S3 not revving past 5400-5500 rpm, little/no boost (resolved)

Started by Nixa, June 12, 2010, 12:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

le mans

No expert here, but if the ECU is not asking for more the 30% throttle even when you've got your foot to the floor, I would actually be thinking an issue with the ECU, mapping or electronic throttle. The fact it's not throwing any codes point more perhaps to an issue with the ECU/mapping. I'm wondering if the trial tune had some sort of tamper feature that set a valet mode after the attempted read of it's file. The fact that it was fine before the ECU read, but not after is highly sussed. Not necessarily the tuners fault, might be an issue with the trial map it already had on it from before. I would be thinking something along these lines - go back to the dealer explaining the tuning attempt, ask them to check the electronic throttle and if that is OK, flash the ECU back to standard and then go from there. If that fixes it the company that tuned it should be able to reflash it for you to get the tuned map back in place. If the ECU cannot be flashed by the dealer I would say it's time for a new ECU. Normally if your car is running that badly it will return a fault code, that's why I'm thinking it could be something other than boost leak. If there was a massive boost leak you would get a code and you would see a huge discrepancy between specified and actual boost. The reality is the ECU is not asking for any boost in the first place. Good luck.

HaNs

I would talk nicely to REVO and try and get your standard map back, not the modded REVO map.

RS4

we wrote a custom file for it, issues were there with the old file and still there with the new one, so not going to be the ecu file.
Possible MAP sensor issue
Audi RS4 450 BHP, Milltek, intake, remapped (sold)
VW Edition 30, 307 BHP remap. Manual. (sold)
Audi S6 V10, Milltek , Audi A4 B8 (sold)
VW Golf MK6 Gti, Black
Skoda Octavia vRS TDi, Blue, Coilovers, Mapped, 19's SOLD
Audi B7 A4 3.0 TDi , Mapped, more to follow

Nixa

RS4

not without removing the immobilser codes/functions.
Audi RS4 450 BHP, Milltek, intake, remapped (sold)
VW Edition 30, 307 BHP remap. Manual. (sold)
Audi S6 V10, Milltek , Audi A4 B8 (sold)
VW Golf MK6 Gti, Black
Skoda Octavia vRS TDi, Blue, Coilovers, Mapped, 19's SOLD
Audi B7 A4 3.0 TDi , Mapped, more to follow

Nixa

Update for this

Problem has been solved, problem with the file someone probably revo's fault.