My 1970 Beetle refresh-slowmo

Started by DubMan, August 03, 2011, 06:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M M

Thats awesome, can't wait to see it in the flesh.
Bought not built.

DubMan

I will be at the Jamboree on Sunday

DubMan

Quote from: 80 Vert on November 21, 2011, 03:36:13 PM
I didn't mean anything bad by my comment Arno and I should have explained better, I just don't like 2 tone on Beetle's especially late model ones but thats just my opinion and full credit to you to make the car into something you want.  ;)

I know......One to their own i guess, a style im after and im still learning the whole early.... late beetle thing lol.....give me time..... :P

DubMan

Adjustable Beam installed.....getting the low bug....lol need to take the bum and the front down some more, then some white walls

80 Vert

2010 T5 Transporter TDI  Tuned by Superior Tuning NZ
2003 Jetta Coupe soon to be R36TT
1991 Golf GTI 2.0 TSI swapped
1963 Type 34 Karmann Ghia, turbo 2.0
1990 Porsche 964 911 Carrera 4
1980 1303 Beetle vert, under restoration

DubMan

coons

80 Vert

2010 T5 Transporter TDI  Tuned by Superior Tuning NZ
2003 Jetta Coupe soon to be R36TT
1991 Golf GTI 2.0 TSI swapped
1963 Type 34 Karmann Ghia, turbo 2.0
1990 Porsche 964 911 Carrera 4
1980 1303 Beetle vert, under restoration

M M

Bought not built.

Salty

The wheels tuck nicely under the guards and then you'll have some sweet negative camber on the rear. Get familiar with the term 'pan scraper' and avoid every bump and pebble on the road. As for white walls you can use flappers as a cheap alternative. Some guys here opt for smart car 15" tyres and stripes for a interesting look.
Now in air cooled. '70 fastback 1835 turbo
2012 VW Golf Gti MKVI
2013 Triumph Street triple R

DubMan

Quote from: Salty on January 31, 2012, 09:50:08 AM
The wheels tuck nicely under the guards and then you'll have some sweet negative camber on the rear. Get familiar with the term 'pan scraper' and avoid every bump and pebble on the road. As for white walls you can use flappers as a cheap alternative. Some guys here opt for smart car 15" tyres and stripes for a interesting look.

Cheers......I know of u guy that paints white walls on normal tires, uses the proper paint for them.

DubMan

Painted the two front guards on the beetle today.......ready for ardmore WingsVWheels tomorrow....i know the bonnet is out due to fade.....got no cover at the moment....the rest of the blue will get redone....freshhh

M M

Bought not built.

DubMan

coons

Spotted you down at Bunnings on the weekend, looking good man. When are we going to see some nice fat wheels on this bad boy  >:D

DubMan

hahah when the wife releases the funds!.......need to pay attention to her Toy Celica now as it needs some paint and tlc......bugger.....lol

DubMan

Roofrack .....chopped, welded, bended.....wooden slats and some paint and stain, will post pics when im done with it....it came from an old Austin/morris so iot was all wrong in the start....now its fixed! lol.....

BB

The end is nigh, but the end of what is the question?

Pristle

die gooie ou Volksie. Looking good.

I like that you've kept the SA AA badge.

DubMan

I like to show off that it is from SA cause it's an odd ball ...lol
I'm doing a glossy light stain to keep it similar looking to the racks you can buy for beetles and kombi's.