Standard Audio

Started by MRVR6, January 11, 2005, 03:06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MRVR6

Hi, do you guys have Clarion as your standard Audio?

RS ZWEI

Nope, but it depends on where your car was sold new.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

old4130

Hi,

Mine does have Clarion, its a Mk3 GTi, japanese spec.

Its pretty basic, & its about to go

David
2005 Audi A4 1.8tq S line
1997 VW Golf GTI 16v
2011 Keeway Matrix
1987 Honda Beat FC 50 ~ 50cc of Fury

2000 SEAT Cordoba SXE ~ Her Car - Sold
2004 Subaru Forester XT 2.5 Limited ~ Her Car

bsting

Yep, VW badged clarion - changed to Blaupunkt.

RS ZWEI

My NZ new car was fitted with a factory Blaupunkt tape player.

I think in the UK most Mk3s had Sony gear in them.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

dimistyle

My Jap import Passat HAD :o a Sony MD player but looked like a Bluapunkt - all black.
It was also matched with red button lights and blue screen with dimmer control with the dash lights.

Now been replaced with a Panasonic with red button lights and blue screen, but alas No dimmer control ::)

Blaupunkt do have some unit available in NZ to match VW/Audi interiors but a bit pricey for what you get.

bsting

Quote from: dimistyle on January 11, 2005, 05:42:45 PM
My Jap import Passat HAD :o a Sony MD player but looked like a Bluapunkt - all black.
It was also matched with red button lights and blue screen with dimmer control with the dash lights.

Now been replaced with a Panasonic with red button lights and blue screen, but alas No dimmer control ::)

Blaupunkt do have some unit available in NZ to match VW/Audi interiors but a bit pricey for what you get.

Nobody regrets buying quailty - Blau has wicked radio reception - even out in the wop wops.

dimistyle

You mention reception, all Passats have antenna boosters installed in the roof under the antenna, If you use the stock radio with a band expander (Jap radio) or an after market radio you need to still send 12v up the antenna cable to power the unit, this is an after market part required to be installed in line with your antenna with a 12v  connection ::)

Are Golfs the same ??? do they have an antenna booster. I have a part no. somewhere if required by anyone having AM/FM reception problems.

Just a thought...

bsting

Quote from: dimistyle on January 12, 2005, 09:33:58 AM
You mention reception, all Passats have antenna boosters installed in the roof under the antenna, If you use the stock radio with a band expander (Jap radio) or an after market radio you need to still send 12v up the antenna cable to power the unit, this is an after market part required to be installed in line with your antenna with a 12v? connection ::)

Are Golfs the same ??? do they have an antenna booster. I have a part no. somewhere if required by anyone having AM/FM reception problems.

Just a thought...

yes mk3 beesting is powered.

MRVR6

too bad mine is Jap import so it only go to 90 FM

dimistyle

Quote from: MRVR6 on January 13, 2005, 08:36:52 AM

Are you keeping the Clarion?? or changing the the unit out.

A good band expander and an antenna 12v injector, made by Bosch for VW/Audi powered antenna, I picked mine up from Rapid Radio for about $60. And you can continue to use you stock head unit. ;D

bsting

Quote from: MRVR6 on January 13, 2005, 08:36:52 AM

Get 10hz band expander - ok cheapies out there for $10 - 20.
10hz ie 95fm your display shows as 85fm.