The Official SPOTTED Thread 2011

Started by the phantom, January 02, 2011, 11:26:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RevHappy

spotted a sacked 63 bettle outside my work yesterday, probably dining at the la porcheta restaurant next door, plate "V 63 W"
CURRENT: Mk2 Golf - 1.8t, Coil overs, Passat leather, 16x8, Daily Driven

GONE: Mk2 Jetta - Big Bumpers, Big Windows, Lowered, 15X6 Alloys, and MK1 Suzuki Cultus Gti G13b rally cams, bilstein shocks and springs, momo 14X7 alloys

Q_Cars

Blue Renault Clio V6 in Orewa this morning (there is a blue Phase 2 for sale listed with Hibiscus Coast location on TM - maybe that one??) and a red LHD Delta Integrale decked out in Targa stickers heading north on Vic Park Viaduct this afternoon.

Sweet x 2
-----------------------------------------------------------
2007 Mk V GTi (Owned by the Speaker of the House)
1998 Alfa 156 2.0 T/spark (to satisfy petrosexual urges)
2005 Holden Monaro Stage 4 (made of pure boganite)
2006 BMW K1200R (aka Herman Munster)
2006 E63 AMG (sold, phew!)
2003 C5 RS6 (sold, sadly)

JDVW

7̶9̶ M̶K̶1̶ G̶L̶S̶ (̶t̶h̶e̶ r̶a̶t̶)̶
8̶2̶ M̶K̶1̶ G̶T̶I̶
8̶3̶ M̶K̶1̶ G̶T̶I̶
9̶9̶ M̶K̶4̶ G̶T̶X̶
12 MK6 Golf Wagon

Brett

Previous:MKIII Golf GL, MKIV Golf GTI, E36 325i, E36 323i, B5 S4 sedan, C32 AMG, B5 S4 avant, BMW 740iL, MKV Golf Gti 2dr.

Current:
Company car
Weekend toy-2007 Golf Gti Edition 30

the phantom

on the Harbour Bridge yesterday afternoon, a black Lancia Lambda drop head coupe in beautiful condition being driven by a very tidy mature lady in flying helmet and goggles followed by a Daimler SP250, both roof down
Land Transport New Zealand, taking the fun out of driving since August 2008

Pristle

Daimler SP250 aka Dart, is definitely a car that I missed on my list a couple of weeks back. I just love how they sound.

Yesterday spotted very tidy LHD Datsun 1200. Rego belonged to a Skyline, presently not allocated.

the phantom

there's a Daimler v8-250 (the MK2 Jag bodied one) around the shore that has that same glorious whoofle

apparently Daimler put a 4.5 V8 into a MK10 Jag to check out options for a Daimler badged version, but it was veto by Lyons when it turned out to be much faster than the 4.2 six

rambo_005

Bullseye

After a tour of a certain private car collection (including this beauty http://www.classiccar.co.nz/articles/1929-bugatti-type-44-a-bugs-life) my boy and I headed to Hampton for the Roycroft Trophy for Pre War & Pre 1960 Vintage Sports cars, Historic Single seaters, Sports Racing cars and Classic Saloon/ GTs joined by at least one possibly two grid?s of pre 1963 Vintage Motor Cycles.

Then my boy got a ride around the pits in this (pic and vid's borrowed):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PpVWFSS6gU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgjG1U-DGgU

1906 Darracq Grand Prix Racer 2 seater GP type:
The only known survivor of the first French Grand Prix. Driven by Louis Wagner it won the 1906 Vanderbilt Cup at Long Island and was the first car ever to be given the Checkered Flag for winning a race. In 1911 it was purchased by Malcom Campbell and was raced at Brooklands until 1914. It was the first car he named ''Blue Bird''. It then passed to G. Minchin who had it fitted with a 4 seat tourer body, 4 sp gearbox and detatchable wheels, and electric start.

