Top Gear this morning, 2.30 am.

Started by Pushbutton_auto, January 14, 2005, 03:16:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pushbutton_auto

Don't know if it was an old programme or not, but a first class ticket to Germany please .  Had Jeremy in a GTI which he loved  ( 147 mph ? ) in the first part and then he was at the ' RING.  Wow,  14 euros and you get to blast around the old  Nurburgring track as fast as you can. Having been a FI guy since Bruce and co in the 60s, this would have to be the best holiday trip EVER. Bikes, Porsche's, Golfs going like hell, and guys that do laps EVERYDAY !!! Pity Jeremy had a diesel to lap in,  ha ha. And then he had his lap time destroyed by a woman ( 30 seconds quicker). Excellent programme, pity it wasn't Stig driving.  :) :) :)
Beating up parking wardens ain't a crime.

RS ZWEI

Quote from: Pushbutton_auto on January 14, 2005, 03:16:47 AM
Don't know if it was an old programme or not, but a first class ticket to Germany please .? Had Jeremy in a GTI which he loved? ( 147 mph ? ) in the first part and then he was at the ' RING.? Wow,? 14 euros and you get to blast around the old? Nurburgring track as fast as you can. Having been a FI guy since Bruce and co in the 60s, this would have to be the best holiday trip EVER. Bikes, Porsche's, Golfs going like hell, and guys that do laps EVERYDAY !!! Pity Jeremy had a diesel to lap in,? ha ha. And then he had his lap time destroyed by a woman ( 30 seconds quicker). Excellent programme, pity it wasn't Stig driving.? :) :) :)

I have a plan to take a trip back over to Europe, buy a Golf GTI Mk1 and travel round all the great car factories/race tracks and events and finish off with a few laps of the the old? Nurburgring!
After all it was at the the old? Nurburgring that the bloke I was named after almost died (Niki Lauda)
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

bigbumper

Quote from: Golfboy666GTI on January 14, 2005, 08:15:32 AM
Don't know if it was an old programme or not, but a first class ticket to Germany please .? Had Jeremy in a GTI which he loved? ( 147 mph ? ) in the first part and then he was at the ' RING.? Wow,? 14 euros and you get to blast around the old? Nurburgring track as fast as you can. Having been a FI guy since Bruce and co in the 60s, this would have to be the best holiday trip EVER. Bikes, Porsche's, Golfs going like hell, and guys that do laps EVERYDAY !!! Pity Jeremy had a diesel to lap in,? ha ha. And then he had his lap time destroyed by a woman ( 30 seconds quicker). Excellent programme, pity it wasn't Stig driving.? :) :) :)

I have a plan to take a trip back over to Europe, buy a Golf GTI Mk1 and travel round all the great car factories/race tracks and events and finish off with a few laps of the the old? Nurburgring!
After all it was at the the old? Nurburgring that the bloke I was named after almost died (Niki Lauda)

We did that trip in 2000, 3 months of travelling around Europe's car factories & racetracks.
Went to Nurburgring but weren't allowed to take the lease car out there? :(? Still fun to watch the prototypes getting thrashed, test drivers on full opposite lock and waving to the onlookers? ;D
They have "Ring Taxi's", you get a hot lap in a BMW M5 with a professional driver for I think it was 150DM (this was pre-Euro).? Only problem is there's a 12 month waiting list...

RS ZWEI

Quote from: bigbumper on January 14, 2005, 01:35:30 PM
Quote from: Golfboy666GTI on January 14, 2005, 08:15:32 AM

We did that trip in 2000, 3 months of travelling around Europe's car factories & racetracks.
Went to Nurburgring but weren't allowed to take the lease car out there? :(? Still fun to watch the prototypes getting thrashed, test drivers on full opposite lock and waving to the onlookers? ;D
They have "Ring Taxi's", you get a hot lap in a BMW M5 with a professional driver for I think it was 150DM (this was pre-Euro).? Only problem is there's a 12 month waiting list...

Dads ex (who has the RS2) went to the old? Nurburgring and booked some company that has a few Alfa 75s set up for the track. I cant recall what she paid but she was there for I think 2 days.
1st up she got driven around, then lessons and then a proper runs.
1995 Audi RS2
2005 Mini Cooper S

bigbumper

That would be cool!? Rear wheel drive too, excellent

When we were there a Max Power'd Mk2 Golf GTi came back on the back of a truck with some unique front panelwork.? The owner was gutted....?  :'( :'( :'(? ? Its a pretty unforgiving track.? Pity its too long to use for racing any more? :(

RS ZWEI

Quote from: bigbumper on January 14, 2005, 06:00:00 PM
That would be cool!? Rear wheel drive too, excellent

When we were there a Max Power'd Mk2 Golf GTi came back on the back of a truck with some unique front panelwork.? The owner was gutted....?? :'( :'( :'(? ? Its a pretty unforgiving track.? Pity its too long to use for racing any more? :(

Was the Golf GTI a "Boyracer car" or was it an ex Max Power car?
I thought that they still raced there, a 24 hour race? etc?
1995 Audi RS2
2005 Mini Cooper S

bigbumper

Yeah it was just a boy racer special, not an ex Max Power cover car or anything.

And yeah, you're right, they do still race there, touring cars and the like.  I was thinking F1 when I made my comment but I need to remember there are other forms of motorsport!