Author Topic: VW Touareg vs Merc ML  (Read 7754 times)

Offline brian

• ##
Re: VW Touareg vs Merc ML
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2011, 10:40:15 am »
My brother spends his work day in a Toyota and hates it (the latest of several) and when it came to spending his own money bought a Nissan which he says is vastly superior to the Toyota in every way
1.6 Polo

Offline 106_racecar

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2011, 11:25:18 am »
Show me a ~big toyota 4wd with the same interior spec (quality and luxury items), ESP, 5 star crash rating, on road holding, for similar money?

Prado, no (unless you get the new one, but $$)
Landcruser, no (unless you get the new one, but $$)
Highlander, no
CRV, no
4Runner, no

Yes Toyotas are probably more reliable, but they dont have the refinement, treats and saftey of the euro's.

Agreed and I prefer the refinement.  I was a bit stunned by the arrogance of the BMW dealer tho - he went on about his customers only having cars for 6 months because they can afford it - what a #$%^! 
2007 Golf GTI

Offline beeker

• ###
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2011, 12:35:57 pm »
Agreed and I prefer the refinement.  I was a bit stunned by the arrogance of the BMW dealer tho - he went on about his customers only having cars for 6 months because they can afford it - what a #$%^!

Its true thou, there is allot of people that turn prestige cars very frequently.
As for them being able to 'afford it', i would suggest only a proportion actually can, and the balance are living it up on credit or prioritising their spend on materialistic items (nothing wrong with that, life is short, if that's want turns your wheels).
14 RS6 Avant Black
09 Q7 4.2 TDI
93 E36 M3 Targa Car
94 DC2 Integra Targa/Track Race Car

Offline brian

• ##
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2011, 12:48:25 pm »
Its true thou, there is allot of people that turn prestige cars very frequently.
As for them being able to 'afford it', i would suggest only a proportion actually can, and the balance are living it up on credit or prioritising their spend on materialistic items (nothing wrong with that, life is short, if that's want turns your wheels).

Sort of confirms what an insurance agent once told me of how he was visiting up market addresses with a BMW in the driveway and packing cases inside for furniture
1.6 Polo

Offline 106_racecar

« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2011, 02:54:50 pm »
X5 it is!  ... no need to sell the furniture to buy it as per 'Brian245' as it was cheaper than the Touareg in the end!
2007 Golf GTI

Offline brian

• ##
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2011, 03:07:52 pm »
X5 it is!  ... no need to sell the furniture to buy it as per 'Brian245' as it was cheaper than the Touareg in the end!

Glad to hear that!!
1.6 Polo