sunvisor clips

Started by stevo1970, January 16, 2005, 10:06:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevo1970

Hi,
I'm Steve ( new member ) and looking for sunvisor clips for the car. I have phoned a few spare parts places and ( have been told ) they are not available new. The part number is 855857561 8VK , I am not sure if they are the same clips/holders as in the GT or Quattro ( perhaps someone could shed some light on that.....ha ), but any information would be much appreciated.

Steve

Small problem with possible disastrous results

John Stone

The only part number I have is the clip for the Sport quattro #823 857 561B 01C sun visor - the correct urq part isn't listed anymore, so it probably is deleted. I bought two of the above clips for my car last year, satin black, slightly shorter unfortunately so you can only fix one screw. It does the job, I suppose it's about the only part of a Sport I'll ever own.  ;D

John
86 WR
04 A3
05 V50T5

Mike

Unfortunately second hand ones aren't much good as the plastic is usually sun damamged. When I got mine two years ago they were unavailable in cream, and the only one aval was the black version.

Audi's attitude toward these cars annoys me. The Ur-q and its relatives are the foundations of Audi's present day success and an important part of the company's heritage. There are dedicated owners working hard to keep these cars on the road. Audi aspires to be a 'premium carmaker' on a par with Mercedes and BMW, but what they are overlooking is that a real 'premium carmaker' still supports older models. Mercedes, BMW and Porsche in particular remain very interested in supporting models that are far older than the Ur-quattro. Audi seems uninterested in cars older than a decade or so (discounting multi-million euro replicas of 1930s Auto-Union racers) - which is an attitude more in line with a low-end mass market manufacturer than a 'premium carmaker'.

stevo1970

Thanks for the tip John. Black ones will not match but are better than nothing. Did you source those in N.Z or have to get them of shore?.

Steve

Horch

try this part number 855857561  01C which is the original but only in black.
2018 Porsche 991 Carrera T Manual
1988 urquattro MB
1986 MB 300SL
1956 DKW RT250
2006 Vespa PX200

Mike

The on-line version of ETKA shows all versions as NLA.

Mike

...oops, and the Ur-q ones are the same as a Coupe GT and Coupe quattro.

John Stone

Quote from: stevo1970 on January 18, 2005, 10:36:33 AM
Thanks for the tip John. Black ones will not match but are better than nothing. Did you source those in N.Z or have to get them of shore?.

Steve

I got them from VAG Parts in the UK @ Stg1.68 each. As Mike mentioned, the coupe has the same part, I fitted second hand first time, they fell apart as soon as I screwed them in!

John
86 WR
04 A3
05 V50T5

orggti

Quote from: Mike on January 16, 2005, 06:18:53 PM
Unfortunately second hand ones aren't much good as the plastic is usually sun damamged. When I got mine two years ago they were unavailable in cream, and the only one aval was the black version.

Audi's attitude toward these cars annoys me. The Ur-q and its relatives are the foundations of Audi's present day success and an important part of the company's heritage. There are dedicated owners working hard to keep these cars on the road. Audi aspires to be a 'premium carmaker' on a par with Mercedes and BMW, but what they are overlooking is that a real 'premium carmaker' still supports older models. Mercedes, BMW and Porsche in particular remain very interested in supporting models that are far older than the Ur-quattro. Audi seems uninterested in cars older than a decade or so (discounting multi-million euro replicas of 1930s Auto-Union racers) - which is an attitude more in line with a low-end mass market manufacturer than a 'premium carmaker'.

Thats Audi for you they just dont care, causse they make such sexy cars people are gona buy them no matter how crap somethings about them are it seems. put up a picture of the clips you need i may have some. got lots of bits of audi trim.