anyone know if tire rack ships internationall? or any tire shops that will?

Started by Blake, January 18, 2005, 11:22:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blake

Blake

csmende

Those are centering rings, I believe to make sure the wheels fit correctly to your hub. I think it'd be pretty easy to tell if you need them or not.

I don't recall having ever needed them ...

C

Blake

1.8t

Dam! Those are some noce wheels!

Ive posted a pic of that golf on the olf forum, under the title of my favorite mk2s.

What colour is your car? got any pictures?
Dudlee the 86 318i
Past.. 95 328i M Coupe, 97 Pug 306, 97 Vento

Blake

Mmm I was really close to getting some schmidt modern line but decided on these as they werent as chunky looking. It was a mission trying to get a decent shot of them cause they bounced the flash all the time! Haha I even got a pic of my gf sitting on them in an attempt to take the piss out of the Brit boys who tend to do that sort of thing - of course it's for personal viewing.....

my car....

[attachment deleted by admin]

Blake

bsting

Looks like what i have hopefully lined up in next couple of months.
3dr vr6 man 96 nznew silver.
Wheels will look good on your car. 8)

Blake

cheers matey. just looking at finding the right size wheels. I think perhaps 204/45/16 on the front will work better than a 205/40/16.

also at the back I will look at 235/40/16 rather than 225/40/16 seeing as it will give me too much stretch.

What ya think?

bsting

Blake

sure are. front - 7.5x16 ET 20 and rear - 9x16 ET 15

trying to work out my tire sizing's

Lunar7

??? ??? Why would you have bigger tyres on the rear of a front drive car? ????

1.8t

Quote from: Lunar7 on January 25, 2005, 05:24:50 PM
??? ??? Why would you have bigger tyres on the rear of a front drive car   ???

I agree, it wont have any advantage performace wise but I reckon it looks cool, and lets face it, while the mk3 vr6 is quick it will get eaten alive by a wrx. I would still rather the vr6 though!
Dudlee the 86 318i

RS ZWEI

Quote from: 1.8t on January 25, 2005, 05:32:45 PM
??? ??? Why would you have bigger tyres on the rear of a front drive car? ????

I agree, it wont have any advantage performace wise but I reckon it looks cool, and lets face it, while the mk3 vr6 is quick it will get eaten alive by a wrx. I would still rather the vr6 though!

Hold up young fella, it depends on what model WRX you are talking about. I dont mind taking on the odd WRX, Ive heard of people in VR6s beating them once rolling.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

1.8t

Quote from: Golfboy666GTI on January 25, 2005, 05:55:05 PM
Quote from: 1.8t on January 25, 2005, 05:32:45 PM
??? ??? Why would you have bigger tyres on the rear of a front drive car   ???

Hold up young fella, it depends on what model WRX you are talking about. I dont mind taking on the odd WRX, Ive heard of people in VR6s beating them once rolling.

I agree, just saying trying to make the point that the performance cant be his main reason for the wheels.

The mk3 is a much nicer car to drive and I know what I would rather drive!

Just saying there are more performance oreintated cars for the price of a nice vr6

:)
Dudlee the 86 318i

Blake

Of course I realise it is a front wheel drive. Reason wheels are larger at the back is purely asthetic. You honestly thought I thought it was real wheel drive? O dear.

Lunar7

:-\ :-\

I didn't think you thought it was rear wheel drive, just questioned the motivation.....

I'm a firm believer in form following function and question the impact of putting wider rubber on the rear of a front drive car, what the affect on the balance of the car, braking & overall safety.  Could be possible that the grip on the rear is reduced because the load is spread over a wider area ?

The Golden rule in all cases for modifying anything must be "first do no harm"