REVO

Started by Lunar7, January 18, 2006, 01:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunar7

Any one got any Comments about REVO ?

hitmanGTI

Ask VS2 he has Revo-ed his RS6

I might be REVOing my Golf as he will not have to open my ECU...

Russell/VS2 has only paid complements to the Revo Chippers in Tauranga!!

Since Rex has left i feel it is probably the best option since AMD isnt readily available in NZ and if u by MRC of Rex u have to send it away to him in the UK..

Lunar7

Running a 5hour trial on the S3 at the moment, Has cleaned up the low end throttle response and has definitely more pull,

hitmanGTI

Quote from: Lunar7 on January 18, 2006, 02:51:25 PM
Running a 5hour trial on the S3 at the moment, Has cleaned up the low end throttle response and has definitely more pull,

I think i might go with REVO soon.. i just gotta get the funds up....

urq20v

Quote from: HitmanGTI on January 18, 2006, 02:48:54 PM
Ask VS2 he has Revo-ed his RS6

I might be REVOing my Golf as he will not have to open my ECU...

Russell/VS2 has only paid complements to the Revo Chippers in Tauranga!!

Since Rex has left i feel it is probably the best option since AMD isnt readily available in NZ and if u by MRC of Rex u have to send it away to him in the UK..

Dont think REVO is any good for your Golf Anton.They are for FBW cars and from what I remember,yours is a cable throttle.

VB

Sounds like good value for money and best thing is in some instances you can switch the programme off so you don't jeopardise warranties etc. I understand they do a stage 3 but not sure how that would work in conjunction with my mtm chip. Probably not at all.

hitmanGTI

Quote from: urq20v on January 18, 2006, 08:28:14 PM
Dont think REVO is any good for your Golf Anton.They are for FBW cars and from what I remember,yours is a cable throttle.

He can not do a OBD remap..

he can do a entire ECU Reflash via the ECU plugs

Im not too keen on sending ECU all the way over to the UK as much as i would like you do do the remap for me.. its just not a good option at the moment..

hitmanGTI

Quote from: VB on January 18, 2006, 09:20:39 PM
Sounds like good value for money and best thing is in some instances you can switch the programme off so you don't jeopardise warranties etc. I understand they do a stage 3 but not sure how that would work in conjunction with my mtm chip. Probably not at all.

oh you jeopardise your warranties there is no doubt about that..

if you think VWs VAG diag program is that stupid you have something coming

you are better off purchasing a Second ECU for your car if you dont want to jeopardise warranties..

urq20v

Quote from: HitmanGTI on January 18, 2006, 09:46:07 PM
He can not do a OBD remap..

he can do a entire ECU Reflash via the ECU plugs

Im not too keen on sending ECU all the way over to the UK as much as i would like you do do the remap for me.. its just not a good option at the moment..

Anton,Im not doing much tuning now,so dont worry!  ;D
OBD tuning is reflashing the ECU eeprom.If you go ahead with it I would be very interested to hear how it works.Not heard of "entire reflash of the ECU via the ECU plugs" before.

beeker

Quote from: HitmanGTI on January 18, 2006, 09:47:46 PM

you are better off purchasing a Second ECU for your car if you dont want to jeopardise warranties..

errr, maybe not. I know on the RS4 the ECU needs to me keyed to the dash unit as well. Thats why they are damm hard to steal !
14 RS6 Avant Black
23 RS6 Performance avant on order
17 Q7 S Line 200kw
93 E36 M3 Targa Car
01 Porsche Boxster Series Race Car
17 Porsche 991.2 GT3 clubsport
94 DC2 Integra Targa/Track Race Car
13 TR86 race car
2018 Highlander
2017 Outback

VB

Quote from: HitmanGTI on January 18, 2006, 09:47:46 PM

It was my understanding that with one of the switch units that you can get that you can switch the remap off or between various programms.

hitmanGTI

Quote from: urq20v on January 18, 2006, 10:14:43 PM
Anton,Im not doing much tuning now,so dont worry!  ;D
OBD tuning is reflashing the ECU eeprom.If you go ahead with it I would be very interested to hear how it works.Not heard of "entire reflash of the ECU via the ECU plugs" before.

