surfing for a new ideas on motors found this....check pics out halfway down
650+ Hp http://www.audifans.net/ftopicp-145492.html
1986 20vt UR quattro

John Stone

86 WR
04 A3
05 V50T5

BB

Awsum cut away engine. Beautiful engineering.
The end is nigh, but the end of what is the question?

5-pot

It's not cut away Jem!  It's just got an extra long cambelt and the head's been separated from the block with a mirror between them so you can see the valves!  It's cool.

Was meant to go in a mid-engined sport quattro replica for the replacement class for Group B after it was canned.
?The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.? - Thucydides (Ancient Greek historian and author, 460-404bc)

- 1990 Coupe quattro - R.I.P.
- 1988 90 quattro project... Sold
- 2005 Golf 2.0 TDI

qta4

That Turbo looked cut away to me.
Skill is, sucessfully tightrope walking across the Niagra Falls.
Intelligence is, having the sense not to do it.

BB

Quote from: 5-pot on July 16, 2010, 02:42:19 PM
It's not cut away Jem!  It's just got an extra long cambelt and the head's been separated from the block with a mirror between them so you can see the valves!  It's cool.

Was meant to go in a mid-engined sport quattro replica for the replacement class for Group B after it was canned.

Yo fool, look again.
The end is nigh, but the end of what is the question?

5-pot

I still don't see how the engine's a cut-away.  It's just separated.  The turbo's got a cutaway bit though.
?The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.? - Thucydides (Ancient Greek historian and author, 460-404bc)

- 2005 Golf 2.0 TDI

Benni.B

whats the blue stuff in the portts and chambers!!!
1986 tornado red 3dr mk2
1999 b5 a4 quattro

5-pot

paint to highlight that they're ports and chambers!

- 2005 Golf 2.0 TDI

Benni.B

ha ha ha ur shoooooooo faaannyy!

i asked a question to learn

ext time ill just make un-educated guesses and pretend that i know  ???
1986 tornado red 3dr mk2
1999 b5 a4 quattro

5-pot

???

All I did was answer your question man, wasn't taking the piss or anything.  That's all the blue stuff is.  Paint that they used to highlight the fact that they're the combustion chambers and the inside of the intake runners.

- 2005 Golf 2.0 TDI

Benni.B

lol i was judt takin the piss its hard on the pc

sorry mate no hard feelings  ;D
1986 tornado red 3dr mk2
1999 b5 a4 quattro

5-pot

Oh sweet haha...  Sorry yeah.  Buggerising PCs.  Taking stuff out of context.  Gosh.

yeah no hard feelings :P

- 2005 Golf 2.0 TDI