Vulture alert

Started by attilathehun, June 21, 2011, 09:35:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qta4

Got one of those as well, mine is black station wagen 2001 model done 70k.
Also factory MTM chipped, cool eh.
Skill is, sucessfully tightrope walking across the Niagra Falls.
Intelligence is, having the sense not to do it.

00quattro00

What do you prefer? The 5cyl or 6cyl/
Land Rover Discovery 300tdi
Land Rover 110 4bd1t

attilathehun

I know its not what the thread is about, but do you experts    :angel: know if the 2000 2.7l S4 ECU fits the 93 URS4? There's a guy on EBAY claiming it does. I have some issues that may be ECU related

00quattro00

Quote from: attilathehun on June 29, 2011, 02:24:15 PM
I know its not what the thread is about, but do you experts    :angel: know if the 2000 2.7l S4 ECU fits the 93 URS4? There's a guy on EBAY claiming it does. I have some issues that may be ECU related

No way, what issues are you having?
Land Rover 110 4bd1t

RS ZWEI

Quote from: qta4 on June 28, 2011, 07:52:53 PM
Its interesting to hear peoples opinions on the URS6, i own one and find it a great car, mind you mine is one of two NZ new 6 speed manual.

But i would find it difficult to sell, but have to many cars also.

Great cars.

1 of 2 sold in 1996 Noel ;) I know of a few more 1995 manuals.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

attilathehun

??? well one issue is that the WGCV wont work even thought it has voltage on it, I tried another one and it wont work either. Seeing as its controlled from the ECU by varying the ground to it relative to 12v I am assuming ECU or wiring to ECU  (we all know about ASS  - u and me). It could simply be the the connectors on the ecu, but I'm too lazy to rip up the carpet and check.  In the meantime I have just plumbed in a manual boost controller to have boost above the wastegate spring tension (about1.6 bar) - and set it to 2.0 bar relative as thats what the wgcv does electronically (more or less). Car goes fine like this, but I would like to get it back to original.

volcanoblack

Quote from: 00basil00 on June 28, 2011, 08:05:36 PM
I own one of each and have driven both and on a daily basis the v8 wins, so smooth and a heap of pull :police:

I have had both too - loved the V8 which had more luxury features in the US than the NZ model S4 I now have. But it is tough choice between two wonderful cars.

Hey, might you have an air box cover for the S4 - which I think is the same as the S6? I need the top one that is square with a round cutout for the fuel filter.

Cheers,
vb

00quattro00

Quote from: volcanoblack on July 04, 2011, 06:47:27 PM
I have had both too - loved the V8 which had more luxury features in the US than the NZ model S4 I now have. But it is tough choice between two wonderful cars.

Hey, might you have an air box cover for the S4 - which I think is the same as the S6? I need the top one that is square with a round cutout for the fuel filter.

Cheers,
vb

Yep still have the airbox, ill send you a pic of it in the next day or two
Land Rover 110 4bd1t

volcanoblack

Quote from: 00basil00 on July 04, 2011, 06:49:00 PM
Yep still have the airbox, ill send you a pic of it in the next day or two

Any chance of getting the photo to me? I have managed to get my old AAN cylinder head found at the dealer and can pick it up the next time I am in Dunedin to send to you.

Care to do a swap for the airbox cover, and I also need a front fog light switch.

You can email me directly at:

irnstrw AT yahoo DOT com

cheers,
vb