The Official SPOTTED Thread 2011

Started by the phantom, January 02, 2011, 11:26:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RS ZWEI

Quote from: coons on June 30, 2011, 12:10:19 PM

Im pretty sure that was for sale at Turners deregistered sometime last year.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

Pristle

Quote from: RS ZWEI on June 29, 2011, 12:04:37 PM
If you look at the plates its had you will seen the last plate was JACI so its new plate would have to be personalised.

He must've been able to hold on to the original silver on black plates when the JACI plate was applied, as that is what was on there.....unless he's managed to find somewhere to get the old series. Be neat of he did, wouldn't mind a refresh set.

phil

Nice white 3 dr 16v MK2 on Richmond Rd - reg NJXXXX

Filx

Should have called it M1.35 or something  >:D No matter, it looked stonking. I think I'm becoming a BMW fanboi myself! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo  :o

Quote from: Skilfil on June 28, 2011, 09:31:15 AM
So annoying that, but then I guess they didn't want to call it an M1 as BMW fanboys would be up in arms.

Spotted yesterday, my VR6 twin. Silver 5 door Mk3, red VR6 badges, VASK sticker in the rear passenger quarter window this was in Westgate.
FAIL - First Attempt In Learning

bsting

Rare colour (electronic green) not my kick - 1.8 GLI

DubMan

Spotted a Black MK5 GTI with Black euro plates with red letters.....I'm sure that's illegal......but looked the part.....Asian guy driving it

maxmax

Quote from: phil on June 30, 2011, 04:55:06 PM
Nice white 3 dr 16v MK2 on Richmond Rd - reg NJXXXX

Still there, white is not a good colour on mk2s!
Mk5 GTI, E30 M325i

KARTS

Quote from: maxmax on June 30, 2011, 07:07:54 PM

WHAT!!! White Mk2 with red stripe bumpers is the business!
To each his own I suppose.  8)
1987 mk II ABF track weapon (Choppy Developments)
1988 mk II GTI 16v
2011 mk 6  R

00quattro00

Quote from: maxmax on June 30, 2011, 07:07:54 PM

I agree, I dont think white looks any good on old vags
Land Rover Discovery 300tdi
Land Rover 110 4bd1t

SilverS4

Silver Audi A7 in East Tamaki. I think they look quite smart. Not sure I'd buy one myself though, I'd rather spend that sort of money on a RS5.

VeeDub

Spotted small bumper alpine white 3 door mk2 16v gti on Viaduct Harbour Ave this arvo, looked tidy as. 3 digit numberplate.

phil

Quote from: VeeDub on June 30, 2011, 07:27:20 PM
Spotted small bumper alpine white 3 door mk2 16v gti on Viaduct Harbour Ave this arvo, looked tidy as. 3 digit numberplate.

Did it have black BBS RA's with a polished lip ?

VeeDub

Ah can't remember exactly. Don't think it was on anything toooo polished, looked really factory to me. Would be a bit of a coincidence spotting two seperate ones the same day though so perhaps the same car? NJP maybe?

Fizz

Silver Toureg with black out tail lights and badges p/plate 6HELL6. Looked nice. Saw it on Symmond street at about 4pm driving pass uni

DubMan

Oh i keep spotting a MINT MK1 red 4 door with chrome bumpers near the Birkenhead bus station parked at the BP almost everymorning.....

wsnownz

White Aston Martin V8 Vantage. Second time i've seen it. Lives in Dunedin. Damn its fine

vwrally

Quote from: Pristle on June 30, 2011, 02:00:44 PM

He must've been able to hold on to the original silver on black plates when the JACI plate was applied, as that is what was on there.....unless he's managed to find somewhere to get the old series. Be neat of he did, wouldn't mind a refresh set.

I am in the process of getting a set of dergd black plates bought back to life. There is a person within LTSA who now does this apparently. All you need to supply is evidence that you have both of the old plates.

Will let youknow how it goes

Alfashark

Been in Melbourne for the last 3 weeks, spotted some sweet rides... Mainly at night when I was in search of Guinness and good pizza ;D

White Z4M with matt black wheels and a black carbon roof, Blue C5 RS6 Avant being parked via the touch-parking technique between a Camry and a parking meter.
Red Alfa 156 GTA Sportwagon with an AutoDelta 3.7 kit terrorizing a Testarossa, somewhere up by the markets...
A Bentley Continental GT in Giallo Fly which it actually carried off quite well in the flesh and finally a BMW 2002 in a subtle metallic BRG rolling on BBS RS 8)
'14 Octavia RS TDI
'06 Fabia VRS
'93 CitiGolf 1.6

the phantom

metallic grey Vauxhall VX220 on Archers Rd this afternoon, the driver had the good sense to take the roof off

while MGFs are lardy dumpy things, I've noticed that their drivers do get their roofs down more often than many droptop drivers
Land Transport New Zealand, taking the fun out of driving since August 2008

polo_GTI

MGFs handle quite well - just the reliability is main issue...
They are so cheap these days aren't they... When I got one in 1999, paid reasonable sum of cash... I have to say it was one of the most tuned ones around in NZ, and had the roof down as often as I could!
NZ '06 Polo GTI 9n3 REVO Stage2 / H&R springs / Whiteline adjustable sway bars / EBC / SS brake lines / APR mount / Uprated bushes / Forge DV / 3" Downpipe / ECS flywheel / 4barFR / Seat intake / K&N / Forge strut
NZ '06 Golf GTI DSG, Xenon, Leather, Reverse sensor / Bluefin Stage 1