I hadnt hear either but the guy reckoned it takes around an hour...and he wil come to my house and do it if i could be botherd going thru with it..

But alas.. im possible on the verge of selling up and purchasing something more reliable.. ie a honda..

Audi-man

Quote from: HitmanGTI on January 19, 2006, 10:14:01 PM

But alas.. im possible on the verge of selling up and purchasing something more reliable.. ie a honda..

Don't knock Honda's dude. I had a 1990 civic Vtec that I but a K&N filter on and thrashed for 120,000km's in my early 20's boy racer days. I red lined that car every time I drove it for over 5 years. After about 4 years and 90,000 totally thrashed K's the engine blew up. It cost me $900 for a Honda dealer to install a new engine with a 12 month warranty. The new engine went primo and I was none the wiser it had a different engine. Other than the engine I did 1 ball joint ($300). So the total cost of repairs after 120,000 totally thrashed k's worked out at about $300 a year. Try doing that with a euro! :-X

With not having to replace the filter, it only cost about $200 to get serviced through a Honda dealer too!

hitmanGTI

who said i was knocking. them..\

my cousin just bought a Non Vtech Civic..

far better than my car to drive.. nice gear box solid interior (not mk4 plastiky crap) and independant suspention something the MK4 was deprived off.. especially notable when i corner and the ass desides to lift one side...

Audi-man

Quote from: HitmanGTI on January 19, 2006, 10:39:06 PM

far better than my car to drive.. nice gear box solid interior (not mk4 plastiky s**t) and independant suspention something the MK4 was deprived off.. especially notable when i corner and the ass desides to lift one side...

Get an Integra. I always wanted one when I had my Civic. They go like snot and reline at about 8200rpm. Honda's sound fantastic with a K&N too.

You need to do something to start liking your car dude - (chip it). Nothing worse than not liking your car - it drags you down! (well having your car not running right drags you down too - where's my bloody new cat!!!!)

When I finally get around to calling you to vagcom the car (at a wedding this weekend) what bits where you going to do to improve the settings?

Cheers
Paul

hitmanGTI

I can check for faults blah de blah..

dude forget the cat u dont need it!!!!

Just geta resonater installed in place and it will stop that ZING!

VB

Quote from: MK4 GTI on January 18, 2006, 09:47:46 PM

Got informed by giltraps today that they aren't able to determine whether your car has an mtm chip so not sure what to believe.

hitmanGTI

Quote from: VB on April 11, 2006, 05:32:09 PM
Got informed by giltraps today that they aren't able to determine whether your car has an mtm chip so not sure what to believe.

they are just saying that to you now so you can go out blow it up and they they can go Ha ha ha you had a chip we can see it on the computer..

Speaking of revo.. revoerised in a few weeks time..

Simon MkII

Quote from: MK4 GTI on January 19, 2006, 10:39:06 PM

far better than my car to drive.. nice gear box solid interior (not mk4 plastiky s**t) and independant suspention something the MK4 was deprived off.. especially notable when i corner and the ass desides to lift one side...

The rear end in the golfs is fine for handling. Your inside rear wheel doesn't do much work around the corners anyway so it shouldn't matter if it flaps about in the breeze a bit  ;)

Dunno about your Mk4 interior though. The build quality of my Mk2's interior is better than it was in my '93 Integra  ???
Mazda Mx5

Neil_Corrado

Quote from: VB on April 11, 2006, 05:32:09 PM

If you get a MTM ECU/chip it usually doesn't void your warranty, providing its authorised by EMD (there are range of upgrades that are authorised depending on vehicle type)
I have watched a diagnostic machine at a dealer on a car that I know was REVO'd and the ECU doesn't give the correct infomation when its interrogated(it was reverted to standard tune at the time). If your ECU did that in a warranty failure situation there would be some uncomfortable questions asked, and chances are you'd be forking out for the repair.