APR Stage 1 with Carbonio! :)

Started by Pjai, August 06, 2010, 12:05:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pjai

Got my white mk6 car done by the APR guys with stage 1 and carbonio.

Initially had a free 6 hour trial with the stage one after playing ard with it, switching between stock and new map and doing runs at my local back road at night. I can surely feel the difference between two maps and decided to purchase stage 1, surely no regrets there, pretty impressive pull in the mid range. Mileage has also been good too, with slightly more gain, which is surprised me with since its giving me more power.

I also have the Carbonio intake and it's pretty cool also. see pics :)

I have done a fair bit of research b4 doing with these guys, and results has been pretty gd.

They fun guys to deal with, so if anyone wants the most out of your GTI I fully recommend these guys.

Cheers,
P

porterC

Nice work. Sexy CW GTI.
Would like to hear this fly on the road.

Trofeo

Quote from: Pjai on August 06, 2010, 12:05:40 AM
Mileage has also been good too, with slightly more gain, which is surprised me with since its giving me more power.
Hey all sounds good! have you measured the fuel consumption by the number of kms done on a full tank or just what the computer says? my computer lies terribly since i had my car remapped. Under 7L/100 to taupo and back, but i still only got 580kms out of 55L....
2015 Amarok 4WD auto
2018 Golf R-Line Tsi

Pjai

I jst measure how much km i get out of a tank. about 550~600km per tank running with the 98 Map

SilverS4

So remind me how you can put mods like this into your car with affecting the factory warranty and still get the servicing done by the dealership (e.g. in Auckland, Conti's or Giltrap's) without it being a problem....?

Pjai

had my car serviced at dealer once since i got the intake, they didn't show any concern. That of coz, if the air flow sensor broke, i m sure they will put on a difference face.

SilverS4

So they couldn't tell that the ECU had been replaced/reprogrammed?

porterC

that's why you go with tuners who enable you to switch it back to stock map whenever you feel like.

HaNs

Most of the dealer dont mind, if its what the customer wants. Good tuning companies have warranty that steps in if the dealer declines a claim

coons

Are you in Auckland and do you have an APR sticker on your tailgate? If so spotted you on the motorway this morning  ;)

Pjai

Quote from: coons on May 13, 2011, 09:28:57 AM
Are you in Auckland and do you have an APR sticker on your tailgate? If so spotted you on the motorway this morning  ;)

yea bro :)

coons

Was on the red bike on Vic park over pass, so you prob wouldn't of noticed me
Car looks good man, candy white on the 18's - can't go wrong!

Pjai

will be a little different next time you see it  8)

BB

Obviously a dealer will still service a car that has been modified.
However if a part breaks that is somewhere in the line of the mods then I think as Pjai says they will show a different face.
The end is nigh, but the end of what is the question?

Pjai

Then i guess, it also goes back to how the VW warranty system works. Do the dealer pay for the repair / parts out of their own pocket or whether they could claim all cost back from VW Group.

GRSGTI

Was the APR stage 1 upgrade done by "direct porting" (ie. external software down load without removing the ECU) and who / which APR agent did the stage 1 install? Thanks

ranton-inc

Quote from: GRSGTI on May 23, 2012, 08:35:39 PM
Was the APR stage 1 upgrade done by "direct porting" (ie. external software down load without removing the ECU) and who / which APR agent did the stage 1 install? Thanks

I would say it would be... ive seen them map a few MK6s now no ecu removal required.

Pjai

Yea direct port with the APR guys in Auckland.