OEM Stereo Units

Started by Rusty05, January 18, 2006, 01:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benji

Quote from: Rusty05 on January 18, 2006, 01:09:51 PM
My '97 A4 1.8TQ is ex Japan and the OEM stereo is a stacker controller. Never came with a stacker so i am looking for one. Trouble is, apart from the Audi branding, I cannot find who manufactured the stereo (to buy a corresponding stacker). I can't even get the thing out of the dash! I am also not sure if there is an existing controller cable through to the boot. Certainly can't find any sign of a plug in the boot. Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.  :-\ :laugh:

There is a brand new one for sale on Trade Me http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-stereos/CD-players/auction-45439088.htm

Cheers

Ben

Rusty05

Quote from: benji on January 20, 2006, 08:43:00 AM
There is a brand new one for sale on Trade Me http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-stereos/CD-players/auction-45439088.htm

Cheers

Ben

Thanks, still have to get at the back of mine to make sure it's compatible first...

taupoq

Rusty try going to repco and asking them if you can borrow a removal tool to use in the car park. The tool is used in other cars as well my local repco just took one out of a sony box.

dj thumpa

Anyone had a play with fitting aftermarket front speakers into an A4, I have discovered you have to take the whole door-card out to get to them (not that ive done so yet) also by the look of the grill they must be timy speakers!! Just wondering if its worth while, or just stick to good rear-fill sound..?

Another point, Ive noticed compared to many cars my A4 seems to have quite a few rattles when you crank up the volume, anyone else find that? 

i wana rs6

I had 5 1/4 inch lanzars fitted to replace the stock 4 inch units. You just have to watch the depth of the speaker otherwise it hits the window when its wound down. Its made a difference but its not that amazing.

Ive left the rear speakers in place as there reasonably okay and it would be a mission to replace them. Plus ive got other things to spend the $$ on.  ;)

dj thumpa

5 1/4" ain't too too bad I suppose, bigger spekers than I expected you could fit in.
Thanks for that info  :)