orggti

Hows this?

[attachment deleted by admin]

OOOO

2014 Audi A8 4.2TDI
2013 VW Golf 2.0TDI
2009 Audi A3 quattro

orggti

Rear shock out of my 200tq. both side the same! Bloody french H an R shocks.

Pristle

Had one go at the bottom end in my old R32 Skyline. Actually threw me sideways, when it bent out of the strut housing, had to limp home and borrow our sons Cordia to go get some new Tokicos. Like a whole new car.

orggti

Neil_Corrado

orggti

I may have installed them incorrectly :P and not got the top mount in exactly the right place? you can actually get it a bit cock eyed as i found putting the old ones back in. The top mount dosent sit into any recess and youve got to jiggle it all straight as you tighten the top nut. its a bit of a prick really. i figure it should all just settle correctly anyway but it might not. ??? Anyhow i know ive got these ones in good.  Bit of a funny design tho.

Turbo

Quote from: orggti on December 19, 2005, 10:02:34 AM
Rear shock out of my 200tq. both side the same! Bloody french H an R shocks.

i thought H&R were supposed to be one of the best...?
2000 S4, MTM stage 1, Oettinger RE's, Bilstein Sports, Vogtland springs, H&R Swaybars, DBA 4000 rotors, EBC Yellow stuff pads, 710N DV's, F1 tints, RS4 clutch

Pristle

Going a bit OT, but it is French and it is a "Bit of a funny design tho" to steal Jem's phrase. But has anyone seen the suspension setup on a 2CV before? There's one stripped to it's frame in my PBs shop at the moment. I did this sharp double-take when I saw it, Jem you think your setup is a funny design, this thing shares these monstrous shocks, that sit horizontally beneath the floorboard, between the front and rear axles via some clever lever setup. No springs. The front end discs are inboard, right next to the motor.

I can't believe they managed to live as long as they have.

orggti

great arnt they those french cars, i love em. And who knows why they make their cars with such soft suspension?
And yea H an R are good shocks I think and as i said it may have been my fault. Its not the shocks that are a strange design its just theres a top mount that sits on top of the top spring plate that dosent really have a seat, there is a convex washer underneath that top plate that i guess moves around abit. Any way as you tighten up the top nut you just have to make sure its all sitting straight, where as on most cars it just all goes together. Ill try and put up a picture of what i mean sometime. Im not sure if this is why they broke as you cant get it too far off and it would possibly just settle into the correct place anyway, but nice to have sussed it out anyway.