fried ecu??

Started by Benni.B, July 14, 2010, 05:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benni.B

any one know what could possibly be wrong with this polo

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=303052237

mother in law needs new car,is driving a dihatsu pyzar....say no more.

need to fix for a cheap car for her

cheers
ben
1986 tornado red 3dr mk2
1999 b5 a4 quattro

deedub

Good luck getting in touch with them.

Could be many things wrong with it, I'm a bit suspicious because if it was just an ecu surely they would just get it fixed themselves.
1983 T25 Microbus - keep forever, never finish
1988 mk2 Golf 2L 16v - work in progress

Benni.B

yeh that was the first question that poped into my mind but hell we have to try eh!
1986 tornado red 3dr mk2
1999 b5 a4 quattro

choppy16v

i've been calling them as well.if its had a new engine put in could it be transponder issue.???

deedub

Whole thing seems a bit weird to me. Anyhow, judging by the number of views and their reluctance to take calls/answer emails I would say it is either sold, or not worth bothering with.

cpncrash

They may have left the big earth off after fitting new engine / recon and went to start it and fried a few things :P

At 120kms I would guess that the cambelt snapped and that was the reason for the engine repairs, for $500 I think it would still be worth a go at repairing, I'm with deedub tho seems to be to good to be true, what's a new ecu worth??? plug one in and your away...... maybe not

Simon MkII

QuoteDriver side electric windows doesn't open.

Don't know why, could be the motor, could be the switch.

But probably isn't either of those  :laugh: poor bastards are in over their heads.
Mazda Mx5

deedub

Quote from: captncrash on July 14, 2010, 11:42:18 PM
They may have left the big earth off after fitting new engine / recon and went to start it and fried a few things :P

At 120kms I would guess that the cambelt snapped and that was the reason for the engine repairs, for $500 I think it would still be worth a go at repairing, I'm with deedub tho seems to be to good to be true, what's a new ecu worth??? plug one in and your away...... maybe not

New ecus are crazy money but there must be plenty of these polos been wrecked.

I bet theres a hoard of things wrong with it. No one sells a car worth 5k for 500 if it is easy to fix.