Where to buy 710N diverter valve

Started by volcanoblack, March 03, 2011, 01:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

volcanoblack

I asked this question a while back and really did not get any good answers. From what I can see on the forums is everyone paying the $100 at the dealer? Surely there must be a cheaper way to buy these. In the US they are sold for $39.95 = $53.75 NZD. What gives with the $80-100 price range here?

Anyone found this diverter valve cheaper?

Audi # 034 145 710N     Bosch # 0 280 142 114

This is the one I want, so please don't recommend something else.

Thanks all. Cheers.

RS ZWEI

With something so cheap I just got my from the dealer.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

RS4

Why not just buy the uprated Forge one or another top brand.
They are proven to make gains and hold boost longer.
Audi RS4 450 BHP, Milltek, intake, remapped (sold)
VW Edition 30, 307 BHP remap. Manual. (sold)
Audi S6 V10, Milltek , Audi A4 B8 (sold)
VW Golf MK6 Gti, Black
Skoda Octavia vRS TDi, Blue, Coilovers, Mapped, 19's SOLD
Audi B7 A4 3.0 TDi , Mapped, more to follow

rambo_005

Quote from: RS4 on March 03, 2011, 08:00:16 PM
Why not just buy the uprated Forge one or another top brand.
They are proven to make gains and hold boost longer.

Quote from: volcanoblack on March 03, 2011, 01:04:18 PM
Audi # 034 145 710N     Bosch # 0 280 142 114

This is the one I want, so please don't recommend something else.

There is a reason.

As an aside, the fact non-standard ones require maintenance puts me right off...

RS4

Just pay the money then, its cheap at $80.
VW Golf MK6 Gti, Black

rambo_005

volcanoblack

You guys must have money to burn.

If this were the only thing I was buying, then it might be okay to save time and just go to the dealer. But given I am doing a whole bunch of stuff the budget is getting stretched very thin. Just thought with the great difference in price that there might be somewhere less expensive to buy one of these so that's why I asked.

Thanks anyway.

RS ZWEI

Quote from: volcanoblack on March 04, 2011, 09:58:24 AM
You guys must have money to burn.

If this were the only thing I was buying, then it might be okay to save time and just go to the dealer. But given I am doing a whole bunch of stuff the budget is getting stretched very thin. Just thought with the great difference in price that there might be somewhere less expensive to buy one of these so that's why I asked.

Thanks anyway.

Well thats a different story if you are buying a whole lot of stuff!
Where are you going to import your parts from, the US or UK?
1995 Audi RS2
2005 Mini Cooper S

Filx

I don't really get this post sorry as you answered your own question. If saving ~$20 is a big deal for you then what's stopping you buying it online from the States and getting it sent over?
FAIL - First Attempt In Learning

Simon MkII

Quote from: volcanoblack on March 03, 2011, 01:04:18 PM
What gives with the $80-100 price range here?

Freight, a big warehouse in the middle of town, rent for showrooms, power, wages...the list goes on.
Mazda Mx5

attilathehun

http://www.sjmautotechnik.com/    OR  http://www.034motorsport.com/and I dont buy that crap about wages/showrooms/warehouses etc-   The only difference in price should be freight. The overseas guys have those other overheads as well, but as per usual Kiwi business wants to rip the arse out of the chicken.  :angel: 

RS4

Perhaps you didnt take economics at school, but have a look up 'economies of scale'.
NZ can only buy and sell small numbers so we need to pay more for each unit wholesale.

If someone has a business thats leasing a shop , has 3 staff, cars to run, and all the power phone, advertising etc etc , then they need to make money to first pay the bills then pay their own wages/mortgage.

They also offer back up and support to their customers. Everything costs money.
businesses also pay tax on profits.

Tell me what margin you think we would make selling aftermarket tuning products here. I bet you have no idea.

If people want to buy from overseas and save money then great, but dont knock companies here and say they are ripping people off. You have no idea. Wholesale margins on products like this are very small.
If we were to buy 500 at a time things would be different.

VW Golf MK6 Gti, Black

Angle

If they sell for $53.75 NZD (when converting from USD), and shipping is $25 NZD, for a total of $79, wouldn't you rather pay $1 more (given per your research the price can be as low as $80) to know that if the part is defective, scruffy, or has a short life span you can get it sorted? Anything I bring in from overseas has to be of significant enough savings to justify any future hassle related to any potential problem.

volcanoblack

Quote from: RS ZWEI on March 04, 2011, 10:35:28 AM
Well thats a different story if you are buying a whole lot of stuff!
Where are you going to import your parts from, the US or UK?

I'll try to put this thread to bed. I am getting some things from the US and Canada which are already shipped or that I can not arrange for a 710N valve to be put in the box coming.

All I wanted to ask was where is the cheapest place anyone has found to buy this diverter here in NZ? I would rather spend $80 (or less) instead of $100 - that's all.

RS ZWEI

Quote from: volcanoblack on March 12, 2011, 12:50:47 PM
I'll try to put this thread to bed. I am getting some things from the US and Canada which are already shipped or that I can not arrange for a 710N valve to be put in the box coming.

All I wanted to ask was where is the cheapest place anyone has found to buy this diverter here in NZ? I would rather spend $80 (or less) instead of $100 - that's all.

Try speed.co.nz
1995 Audi RS2
2005 Mini Cooper S

Simon MkII

Quote from: attilathehun on March 05, 2011, 12:36:21 PM
http://www.sjmautotechnik.com/    OR  http://www.034motorsport.com/and I dont buy that crap about wages/showrooms/warehouses etc-   The only difference in price should be freight. The overseas guys have those other overheads as well, but as per usual Kiwi business wants to rip the arse out of the chicken.  :angel:

Ever tried to run a bussiness?
Mazda Mx5

RS4

i think we know thats a no.
People dont get paid unless someone makes a profit
VW Golf MK6 Gti, Black

attilathehun

Actually I have run a business, I allways tried to keep my chicken laying without a sore bum. Times change and you change with them or go under. The internet and social networks have changed the way everyone does business. You remind me of the guy who used to sell whips for horse buggy's and the other guy who sold VCR's  ;D. Rip me once shame on you, rip me twice shame on me. Economies of scale my arse, its simply that most business people in NZ want to have the house the batch the toys the mistress etc etc ---but they only want to work on Island time. That's why we are being overrun by other nations who understand productivity, customer service and going the extra mile.

RS4

What absolute ignorance. You would have no idea, absolutely no idea in fact of how hard people work to try and make a decent life for themselves , so dont go making sweeping statements about my or anyone elses businesses..
Good luck buying your gear overseas and trying to save a few dollars.
When you want the back up service etc and its not there, or not as you like it then , again , good luck.
VW Golf MK6 Gti, Black

attilathehun

I buy just about everything from overseas. Today I purchased 4 Faria gauges for my yacht from the USA (yes I have a yacht, so my business acumen cant be too bad  :D). Landed cost $160 compared to a Kiwi business that wanted close to $400 and couldn't answer any questions about the product. I have enquired about many things from many different companies and my overriding experience was bad, most dont even bother to return phone calls or give quotes when I ask . Obviously there are exceptions and maybe your company is one... Just try and get someone to come to your house to give a quote - I bet if you phone 4 you will be lucky to have one pitch. So MY experience which may be subjective and sweeping is what matters to ME. By the way, I have travelled widely and I think I am well qualified to assess Kiwi workmanship, quality, customer service and dare I say it - integrity, as below my expectations or what I have received elsewhere.