Author Topic: Recommend any light bulbs???  (Read 2587 times)

dimistyle

Re: Recommend any light bulbs???
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2006, 09:34:04 am »
Well all this talk about light bulbs must have triggered my Passat to blow a main beam >:(
After removing the bulb to see what brand was installed as mine car is an Jap import, what do you know it had PIAA Extreme White 55W ???.
Not wanting to spend time looking for a brand not usually sold in NZ, I went to RIPCO during their 25% off days and picked up the NARVA Arctic blue (which are actually OSRAM bulbs repackaged) these had the same tint as the PIAA's.

They work really well with a nice bright white light :D, when replacing both bulbs I found the orange indicator lights were both flaking away from the bulbs and a burnt out brake light, so off to Ripco again.

I'm happy with these bulbs and I didn't have to pay the full quid... ;D

Offline Poonmobile

• ##
  • a.k.a Ash
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2006, 10:11:23 am »
Dont make the mistake i made by putting 100watt bulbs in the MK3 foglights....melted plastic (yes, dumbass) but luckily found some replacements. Another brand you can look out for is PIAA (Jap) they have some good lights, with intense blue and very bright. (you may have seen a few jap cars driving round with a really blue style light, chances are they are PIAA, they are the Closest i have seen to HID. BUT they cost a s**t load! When I had my Japper I got a set from japan for $200 a pair, and i have seen them in the small jap (do em up rice styles type shops) for @$300.

But I would say regular Narva bulbs are just as good, it's more the cosmetic side you prob want to think about, if you don't care- no worries!
Current:
06 NZ B7 RS4 Avus Silver, 01 NZ B5 RS4 Avus Silver, 03 NZ R32 Deep Blue pearl, 93 NZ VR6 <Manual> 3dr
Past:
MK2 VR6, MK5 GTI, MK5 R32, 8L S3 Imola, MK4 Golf V6 4motion, Polo GTI, 2x MK3 VR6, 98 D2 S8 Imola, 99 B5 S4 Avant Imola

hitmanGTI

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2006, 10:38:27 am »
i have phillips 9500k ones in my main beams.. they are really nice..

havent got round to doing the rest yet...

veedubtom

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2006, 10:46:55 am »
I have the Narva Arctic blue in my C class for low and high beams, they seem much better than the prev yellow bulbs that tapered off at about 5m away

orggti

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2006, 09:21:35 am »
Youve probly heard me crap on about these new lights enough.......but.................they suck and blind other drivers, its all part of the whats good for me is good for everybody else attitude of today.......................mumble grumble im off for my afternoon nap  :angel:

Offline the phantom

• ##
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2017, 03:08:42 pm »
hate to bring (yet another) post back from the past, but I've got a blown left lowbeam and if I'm going to pull the bumper off might as well replace low, high and fog at the same time, any updated recommendations?

the Sylvania Silverstar Ultra seem to get good press, but are they avaiable here?
Land Transport New Zealand, taking the fun out of driving since August 2008