general feedback on new rs4

Started by raoul, August 07, 2006, 10:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raoul

Heard  an alarming rumour through car industry that new rs4 is not so great. Have,nt got the facts yet but working on it. This made me curious so after looking at alot of global forums, in particular rs246.com, immm lots of different feed back. This brings me to why i sold my b6 s4 avant recently and brought 01 rs4 fromm ccs. Even though i know they are different beasts, i got the feeling that the reasons for selling were the same. Great handling, beautifully finished , awesome sound but the engine. Great top end but feeling like you could have a cup of tea waiting for it. Even in the new rs4 alot of enthusiasts  feel  it is not urgent enough. My rs4 is older , a bit harsher but what a delivery. Has there been much feed back out there on the rs4 and i mean not from the journalists. Im hoping this is bolics because we all love them, and i have never driven one and would like to.

beeker

They rate the new RS4 as very good. Maybe doesnt have the rush of the B5 RS4 turbo's, but still quicker in a straight line, and even moreso around bends than the old one.

The only problem is it doesnt look so horney, like the B5 RS4 does.
14 RS6 Avant Black
23 RS6 Performance avant on order
17 Q7 S Line 200kw
93 E36 M3 Targa Car
01 Porsche Boxster Series Race Car
17 Porsche 991.2 GT3 clubsport
94 DC2 Integra Targa/Track Race Car
13 TR86 race car
2018 Highlander
2017 Outback

feelou

The old RS4 shines by its flaws. It's a superbly ugly beast with flared arches, the turbo lags quite a bit but then goes mad, stability is high but the car is nose heavy, etc. It will remain a classic with a lot of character exactly for these reasons.

The new one on the other hand is a very polished, linearly effective performance tool. It will beat the old one on all dimensions. But somehow I didn't fall in love with it as I did with the old RS4. Maybe the new car is just too perfect for me.

Filx

Congratulatoins on the new car Raoul - well done!!!

IMHO the B5 RS4 will always be up there with the RS2 and urQ as the coolest cars Audi have ever made!

(BTW mate - you know my number and I'm free all weekend  ;))
FAIL - First Attempt In Learning