Good (and cheap) spraypainter/panelbeater on the shore

Started by attilathehun, November 07, 2010, 08:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

attilathehun

The S4 I just bought has UV damage to the roof, but I'm thinking I may as well get the boot and bonnet done at the same time. Any suggestions for someone on the North Shore? The people I've spoken to seem to think we're in Pamplona and they're the bulls.  ::)

SOFTLAD

http://www.actionpanelbeaters.co.nz/
They also own another shop down the road and 'Clubman' on this site works at action and co owns the one down the road, they are a really professional outfit, the workshop normally looks like an operating theartre always spotlessly clean which is an excellent business practice in that trade I would think :)

attilathehun

Thanx - will pop in for a Quote, I was quoted $400 for the roof and $1000 if I did the boot and bonnet at the same time. Thought it was a bit steep astheir is no panel damage, just prep and paint. Maybe I'm a cheapskate?

johnp

Quote from: attilathehun on November 07, 2010, 11:04:13 PM
Thanx - will pop in for a Quote, I was quoted $400 for the roof and $1000 if I did the boot and bonnet at the same time. Thought it was a bit steep astheir is no panel damage, just prep and paint. Maybe I'm a cheapskate?

Yes you are a cheapskate.
If you want cheap go find a Indian panel and paint outfit, they will do it for a couple of hundred bucks.
Job will be crape, but hey, it will be cheap. >:D

vonripsnorter

Quote from: johnp on November 12, 2010, 10:41:08 AM
Yes you are a cheapskate.
If you want cheap go find a Indian panel and paint outfit, they will do it for a couple of hundred bucks.
Job will be s**te, but hey, it will be cheap. >:D
:laugh: yes as a general rule, you always get what you pay for........................funny that ;)

attilathehun

::)You dont always get what you pay for. There are many ripoff artists out there. I dont mind paying a fair price for a good job, Im just looking for recommendations on where I will get that good job for a fair price :angel:. Anybody looking for a leaky home by chance? Cost top dollar, by a great builder - but I guess the 20 000 odd suckers on the  North Shore must have "got what they paid for"?

user2154

Quote from: attilathehun on November 12, 2010, 05:42:12 PM
::)You dont always get what you pay for. There are many ripoff artists out there. I dont mind paying a fair price for a good job, Im just looking for recommendations on where I will get that good job for a fair price :angel:. Anybody looking for a leaky home by chance? Cost top dollar, by a great builder - but I guess the 20 000 odd suckers on the  North Shore must have "got what they paid for"?

Agree. It's hard to find good mechanics/trades people, and even harder to find mechanics who know anything about these cars.

Your paint code is on the sticker under the carpet and also in the owners manual if you have it.

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/paint-codes/audi.htm

Stay clear of the guys who say they don't know if the paint will match...