No URQ Owners ???

Started by WRURQ, January 17, 2005, 10:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WRURQ

Hi all, reference the lack of replies to my new member post a few days ago, does this mean there are very few URQ owners whom subscribe to this forum??

WRURQ

Thanks Rex, do you know much about the gold URQ located in WLG advertised at Gracious Motors. Looks like an early model that's has some work??

John Stone

Hello Alister, didn't see your first post, hello.
The "Gold" urq could be the one featured in NZ Classic Car -  car of the year round-up - about 18 months ago, then with a Wellington owner. I know some history of that particular quattro. It was first registered to Audi NZ for 12 months and used as a demonstrator throughout NZ. About three years back it was for sale in Christchurch at Philip Mills. If it is that car, it's an '83, first registered in '84 and in the feature,no longer had the original Ronal alloys (6" x 15"). The owner did a major rebuild on the engine, as documented in NZ Classic Car.

John
86 WR
04 A3
05 V50T5

Horch

This car has significant history in that it is the very first NZ new quattro imported by EMD ex Germany. There are older import cars now but it was the first to land. It was sold to Kerry Grant the Dealer Principal of K S Grant motors the Audi dealer in Palmerston North at the time. (Became P N Eurocars). Team European Wellington have been involved in some of the work of late.? It is an 1983 model year D chassis. First reg Nov 84.? Colour is Porto Rose which is rare. A genuine classic.
2018 Porsche 991 Carrera T Manual
1988 urquattro MB
1986 MB 300SL
1956 DKW RT250
2006 Vespa PX200

Horch

Correct on all counts Porto Rose is more light lilac and not gold as it is often called. Shot on the web is not accurate to colour. Toogood was one of the many owners of reg LZ7726.
2018 Porsche 991 Carrera T Manual
1988 urquattro MB
1986 MB 300SL
1956 DKW RT250
2006 Vespa PX200

WRURQ

Thanks for all the info. I have asked a number of questions of which I am awaiting a reply from the owner. It's been up for a while, probably six months or so and I was wondering why. What's it worth, any ideas. I was thinking maybe about $20,000???

RS ZWEI

Im guessing this is the car that is being spoken about in this topic?
Would it be had to find a set of the factory 6x15 wheels to fit this car, or even the later 8x15 wheels?

[attachment deleted by admin]
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

RS ZWEI

Quote from: Golfboy666GTI on January 19, 2005, 10:57:01 PM
Im guessing this is the car that is being spoken about in this topic?
Would it be had to find a set of the factory 6x15 wheels to fit this car, or even the later 8x15 wheels?

This car still seems to be for sale on the Gracious Motors website: www.classiccarsnz.co.nz
Any ideas why its still around? Price, colour, model?
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

John Stone

This car still seems to be for sale on the Gracious Motors website: www.classiccarsnz.co.nz
Any ideas why its still around? Price, colour, model?

Quattros rarely sell quickly - the SI 20v a good case in point,finally went for mid $30's I believe - If so then it would be the buy of the decade  ???
John
86 WR
04 A3
05 V50T5

WRURQ

Hi I made some enquiries re this Car and it had in the region of 20 previous owners which is a little off putting, in addition it has the earlier interior etc with none of the upgrades including ABS, better Dash/seats etc.

Hence I am still looking for a good Quattro, have been thinking about importing but a good straight NZ model would be better.....

WRURQ

Hi John, is the 20v South Island Car you mention the one that was advertised on the Quattro Owners Forum?? If so I think it went for $40,000 would have brought it myself if I had seen it a bit sooner. Other than yor Car do you know of any other decent Quattro's I should keep an eye on??

John Stone

Quote from: 80seq on April 03, 2005, 09:45:27 PM
Hi John, is the 20v South Island Car you mention the one that was advertised on the Quattro Owners Forum?? If so I think it went for $40,000 would have brought it myself if I had seen it a bit sooner. Other than yor Car do you know of any other decent Quattro's I should keep an eye on??

I'm too far out of the loop to know the current urquattro market - I'm sure Rex would have a far better idea than anyone else.

John
86 WR
04 A3
05 V50T5