Started by 1.8t, November 16, 2005, 05:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1.8t

:)

taken from audi.com...

New Audi sports car to go into production:
Green light for Audi R8
Nov 15, 2005
It is now official: the new Audi sports car will be called the Audi R8. Presented as the ?Le Mans quattro? concept study two years ago at the IAA Frankfurt Motor Show, Audi has now taken the decision to build its new sports car. Everything is already being prepared for the series production of the R8 at Audi?s plant in Neckarsulm, due to commence in the fourth quarter of 2006. The market launch is scheduled for the second quarter of 2007.

28 million euros are being invested in the R8 production line. The Audi subsidiary quattro GmbH will be responsible for production. Development and test construction at quattro GmbH and technical development at AUDI AG are currently in full swing. 250 employees will work on the production of the R8.

?Through the R8 we are looking to build on our successes in motorsport and carry them over to series production. This model represents Audi?s very own interpretation of sportiness,? says Prof. Dr. Martin Winterkorn, Chairman of AUDI AG, about the new member of the Audi model range.

Audi is relying on intelligent lightweight design for its R8, a core area of expertise in Neckarsulm. The Audi A2, A6 and A8 were all developed at the Aluminium Centre there using lightweight design technology.

:o
Dudlee the 86 318i
Past.. 95 328i M Coupe, 97 Pug 306, 97 Vento

1.8t

Where is the love, i thought this was grea news!

Here is a pic of the concept yo get you guys going :p

[attachment deleted by admin]
Dudlee the 86 318i

Period_Correct_

is there a hole in the car, or is that a silver panel!  ;D
1971 Porsche 911T | 1990 Audi Quattro Turbo | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant | 2009 Renault Megane R26

rambo_005

Very cool car, be interesting to see how it looks in production form!

tempq18t

Yeah, very cool for those able to afford

GlenT

Audi Life

Sorry to bring an old Topic back to life, but it's funny to see how mellow the
reactions were about the R8 :laugh:

rambo_005

They should have stuck with those alloys... I like them 8)

1.8t

Yea I was jut thinking that about the wheels.

Does the rear open up like that in the production model?
Dudlee the 86 318i