The Official SPOTTED Thread 2011

Started by the phantom, January 02, 2011, 11:26:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SOFTLAD

Quote from: VeeDub on January 26, 2011, 04:42:07 PM
Softlad & Son heading south onto Harbour bridge today. Car is looking Tiiiiiiiiiiight!
Is the rear spoiler on a switch or is it speed activated as Jake thought that was awesome when it popped up. 8)

When they first came out in the UK the spoiler was activated a 75mph ( for the autobahns) so if a copper saw you with the spoiler up he knew you were speeding

VeeDub

Quote from: SOFTLAD on January 26, 2011, 08:57:25 PM
Is the rear spoiler on a switch or is it speed activated as Jake thought that was awesome when it popped up. 8)

When they first came out in the UK the spoiler was activated a 75mph ( for the autobahns) so if a copper saw you with the spoiler up he knew you were speeding

Haha I just put that up and down for a laugh, there's a switch on the dash to put it up/down manually. Yeah the UK ones come up at 80km/h from factory I think and kiwi ones come up at 120km/h. I can't notice the difference but apparently volkswagen can!

Skilfil

Quote from: ClubMan on January 26, 2011, 07:55:02 PM
Spotted my old Golf!.......still looking good!.....so sad to see it again!

Saw you in your Mini today on Archers Road, looks awesome. Stands out from a distance thats for sure.  ;D
1997 Mazda MX5 (B2 Limited Edition)
1990 Volkswagen Jetta Mk2 ABF
2006 Lexus GS430

DubMan

Quote from: Skilfil on January 26, 2011, 09:29:00 PM
Saw you in your Mini today on Archers Road, looks awesome. Stands out from a distance thats for sure.  ;D

Haha thanks mate, yeah get the daily thing of people stopping and pointing with a smile on their face .....its awesome !.......what car where you in? silver mk3 golf by anychance>?

The Truth

Quote from: VeeDub on January 26, 2011, 04:57:49 PM
Yes sir! Going nuts getting 1,000,000 things done this week. Where were you?

I was turning right at cook st in the MK4 golf, you stopped next to me at the lights but didn't realise what I was sitting next to until you pulled away! Looking smooth though, and some nice sounds coming out the window...

VeeDub

Mk4 with personalised plate and nice 18"s???? It looked tight man!

RevHappy

black mk4 gti full kitted and darker silver rims, and a nice boot spoiler
CURRENT: Mk2 Golf - 1.8t, Coil overs, Passat leather, 16x8, Daily Driven

GONE: Mk2 Jetta - Big Bumpers, Big Windows, Lowered, 15X6 Alloys, and MK1 Suzuki Cultus Gti G13b rally cams, bilstein shocks and springs, momo 14X7 alloys

The Truth

Quote from: VeeDub on January 26, 2011, 10:16:31 PM
Mk4 with personalised plate and nice 18"s???? It looked tight man!

19s  ;) Just getting bolts for spacers and will finally have some stance!

Skilfil

Quote from: ClubMan on January 26, 2011, 09:31:49 PM
Haha thanks mate, yeah get the daily thing of people stopping and pointing with a smile on their face .....its awesome !.......what car where you in? silver mk3 golf by anychance>?

Yep silver mk3 gti. factory standard so somewhat blends in with the traffic.
1997 Mazda MX5 (B2 Limited Edition)
1990 Volkswagen Jetta Mk2 ABF
2006 Lexus GS430

VeeDub

Spotted this arvo on Onewa Rd a sweet red 4dr mk2 boned out on what looked like ATS type 5's but was hard to tell as it was driving! Who was this?  8) Looking good!

Simon MkII

Mazda Mx5

Fizz

Quote from: The Truth on January 27, 2011, 07:55:40 AM
19s  ;) Just getting bolts for spacers and will finally have some stance!

Pics?  :)

rambo_005

DubMan

Quote from: Skilfil on January 27, 2011, 03:26:09 PM
Yep silver mk3 gti. factory standard so somewhat blends in with the traffic.

To the untrained eye.....but i spot them MK3's anywhere... looks good mate!

coons

Quote from: VeeDub on January 27, 2011, 07:00:30 PM
Spotted this arvo on Onewa Rd a sweet red 4dr mk2 boned out on what looked like ATS type 5's but was hard to tell as it was driving! Who was this?  8) Looking good!

Yea seen that one around town too, don't think it's a VASKer??

Simon MkII

Quote from: rambo_005 on January 27, 2011, 09:33:17 PM
How do they look Simon?

Bit like an A5 but A8 sized. Nice but not exciting.
Mazda Mx5

weta.worker

Have been driving by a nice Nissan GTR R35 in the mornings parked at Holden.  (GT3ETA)  Wondered why it was there.  But saw today it had new plates.

Maybe a trade?  Trade in a GTR R35!?  Not good enough eh?  Or too good...(I'm hoping!).   Love those cars!  (well what I've seen that they can do)
1994 RS2 GUARDS RED
2001 RS4 NOGARO BLUE

brian

Quote from: weta.worker on January 28, 2011, 07:25:46 AM
Have been driving by a nice Nissan GTR R35 in the mornings parked at Holden.  (GT3ETA)  Wondered why it was there.  But saw today it had new plates.

Maybe a trade?  Trade in a GTR R35!?  Not good enough eh?  Or too good...(I'm hoping!).   Love those cars!  (well what I've seen that they can do)

Traded in as a disappoinment if I am to believe what I read
Škoda Fabia 1.0 TSI Race Blue

weta.worker

Quote from: brian245 on January 28, 2011, 08:00:35 AM
Traded in as a disappoinment if I am to believe what I read

really?  do you know the place \ guy?
1994 RS2 GUARDS RED
2001 RS4 NOGARO BLUE

Simon MkII

Mazda Mx5