The Official SPOTTED Thread 2011

Started by the phantom, January 02, 2011, 11:26:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albacol

Yesterday afternoon right outside my office door - 1 B5 RS4 in Goodwood Green, My B7 RS4, a BMW M6 (farkkk its ugly) and an F430 F1 erm and a diesel VW van.

80 Vert

The last ones from Irvine,
Some "common" Ferrari's and a Aston Martin, a pretty phat Lambo and a Neeeessan GTR with some pretty fat pipes. Was actually a pretty hot car but I laughed at the size of the exhaust  :laugh:
My visit to Shelby American will be next week............................. :o

2010 T5 Transporter TDI  Tuned by Superior Tuning NZ
2003 Jetta Coupe soon to be R36TT
1991 Golf GTI 2.0 TSI swapped
1963 Type 34 Karmann Ghia, turbo 2.0
1990 Porsche 964 911 Carrera 4
1980 1303 Beetle vert, under restoration

brian

Quote from: weta.worker on January 28, 2011, 08:15:25 AM

really?  do you know the place \ guy?

/quote]

Was a feature in the UK Autocar some months back....one disallusioned owner had traded his car after 4 months of ownership and was a bit peeved after buying it based on on the Autocar  original writeup.
Also, apparently pays to have a direct line to the spare parts dept as evidently they are far from bulletproof.
However, I daresay that another year or two will have to elapse before a real assesment can be made.
Also with them, there is a bit of a nostalgic euphoria which can cloud initial opinions but leaves permanent mind set among the 'believers'.
I'm not disputing that they are a pretty advanced piece of engineering...but so too was the Mini Metro when it was introduced and was manufactured in the most technically advanced plant in Europe at the time and see how history has treated them
Škoda Fabia 1.0 TSI Race Blue

slowmo

Quote from: brian245 on January 28, 2011, 11:07:11 AM
Was a feature in the UK Autocar some months back....one disallusioned owner had traded his car after 4 months of ownership and was a bit peeved after buying it based on on the Autocar  original writeup.
Also, apparently pays to have a direct line to the spare parts dept as evidently they are far from bulletproof.
However, I daresay that another year or two will have to elapse before a real assesment can be made.
Also with them, there is a bit of a nostalgic euphoria which can cloud initial opinions but leaves permanent mind set among the 'believers'.
I'm not disputing that they are a pretty advanced piece of engineering...but so too was the Mini Metro when it was introduced and was manufactured in the most technically advanced plant in Europe at the time and see how history has treated them

people with more money than driving skills?
Current: 2004 MK4 R32 3-door NZ New DBP

Past: 2010 MK6 GTI / 2013 Nissan Leaf LOL / 2007 B7 RS4 / 2006 MK5 R32 / 2005 MK5 GTI / 1998 MK4 GTI / 1997 B5 A4 MTM

brian

Quote from: slowmo on January 28, 2011, 11:13:43 AM
people with more money than driving skills?

He was actually a Porsche driver and was going to get another after dropping a dollop on the Nissan
Škoda Fabia 1.0 TSI Race Blue

KARTS

Mk 1 Jetta on the northern motorway yesterday morning!  :o
Couldn't see the rear, I was thinking GTI but can't be sure.
Was a dark silver/ light charcoal colour and looked really tidy.
Is it VASK?
1987 mk II ABF track weapon (Choppy Developments)
1988 mk II GTI 16v
2011 mk 6  R

80 Vert

2010 T5 Transporter TDI  Tuned by Superior Tuning NZ
2003 Jetta Coupe soon to be R36TT
1991 Golf GTI 2.0 TSI swapped
1963 Type 34 Karmann Ghia, turbo 2.0
1990 Porsche 964 911 Carrera 4
1980 1303 Beetle vert, under restoration

KARTS

Yeah, I almost crashed trying to get a better look. I'm 98% sure.
1988 mk II GTI 16v
2011 mk 6  R

slowmo

Current: 2004 MK4 R32 3-door NZ New DBP

Past: 2010 MK6 GTI / 2013 Nissan Leaf LOL / 2007 B7 RS4 / 2006 MK5 R32 / 2005 MK5 GTI / 1998 MK4 GTI / 1997 B5 A4 MTM

uero-jet

this is the spotted thread... now im looking for the "lack of " spotted thread.
here in ausie for a month and havent seen a totally comon in nz mk3 or mk4 wtf  :o

rambo_005

Quote from: euro-jet on January 28, 2011, 11:56:49 PM
this is the spotted thread... now im looking for the "lack of " spotted thread.
here in ausie for a month and havent seen a totally comon in nz mk3 or mk4 wtf  :o

