Author Topic: anyone know if tire rack ships internationall? or any tire shops that will?  (Read 6465 times)

Blake

awaiting an email from them to confirm if they send to NZ but wondered if some people on here might know if they or any other do in fact send internationally.

Cheers

Offline beeker

• ###
awaiting an email from them to confirm if they send to NZ but wondered if some people on here might know if they or any other do in fact send internationally.

Cheers

tyrerack do. when i last asked, it was US$300 for 4x tyres. funny enough i sent an email last week asking for current freight costs. Havnt heard back yet.
14 RS6 Avant Black
17 Q7 S Line 200kw
18 Disco5 HSE - sold
93 E36 M3 Targa Car
94 DC2 Integra Targa/Track Race Car

Blake

yeah the tyres are a pretty sweet deal huh. Mine are looking to be around 77 each. How did you find out whether they shipped internationally or not?

Blake

beeker - just got an email reply from the one I sent yesterday - they do send to New Zealand. Just sent them back my address etc so they can calculate shipping. Will let you know how I get on.

Blake

Got a quote back from the guys - all up for 4 tires it and freight it will cost NZ$650 + 80 for gst = NZ$730

I was being quoted 290 per tire in NZ ex of gst so would have been close to NZ$1500 to get them in NZ.

csmende

For shipping, you might find lower rates if you have a business address, or can convince someone to let you use theirs. I find most US companies that ship bulk items will ship them cheaper that way.

C

Offline beeker

• ###
Got a quote back from the guys - all up for 4 tires it and freight it will cost NZ$650 + 80 for gst = NZ$730

I was being quoted 290 per tire in NZ ex of gst so would have been close to NZ$1500 to get them in NZ.

So you gonna do this ? If so, please post you experience at the end. thx
14 RS6 Avant Black
17 Q7 S Line 200kw
18 Disco5 HSE - sold
93 E36 M3 Targa Car
94 DC2 Integra Targa/Track Race Car

Blake

yeah think I will do it. The address I gave was my work address. Not a bad price huh. Have to say getting my wheels from germany www.tunershop.com was smooth as it gets.

Offline dubstar

• ##
  • Golf GTI - It's all things to all men.
yeah think I will do it. The address I gave was my work address. Not a bad price huh. Have to say getting my wheels from germany www.tunershop.com was smooth as it gets.

If you don't mind me asking, how much was the final cost of bringing the wheels over (incl freight)?
"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."

Offline NasTnaS

• ##
  • Live and Learn.....
post pics of the wheels dude... what are they... BORBET huh huh huh????
...Nigel Aston
1971 Porsche 911T
1989 Volkswagen Golf GTI 16V
1989 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9
2001 Audi A4 Avant Le Mans
2009 Renault Megane R26

Blake

If you don't mind me asking, how much was the final cost of bringing the wheels over (incl freight)?

Not a prob dude. $1500 all up including tax off $120 into the country. The guy from tunershop.com - Ingo - put on the invoice they had a total cost of only NZ$900 so then I didn't have to pay as much tax and no duty at all.

post pics of the wheels dude... what are they... BORBET huh huh huh?

I went to pick them up on Sat but customs hadn't sent the fax to NZ Post saying the wheels were cleared - wasn't too happy about this so am seeing them today and having them picked up by my courier and delivered to Firestone in Parnell to hold them till I get my tyres.

What ya think - should I go ahead with getting the tires from the states? NZ$750 vs NZ$1500?

Here are the wheels - what ya think?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline NasTnaS

• ##
  • Live and Learn.....
thats NasT
...Nigel Aston
1971 Porsche 911T
1989 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9
2009 Renault Megane R26

Blake

thought ya like em!

what are your wheels like?

Offline NasTnaS

• ##
  • Live and Learn.....
thought ya like em!

what are your wheels like?

mine are 14" and brake dust coated.... looks pretty ugly...
...Nigel Aston
1971 Porsche 911T
1989 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9
2009 Renault Megane R26

Blake

mmm nice

surfwagon

Dayum, those wheels look awesome, love the deep dish effect.

Blake

well I have the wheels sitting at my gf's house right now - but they pictures we took - of the wheels - are too large and won't fit on the page. Need to learn how to resize em.....

Offline OOOO

• Administrator
Need to learn how to resize em.....

A must skill for any internet user...let me know if you're having no joy and need some assistance.
2007 Audi A8 4.2TDI
2009 Audi A3 quattro

Blake

well haven't tried yet - but what tricks and tips have you up your sleave?

Blake

ill give it a go now huh.... - actually can anyone tell me what these are - they came with the bolts etc and seem to plug into the inside of the wheel where the end of the bolts are.

[attachment deleted by admin]