Corrado sunroof

Started by VeeDub, January 25, 2006, 11:08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VeeDub

Has anyone had the problem where it no longer slides open but still rises up (or doesnt work at all)? If so im also wondering how much it would cost to fix and if it is an easy job to do/have done?

Cheers
Tristan

Neil_Corrado

Its to do with the mechanism, it has a locking system that enables it to slide backwards, sometimes they can wear and  the no longer function properly. You can the parts from VW, but otherwise from a wrecker its the same roof as a '89-'94 Passat.

Is your Corrado NZ new?

VeeDub

Cheers Neil, I also heard that sometimes they were swapped with the Glass sunroofs from passats when the original ones were beyond repair? The Corrado isnt mine just yet, but im working on that - and yes, it is NZ New.

RS ZWEI

Quote from: VeeDub on January 26, 2006, 01:45:13 PM
Cheers Neil, I also heard that sometimes they were swapped with the Glass sunroofs from passats when the original ones were beyond repair? The Corrado isnt mine just yet, but im working on that - and yes, it is NZ New.

Is it that black one that went down to the SI a year or so ago?
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

bsting

There is a black 16v out there, with a serious twist in the chassis. Looks ok from the outside....

Neil_Corrado

Quote from: VeeDub on January 26, 2006, 01:45:13 PM

Yeah Ive heard that too, the glass roof would be a nice modification. My other Corrado I sold had that exact problem, one day it worked fine the next it wouldn't slide back correctly. If its red and the rego is PR*** its my old one.

VeeDub

The corrado is now mine, and its not your old red one - its the blue one. Thanks for the help

typ53

Congrats on the purchase.

I know this is a bit late, but if you're looking for a 'roof, the passat GT in Avondale Pickapart had one, I seem to recall them asking around $40 for the complete mechanism.

The Fleet:
Orange Roughy:'90 16v Corrado
'89 Carrera 4. 
'12 330d Touring
Still trying to figure out how to get 'em all to fit in a single garage....