Look for Falcodores... that will keep you busy.

uero-jet

Quote from: rambo_005 on January 29, 2011, 12:02:58 AM
Look for Falcodores... that will keep you busy.
start me a new thread...then i will fill it up,lotsa high spec commies here

Pristle

Very tidy VR6 parked alongside the Auckland Airport motorway earlier this week. No sign of the driver.

Caught up with 'Logan', an S4 owner who's tired of 'some guy' always leaving VASK cards on his windscreen. Said he was quite into his VW/Audi a while back but since he got the S4, not so much. I think the gorgeous blonde he was with had more to do with it. I think she'd be a worthy distraction from cars.

On the GTR issue, the service interval is 6k and from accounts I've heard and read they're quite comprehensive (read not cheap). Nissan are quite emphatic about aftermarket tweaks voiding warranty, including the switching off of the 'traction control'. The latter seems to highlight weaknesses in the tranny. Sure it quick and cool and I'd like to have one, but it'll never beat a Porsche in the long run, they've built way too much technology into it for it not to have problems. Hey look at who their business partners are.

Poonmobile

At toyworld in Sylvia park. Almost bought it  :laugh:
Current:
06 NZ B7 RS4 Avus Silver, 01 NZ B5 RS4 Avus Silver, 93 NZ VR6 Tornado Red 3dr, Renault Clio 172 & Renault Clio 197
Past:
MK2 VR6, MK5 GTI, 2 x MK5 R32, 8L S3 Imola, MK4 Golf V6 4MO, Polo GTI, 2x MK3 VR6, D2 S8, B5 S4 Avant, 03 NZ R32 Deep Blue Pearl, Renault Megane R26 liquid yello

Pristle

The box says it's R16.... ;)   Tre cool though.

KARTS

1988 mk II GTI 16v
2011 mk 6  R

Skilfil

That GT3ETA GTR used to get a regular thrashing at events, not surprised things broke on it. Then again it is marketed as a performance car it should be able to withstand a beating.
1997 Mazda MX5 (B2 Limited Edition)
1990 Volkswagen Jetta Mk2 ABF
2006 Lexus GS430

vwrally

Quote from: Pristle on January 29, 2011, 10:23:19 AM
On the GTR issue, the service interval is 6k and from accounts I've heard and read they're quite comprehensive (read not cheap). Nissan are quite emphatic about aftermarket tweaks voiding warranty, including the switching off of the 'traction control'. The latter seems to highlight weaknesses in the tranny. Sure it quick and cool and I'd like to have one, but it'll never beat a Porsche in the long run, they've built way too much technology into it for it not to have problems. Hey look at who their business partners are.

I suspect itmay not be turning the traction control off but rather the launch control on. I was told that the cars log the number of launch control starts they do  and the story went that after "X" number of full launch control starts the warranty was void on drivline components. This didnt come from an NZ source so it may be different here 

00quattro00

Quote from: KARTS on January 28, 2011, 01:12:30 PM
Mk 1 Jetta on the northern motorway yesterday morning!  :o
Couldn't see the rear, I was thinking GTI but can't be sure.
Was a dark silver/ light charcoal colour and looked really tidy.
Is it VASK?

If it were a mk1 jetta it would of had square lights and there wasnt a gti jetta, did you get the rego number?
Land Rover Discovery 300tdi
Land Rover 110 4bd1t

KARTS

Quote from: 00basil00 on January 30, 2011, 01:25:49 PM
If it were a mk1 jetta it would of had square lights and there wasnt a gti jetta, did you get the rego number?

Na no rego, I was in an awkward position. Only reason I thought it may have been a GTI was there was some letters after the Jetta but I wasn't anywhere near enough to see clearly. But of course they didn't make a GTI Jetta. Had black plates and definitely wasn't a mk2. Now I'll be on the lookout for it every day! I was heading north on the Motorway getting off at Takapuna.
1988 mk II GTI 16v
2011 mk 6  R