Single cab Amarok

Started by 80 Vert, June 15, 2010, 08:28:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gti vr6

Quote from: brian245 on October 19, 2010, 07:43:51 PM
The comparasions I have read in overseas Mags say that the Toyota doesn't get a look in, preformance wise, space wise including deck or comfort wise..........case closed

An "overseas magazine" isn't quite a test drive from a impartial party. Its a platform for selling vehicles. So the case is still quite open knobby

:o

1986 Mk2 Scirocco
2021 T6.1 4M LWB Transporter Trendline

brian

Škoda Fabia 1.0 TSI Race Blue

HaNs

Quote from: qta4 on October 19, 2010, 07:40:39 PM
And i thought you were selling bags Hans, now you are an authority on engines........................... >:D

I play with performance VAG's all day now Noel, turned down a ride in a Amarok the other day  ;)

M

Well I haven't driven the Amarok yet but have driven a Twin Turbo Tdi Van, there is no way the engine is Gutless.  ??? ???

Your mate sounds like the typical "Big is better" type. VW are taking the piss out of Toyota with 1/3 less capacity. The stats don't lie and the engine refinement and technology is leagues ahead of a Hilux.  8)

And if hea seriously said his 2.5 Range Rover made it feel like a slug he needs to stop smoking P.  ;D ;D
Too much power is almost enough.

gti vr6

A van would only be 2wd so a whole lot lighter I would think M??
A 4wd Amorak will most probably weigh at least 2600 or 2700 kg's.

I am biased towards the Hilux, but I was hoping the Amorak would be better as I will be updating my ute next year.
It is a great looking truck and I'm sure the tdi technology is good but as I mentioned I am very biased towards the Toyota,
so it is going to have to be pretty damn good.

Quote from: M on October 19, 2010, 10:17:29 PM
And if hea seriously said his 2.5 Range Rover made it feel like a slug he needs to stop smoking P.  ;D ;D

Driving a Range Rover he is more likely to be selling it than so smoking it ?
1986 Mk2 Scirocco

RS ZWEI

Quote from: gti vr6 on October 26, 2010, 09:50:39 AM
A van would only be 2wd so a whole lot lighter I would think M??
A 4wd Amorak will most probably weigh at least 2600 or 2700 kg's.

I am biased towards the Hilux, but I was hoping the Amorak would be better as I will be updating my ute next year.
It is a great looking truck and I'm sure the tdi technology is good but as I mentioned I am very biased towards the Toyota,
so it is going to have to be pretty damn good.

Driving a Range Rover he is more likely to be selling it than so smoking it ?

Carl, I see you have a Rodeo in your sig. How do you compare that to your Hilux?
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

gti vr6

Quote from: RS ZWEI on October 26, 2010, 10:45:59 AM
Carl, I see you have a Rodeo in your sig. How do you compare that to your Hilux?

Its actually a Holden badged Isuzu. 3.0 Intercooled Turbo Diesel, not as powerful or as nice a ride as the Hilux. But overall a pretty good wagon. The tray is slightly smaller and less leg room in the back seat. My supervisor uses this one so as long as he is happy with it - we're all happy. I have an Isuzu Elf 250 which we have had a really good run out of, so we are expecting great things from the Rodeo. 
1986 Mk2 Scirocco

80 Vert

Stay with your Yota mate, more reliable in the long run thats why I drive a Holden every day  :laugh:
2010 T5 Transporter TDI  Tuned by Superior Tuning NZ
2003 Jetta Coupe soon to be R36TT
1991 Golf GTI 2.0 TSI swapped
1963 Type 34 Karmann Ghia, turbo 2.0
1990 Porsche 964 911 Carrera 4
1980 1303 Beetle vert, under restoration

M

Multivan is 4Motion, 2300kg unladen

Amarok in 4Motion is 2200kg unladen in it's top spec form, or as light as 2000kg in 4wd.
Too much power is almost enough.

the phantom

Land Transport New Zealand, taking the fun out of driving since August 2008

brian

Single cabs always look better than doubles
Škoda Fabia 1.0 TSI Race Blue

gti vr6

One of my clients, (the guy who test drove the Amorok and found it to be gutless) got an update from the stealership

They said 2012 will see it come out with a 3.0 Engine and an Auto box. Only available in manual at the moment.

