The Official SPOTTED Thread 2011

Started by the phantom, January 02, 2011, 11:26:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the phantom

Viper softop, Sunbeam Tiger (Alpine with a Ford 289), a fifties Mopar wagon and a Ford Twin Spinner cabriolet in Matakana yesterday,

plus a white Golf R on Akoranga Dr last week, so subtle I didn't realise what it was until I was passed it, the R badge could have been GT from a distance
Land Transport New Zealand, taking the fun out of driving since August 2008

VeeDub

Saw Hans at Rhythm and Vines with way too many glow sticks and Ash in Tairua with his VR and S3!

Fizz

Spotted Oettinger76 in the Super Jetta New Yrs Day driving down Botany Road. That front valance is awesome u spot the car a mile away and just looking at it without even spotting the front mount that it's no ordinary Jetta

bigbumper

Saw an early 80's 3dr Passat yesterday, blue with period criss-cross mags

M M

In greenlane, at the intersection where the Countdown is. Very nice. (Hope you don't mind me using the pic.)
Bought not built.

-----

Quote from: Fizz on January 03, 2011, 07:36:14 PM
Spotted Oettinger76 in the Super Jetta New Yrs Day driving down Botany Road. That front valance is awesome u spot the car a mile away and just looking at it without even spotting the front mount that it's no ordinary Jetta

yeah spotted you coming the other way. The golf looks awesome too.
2003 MK4 Jetta VR6 24V 4M S/C - Sold
1999 MK4 Golf GTI Oettinger - Sold

Pristle

Quote from: iskr33m on January 03, 2011, 08:16:39 PM

In greenlane, at the intersection where the Countdown is. Very nice. (Hope you don't mind me using the pic.)

Note the other rarity in that shot?....the gold Passat Fastback?

Non_VAG but extrememly wicked (and bothersome for the country folk out Waiuku way, they came hauling past the 'craft shop' clocking around 180ish) a well blown V8 Nissan Navarra :
Vehicle details

* Make: NISSAN
    * Model: NARVARA
    * Year: 1986
    * Main colour: Blue------------------------It's now black
    * Vehicle type: Goods Van/Truck/Utility
    * Body style: Utility
    * No of seats: 3
    * CC rating: 5,047cc-------------------monster FMIC
    * Fuel type: Petrol
    * Alternative fuel type: CNG
    * Country of origin: Japan
    * Gross vehicle mass: 2,325kg
    * No of axles: 2

rambo_005

Quote from: Pristle on January 03, 2011, 09:10:04 PM
Note the other rarity in that shot?....the gold Passat Fastback?

Yes, there were two B2 Passats at the 2010 Spring Jamboree - the gold 5 door above and a blue 3 door.

bigbumper

^^^^
That Passat on the right is the one I saw yesterday!

Quote from: bigbumper on January 03, 2011, 07:37:08 PM
Saw an early 80's 3dr Passat yesterday, blue with period criss-cross mags

Pristle

Wasn't that a VASK family member who bought it?

GTI's

coons

brian

Quote from: coons on January 05, 2011, 11:21:44 PM

This is obviously meant to read tosser but it doesn't and in my opinion proves the driver is a tosser beyond all doubt
Škoda Fabia 1.0 TSI Race Blue

HaNs

Quote from: brian245 on January 06, 2011, 08:20:20 AM
This is obviously meant to read tosser but it doesn't and in my opinion proves the driver is a tosser beyond all doubt

Goal achieved

bigbumper

I also saw T055ER around last week, I think it was on Ladies Mile

Not to be confused with TOSSA which is on a black Ferrari 550 Spyder... wonder if the same tosser owns both?

phil

the phantom

nice black MK3 Golf in the Warehouse HQ car park, five stud wheels, so GTI or VR6, had MK4 look headlights and debadged grille

was on a mountain bike ride round Tuff Crater when I spotted it, anyone we know?

KARTS

Quote from: the phantom on January 07, 2011, 12:01:29 PM
nice black MK3 Golf in the Warehouse HQ car park, five stud wheels, so GTI or VR6, had MK4 look headlights and debadged grille

was on a mountain bike ride round Tuff Crater when I spotted it, anyone we know?

Is there a decent trail around there or were you just being a "pioneer" ?
1987 mk II ABF track weapon (Choppy Developments)
1988 mk II GTI 16v
2011 mk 6  R

the phantom

Quote from: KARTS on January 07, 2011, 12:43:57 PM
Is there a decent trail around there or were you just being a "pioneer" ?

LOL, I'm a real Nanna on a mountain bike so there is a decent trail, quite a bit of boardwalk and metalled paths, not challenging at all and kid friendly, a bit of singletrack on grass and rollercoaster at the eastern end

see: http://cyclingauckland.co.nz/front/2010/11/hidden-treasure-tuff-crater-reserve/, it's my back yard and we've been riding it for several years, go down Exmouth Rd and head left on the grass, it starts at the little bridge, and you can come out at St Peters St or continue on to the Warehouse Way

KARTS

Quote from: the phantom on January 07, 2011, 12:59:32 PM
LOL, I'm a real Nanna on a mountain bike so there is a decent trail, quite a bit of boardwalk and metalled paths, not challenging at all and kid friendly, a bit of singletrack on grass and rollercoaster at the eastern end

see: http://cyclingauckland.co.nz/front/2010/11/hidden-treasure-tuff-crater-reserve/, it's my back yard and we've been riding it for several years, go down Exmouth Rd and head left on the grass, it starts at the little bridge, and you can come out at St Peters St or continue on to the Warehouse Way

I like a bit more of the rough stuff but it looks perfect to take my daughter with me.
Thanks alot for all the info, think I'll head over there Sunday afternoon.
1987 mk II ABF track weapon (Choppy Developments)
1988 mk II GTI 16v
2011 mk 6  R