Just a little bit of history here; 1 of 1 left in the world  ;)
B8 A4 Avant - soon to be eating Chips

John Stone

Quote from: Bullseye on April 25, 2011, 08:00:56 AM
1906 Darracq Grand Prix Racer 2 seater GP type:
The only known survivor of the first French Grand Prix. Driven by Louis Wagner it won the 1906 Vanderbilt Cup at Long Island and was the first car ever to be given the Checkered Flag for winning a race. In 1911 it was purchased by Malcom Campbell and was raced at Brooklands until 1914. It was the first car he named ''Blue Bird''. It then passed to G. Minchin who had it fitted with a 4 seat tourer body, 4 sp gearbox and detatchable wheels, and electric start.
Just a little bit of history here; 1 of 1 left in the world  ;)

You are one lucky lad...oh and the race suit and full face helmet on the Darracq driver just looks wrong.
Footnote - Anne ? does an amazing job in the traffic, had a chuckle when it looked like she ducked going under the overbridge
86 WR
04 A3
05 V50T5

Skilfil

Quote from: John Stone on April 25, 2011, 09:26:34 AM
You are one lucky lad...oh and the race suit and full face helmet on the Darracq driver just looks wrong.

Yeah someone had it at Big Boys Toys doing a parade thing, they were dressed up in the correct era gear too which made it look awesome.
1997 Mazda MX5 (B2 Limited Edition)
1990 Volkswagen Jetta Mk2 ABF
2006 Lexus GS430

Bullseye

Quote from: John Stone on April 25, 2011, 09:26:34 AM
Footnote - Anne ? does an amazing job in the traffic, had a chuckle when it looked like she ducked going under the overbridge

Anne Thomson - lovely lady, my boy thought she was a daredevil  ;D ;D ;D
B8 A4 Avant - soon to be eating Chips

the phantom

that Phillip Island clip is a gem, jaw dropping literally, she was definitely working it I thought the first excursion off road was because of the cheeky Lotus taking the line into the corner, but the second was definitely brake lockup because she was pushing it

it's also wonderful because of the other cars on the track, Maser 250, Porsche 908, lightweight E-type, Bugattis all with exhaust notes recorded as they passed

legend

weta.worker

just went for a passengers trip in a mates new V10 RS6 (upgraded his S2)

my thoughts were

- very very very nice new refined car
- sounded amazing
- went quick but didn't make a song or dance about it.

1994 RS2 GUARDS RED
2001 RS4 NOGARO BLUE

beeker

Quote from: weta.worker on April 25, 2011, 03:08:35 PM
just went for a passengers trip in a mates new V10 RS6 (upgraded his S2)

my thoughts were

- very very very nice new refined car
- sounded amazing
- went quick but didn't make a song or dance about it.

Thats a big upgrade step!

A bit numb i'm told, but a rocket ship, and very tunable.

14 RS6 Avant Black
23 RS6 Performance avant on order
17 Q7 S Line 200kw
93 E36 M3 Targa Car
01 Porsche Boxster Series Race Car
17 Porsche 991.2 GT3 clubsport
94 DC2 Integra Targa/Track Race Car
13 TR86 race car
2018 Highlander
2017 Outback

weta.worker

Quote from: beeker on April 25, 2011, 03:25:22 PM

he jumped from a 5 series bmw (I think), to a HSV GTS, then S5, then this.

and all within a couple of years.  he thinks he's come to the end of the itch.  (for now.  :P  )

it'll be hard to beat this one...(especially as Audi seem to be changing direction and going away from controllable grunt)
1994 RS2 GUARDS RED
2001 RS4 NOGARO BLUE

HaNs

A Milltek and remap sorts them out John

weta.worker

Quote from: beeker on April 25, 2011, 03:25:22 PM

opps, yeah, I put S2 not S5 like I should have!
1994 RS2 GUARDS RED
2001 RS4 NOGARO BLUE

SilverS4

Quote from: weta.worker on April 25, 2011, 03:34:00 PM
he jumped from a 5 series bmw (I think), to a HSV GTS, then S5, then this.

and all within a couple of years.  he thinks he's come to the end of the itch.  (for now.  :P  )

it'll be hard to beat this one...(especially as Audi seem to be changing direction and going away from controllable grunt)

What made him ditch the S5?

slowburn

yup saw that today too JY,very very nice car.....ooooh wee
99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon