need help sourcing some tyres

Started by Blake, January 17, 2005, 04:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blake

happy new year everyone - my wheels have arrived in the country and I only paid 80 to get them through customs so was pretty happy about that.

I am looking for tyres to fit my wheels however - they are 7.5 x 16 front and 9 x 16 rear.

Firstly it was suggested that I have 215/40 front and 225/40 rear - agree? If not then what would you suggest would be best fit?

Secondly does anyone know of where we can source these tyres in NZ?

Any info would be really great.

Will post some pics shortly.

Cheers for your help!

RS ZWEI

What tyre stores have you spoken to so far?

What brand of tyres do you want?

What brand of tyres have you seen people use on these wheels in Europe?

How much do you want to spend?
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

Blake

spoken with firestone in parnell as they are just done the road from me. they can source the front but not the back.

not sure about brand - have perelli on there at the moment and they seem to be fine - in saying that I don't drive like a pro!

haven't checked which brands people are using overseas but will have a look tonight if you like.

middle of the road in terms of price. want something that will last the distance but not be too loud inside the car.

Greg has sent me a pm mentioning top town - so mark is getting back to me tomorrow hopefully.

dubstar

9x16 on the rear  :o :o :o.

That's gonna look cool!

Go for a stretched tyre look.

If you go out to roscommon tyres (I know its a long way out!), he should be able to sort you out.
"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."

Blake

where abouts are roscommon tyres?

yeah I'm hopping they look good. Not too sure about the stretched tyre look to be honest though. However I do want something low profile. I find a lot of the euro cars have tooooooo much of a stretch for my liking, plus I am wary of a thin tyre creating a lot more noise in the car and a harder ride.

Blake

well I spoke with roscommon tyres and he can source 2 front tyres - Contis @ $295 each or Barum (sp) @ $230.

Also called Marshall tyres and he wouldn't speak to me over the phone insisting that I see him as that is how he does business so I told he no thanks.

Tyre-rack has Kumho ECSTA Supra 712 @ $88 each rear and @ $74 each for the front.

Need to find out how much they charge for freight - actually if they send to NZ first.

RS ZWEI

Quote from: Blake on January 18, 2005, 01:14:38 PM
well I spoke with roscommon tyres and he can source 2 front tyres - Contis @ $295 each or Barum (sp) @ $230.

Also called Marshall tyres and he wouldn't speak to me over the phone insisting that I see him as that is how he does business so I told he no thanks.

Tyre-rack has Kumho ECSTA Supra 712 @ $88 each rear and @ $74 each for the front.

Need to find out how much they charge for freight - actually if they send to NZ first.

Tyre-rack, that would be US prices wouldnt it?
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8