VRS

Started by zenmotosan, May 31, 2010, 09:01:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenmotosan

Just had my 2010 VRS "tuned" by APR in Auckland and I just felt it worth while mentioning in case any other VRS driver is going to, or is considering upgrading the humble Skoda. It is now a very quick car but still just as drivable as the stock VRS. Needless to say I'm having a lot more fun driving my wagon. Definitely talk with the boys at APR, you wont be disappointed. It's claimed that the fuel efficiency is improved too, which is great but I think for the first few months it wont be flash at all until I settle down and start driving the car normally :)

Interestingly enough, it's now performing similar to the APR Stage 1 Golf GTI mk6 based on the power figures quoted by APR (which I have had the pleasure of driving) and by the way the VRS is moving off the line I would say they are correct, maybe the power to weight ratio might be in the Golfs favor though.

Anyway just a quick note that I'm feeling very pleased with myself and the investment and hope this helps others considering the APR "tune" to make a decision, as mentioned already, dont think you'll be disappointed.