Until it does it will be playing 3rd fiddle to the Hilux & Navara.

1986 Mk2 Scirocco

GTI's

Spotted a 4Motion TDI one yeasterday. Has black and red stripes on white.

RS4

We have mapped up 5 of them now and they go super well with around 150kw and 480-odd nm.
Wouldn't buy a hilux myself after driving these around.
Audi RS4 450 BHP, Milltek, intake, remapped (sold)
VW Edition 30, 307 BHP remap. Manual. (sold)
Audi S6 V10, Milltek , Audi A4 B8 (sold)
VW Golf MK6 Gti, Black
Skoda Octavia vRS TDi, Blue, Coilovers, Mapped, 19's SOLD
Audi B7 A4 3.0 TDi , Mapped, more to follow

tdi motorsport

Just make sure it will start next day!As you make sure!

RS4

What are you on about TDi?
VW Golf MK6 Gti, Black

tdi motorsport

Hi David!

First think what i would like to say!
I dont want to push you man,or i dont want to be better than you,but if you talk bad thinks about me (wich is not truth)I will do!(info from Phil)
Back to your question!
-Highest TDI experience in NZ
-2 times rally winner NZ
-18 years VW group full time (traind by factory for TDI)
-TDI engines made by Hun(homeland for TDI)90% tdi on market
-1999 tdi bi turbo dragrace winner,2003 diesel hybrid petrol-diesel(Not here in NZ sorry)
And one more very inportant info!I have never changed my product!I do German softwears since 1998 with 0 FAULT!100% happy costumers!Did not lost any of tham!I started with genuine stuff and keep do it, and will do it!
Sorry about ENGLISH!This what you know better than me!

RS4

Who the hell is Phil?
Your the one who  rubbishes our work, dont start me on your work , the S3 race car for Audi, your files were dangerous , we were the ones who did all the work to get the car competitive.
Remember when you said on here that i blew up my skoda ecu and tried to claim it under warranty? Remember how skoda couldnt find any fault, and how they said it was my work?
Remember how i diagnosed the fault as a faulty wiring loom and found a service bulletin about it that neither you nor anoyone here had ever heard of?
Under warranty , fixed , thanks very much and never a problem since. So much for everyones experience with diesel.
You keep to your work selling off the back of  mtm when you have nothing official to do with them , and we will do ours.

VW Golf MK6 Gti, Black

tdi motorsport

Yes you are right,but the diagnistic came from Mr Gilbert not from you!So why you did not fixed it?Why skoda did it?You said you had to fix your own car because skoda give it up!It just not clean!Simon at Skoda (2010) he fixed it no?
I do my own stuff mate(tdi motorsport) not behaind MTM!As you know i dont work only with MTM but i have contact with tham from my work exp.
but anyway MTM is here and thay can look after thamself,thay dont need me!
Again i am not MTM offical agant!
I just use my experience and use the best files wich i know!
I did not s...t you I KNOW YOU!I think you are a very good buisness man and very smart,but you dont have much techical experience with VW group!(as you are not tech or traind tuner)
Anyway man!Your GTI was f...k quik but engine light on at all time!I can do same with no lights on!
Back to audi S3!MOTORSPORT PROJECT!I have got instruction from my boss:Turbo boost max 0.9bar and not more!!!!Factory is 1.2bar to 1.4bar!ABT GERMANY 0.9bar max boost with 12KW plus at wheels!And no limp mode no control lights!Please dont for get i was workin full for VW NZ,part time TDI Mtrst,and rally NZ and other stuff!The reason why you get this car,because i did let it go to you!And did it finish with your one?You got different set up no?1.4bar boost?

RS4

Skoda had no idea about fixing the RS TDi. I found the fault and i even bought the new wiring loom , but car was under new car warranty so they fitted it.
Why should i fix the wiring when its under new car warranty? I even took them the bulletin to show them what was faulty.
Anyway enough arguing on here, no one wants to read it so lets leave it there, you run your little business, i will run mine and thats the end of it aye.

VW Golf MK6 Gti, Black