anyone know if tire rack ships internationall? or any tire shops that will?

Started by Blake, January 18, 2005, 11:22:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blake

awaiting an email from them to confirm if they send to NZ but wondered if some people on here might know if they or any other do in fact send internationally.

Cheers

beeker

Quote from: Blake on January 18, 2005, 11:22:13 PM
awaiting an email from them to confirm if they send to NZ but wondered if some people on here might know if they or any other do in fact send internationally.

Cheers

tyrerack do. when i last asked, it was US$300 for 4x tyres. funny enough i sent an email last week asking for current freight costs. Havnt heard back yet.
14 RS6 Avant Black
23 RS6 Performance avant on order
17 Q7 S Line 200kw
93 E36 M3 Targa Car
01 Porsche Boxster Series Race Car
17 Porsche 991.2 GT3 clubsport
94 DC2 Integra Targa/Track Race Car
13 TR86 race car
2018 Highlander
2017 Outback

Blake

yeah the tyres are a pretty sweet deal huh. Mine are looking to be around 77 each. How did you find out whether they shipped internationally or not?

Blake

beeker - just got an email reply from the one I sent yesterday - they do send to New Zealand. Just sent them back my address etc so they can calculate shipping. Will let you know how I get on.

Blake

Got a quote back from the guys - all up for 4 tires it and freight it will cost NZ$650 + 80 for gst = NZ$730

I was being quoted 290 per tire in NZ ex of gst so would have been close to NZ$1500 to get them in NZ.

csmende

For shipping, you might find lower rates if you have a business address, or can convince someone to let you use theirs. I find most US companies that ship bulk items will ship them cheaper that way.

C

beeker

Quote from: Blake on January 23, 2005, 01:27:51 PM
Got a quote back from the guys - all up for 4 tires it and freight it will cost NZ$650 + 80 for gst = NZ$730

I was being quoted 290 per tire in NZ ex of gst so would have been close to NZ$1500 to get them in NZ.

So you gonna do this ? If so, please post you experience at the end. thx
14 RS6 Avant Black
23 RS6 Performance avant on order
17 Q7 S Line 200kw
93 E36 M3 Targa Car
01 Porsche Boxster Series Race Car
17 Porsche 991.2 GT3 clubsport
94 DC2 Integra Targa/Track Race Car
13 TR86 race car
2018 Highlander
2017 Outback

Blake

yeah think I will do it. The address I gave was my work address. Not a bad price huh. Have to say getting my wheels from germany www.tunershop.com was smooth as it gets.

dubstar

Quote from: Blake on January 23, 2005, 11:12:23 PM
yeah think I will do it. The address I gave was my work address. Not a bad price huh. Have to say getting my wheels from germany www.tunershop.com was smooth as it gets.

If you don't mind me asking, how much was the final cost of bringing the wheels over (incl freight)?
"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."

Period_Correct_

post pics of the wheels dude... what are they... BORBET huh huh huh????
1971 Porsche 911T | 1990 Audi Quattro Turbo | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant | 2009 Renault Megane R26

Blake

If you don't mind me asking, how much was the final cost of bringing the wheels over (incl freight)?

Not a prob dude. $1500 all up including tax off $120 into the country. The guy from tunershop.com - Ingo - put on the invoice they had a total cost of only NZ$900 so then I didn't have to pay as much tax and no duty at all.

post pics of the wheels dude... what are they... BORBET huh huh huh?

I went to pick them up on Sat but customs hadn't sent the fax to NZ Post saying the wheels were cleared - wasn't too happy about this so am seeing them today and having them picked up by my courier and delivered to Firestone in Parnell to hold them till I get my tyres.

What ya think - should I go ahead with getting the tires from the states? NZ$750 vs NZ$1500?

Here are the wheels - what ya think?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Period_Correct_

1971 Porsche 911T | 1990 Audi Quattro Turbo | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant | 2009 Renault Megane R26

Blake

Period_Correct_

Quote from: Blake on January 24, 2005, 11:52:17 AM
thought ya like em!

what are your wheels like?

mine are 14" and brake dust coated.... looks pretty ugly...

surfwagon

Blake

well I have the wheels sitting at my gf's house right now - but they pictures we took - of the wheels - are too large and won't fit on the page. Need to learn how to resize em.....

OOOO

Quote from: Blake on January 25, 2005, 12:05:46 AM
Need to learn how to resize em.....

A must skill for any internet user...let me know if you're having no joy and need some assistance.
2014 Audi A8 4.2TDI
2013 VW Golf 2.0TDI
2009 Audi A3 quattro

Blake

well haven't tried yet - but what tricks and tips have you up your sleave?

Blake

ill give it a go now huh.... - actually can anyone tell me what these are - they came with the bolts etc and seem to plug into the inside of the wheel where the end of the bolts are.

[attachment deleted by admin]