The Official SPOTTED Thread 2011

Started by the phantom, January 02, 2011, 11:26:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alfashark

Spotted Nick in the RS2 about 20km south of Taupo this arvo... Was driving a god-awful Tiida at the time though, but I'm sure you clocked the blue RS4 sedan that was following me :)
'14 Octavia RS TDI
'06 Fabia VRS
'93 CitiGolf 1.6

rambo_005

Quote from: GTI's on February 14, 2011, 06:17:53 AM
Sorry Cambo  You should have waved out. I would have let you say goodbye properly.
with a drive...

I wanted to, but was heading to the bakery to get some lunch before heading back to work!

RobClubley

Spotted a Bentley Flying Spur and a Continental GT soft top passing eachother in the Wellington terrace tunnel. Both black.
Also saw a really nicely modded Skyline - R34 GTR I think. In black, really shiny, just looked really smart.
1985 ur quattro
1992 Ford Courier - the sensible daily

RobClubley

Heading up to Rotovegas tomorrow for a week. Keep an eye out for me!!
1985 ur quattro

uero-jet

oooh mite spot you on my return skoda pimp

Ssom

Saw a completely rooted red B7 RS4 on a car carrier by Briscoes Taranaki St this morning.

The left side was completely destroyed from the passenger door backwards, took a huge hit.  Front looked OK, so there should be a good motor in there  :D

rambo_005

A red B7 RS4 sedan was written off in Wanganui a few months ago - probably the same car?

Angle

Saw a Lofoten green Mk1 swallow tail 4 door heading North on the Southern around 6:30 tonight.

Y0RKI

Red RS2 going past Vicky park markets last night from Franklin road
Everything is for sale, you just have to offer the right money
2002 Maserati 4200 Spyder
2006 Alfa Romeo 147 GTA - For Sale
2001 Fiat Coupe 20Vt Le - gone
1998 Fiat Bravo HGT - gone
1996 Fiat Coupe 16vt - gone
1990 Fiat Uno Turbo - gone (to heaven)
1986 Fiat Uno Turbo - gone

Ssom

Quote from: rambo_005 on February 15, 2011, 12:16:03 AM
A red B7 RS4 sedan was written off in Wanganui a few months ago - probably the same car?

Yeah sounds about right, any idea what happened to it? 

rambo_005

Quote from: Ssom on February 15, 2011, 11:35:42 AM
Yeah sounds about right, any idea what happened to it? 

From what I understand it was turning off SH3 into a driveway (crossing the opposite side of the road) and cut off another car. Either the RS4 or the other car then went on to the other side of the road where it was hit by another car. Looked pretty nasty!

jettamaniac

VAG's of note over the last week or so:

A tidy white mk3 corrado (with clear/red tails), a manual 3-door R32 in blue, and today a 80s? caddy turbo (according to the badges, looked legit though), got the rego somewhere

SOFTLAD

As I came up onto Archers Road tonight spotted what I just thought was a nice looking white mk2 8) 8) 8)
Made me feel sick as it blasted past as I turned right & I realised it was the good old mk2 COX, I have never seen it being driven as I was always driving it.
It look great, really depressing :'( :-\ :'( :-\

Pristle

Silver 'R' in client carpark. A loaner from CCS while his Cayenne is in for a fuel pump related issue.

He said he was staggered how quick it was. Without any official testing he and his business partner rate the Golf a quicker performer than his partners 535i. If the Cayenne wasn't such a great family car, he'd consider trading.

Skilfil

Someone waving at me in a Mk2 Jetta today? Was in Westgate, Auckland. They were driving a stock standard metallic dark gray Jetta, anyone off here? No stickers on it.

Also saw a Mk3 GTI in Silver the one with the bodykit and shaved rear tail gate. Used to have the p/p DIFDIF, was coming off the motorway at a reasonable pace..
1997 Mazda MX5 (B2 Limited Edition)
1990 Volkswagen Jetta Mk2 ABF
2006 Lexus GS430

the phantom

Quote from: SOFTLAD on February 15, 2011, 07:16:06 PM
As I came up onto Archers Road tonight spotted what I just thought was a nice looking white mk2 8) 8) 8)
Made me feel sick as it blasted past as I turned right & I realised it was the good old mk2 COX, I have never seen it being driven as I was always driving it.
It look great, really depressing :'( :-\ :'( :-\

that's why I'm glad my GTI went to Tauranga
Land Transport New Zealand, taking the fun out of driving since August 2008

beeker

Quote from: rambo_005 on February 15, 2011, 06:48:35 PM
From what I understand it was turning off SH3 into a driveway (crossing the opposite side of the road) and cut off another car. Either the RS4 or the other car then went on to the other side of the road where it was hit by another car. Looked pretty nasty!

There is a photo of it on VASK somewhere.
No serious injuries, just a major shakeup for the driver and restrained child. Luck there was no front passenger thou...
14 RS6 Avant Black
23 RS6 Performance avant on order
17 Q7 S Line 200kw
93 E36 M3 Targa Car
01 Porsche Boxster Series Race Car
17 Porsche 991.2 GT3 clubsport
94 DC2 Integra Targa/Track Race Car
13 TR86 race car
2018 Highlander
2017 Outback

RevHappy

spotted a white drop top audi r8 with the top down and almost chrashed staring at it then on the way home from work spotted a black 70's ish LHD porsche 911.
CURRENT: Mk2 Golf - 1.8t, Coil overs, Passat leather, 16x8, Daily Driven

GONE: Mk2 Jetta - Big Bumpers, Big Windows, Lowered, 15X6 Alloys, and MK1 Suzuki Cultus Gti G13b rally cams, bilstein shocks and springs, momo 14X7 alloys

RobClubley

Passed a silver Fabia vRS near Rotorua - with a WRC spoiler and bodykit.
1985 ur quattro

Alfashark

Quote from: RobClubley on February 17, 2011, 10:39:53 PM
Passed a silver Fabia vRS near Rotorua - with a WRC spoiler and bodykit.

Haha define near ;) I take it you found the bright lights of Putaruru then?
'14 Octavia RS TDI
'06 Fabia VRS
'93 CitiGolf 1.6