The rings on the side of the car....

Started by stevo1970, January 20, 2005, 04:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevo1970

Hi,
I have another question I would like answered.Perhaps someone can clarify this!!.
  Some Ur-quattros have the rings on the side( lower doors I mean )........and others do not?. I have seen in England late production cars with the rings and earlier cars as well with rings, the car I have (85WR) does not, and I wish it did. But why have some got them and others don't?. 

Steve

p.s and if the car originally did not have them would it be tacky or possible to put them on?.

RS ZWEI

Quote from: stevo1970 on January 20, 2005, 04:59:29 PM
Hi,
I have another question I would like answered.Perhaps someone can clarify this!!.
? Some Ur-quattros have the rings on the side( lower doors I mean )........and others do not?. I have seen in England late production cars with the rings and earlier cars as well with rings, the car I have (85WR) does not, and I wish it did. But why have some got them and others don't?.?

Steve

p.s and if the car originally did not have them would it be tacky or possible to put them on?.

Ive seen 1985 WRs with the rings on the side. Rex is the man to ask, but he is away in Taupo for the weekend I think and I dont know if he has internet access.
I think that Jone Stone got some of those decals made up when he did some paint touch ups on his ur, again I think he is going to be at the track day tomorrow (Friday) in Taupo.

What colour is your WR?
Do you have pics?
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

WRURQ

Hi I had thought that all the UR quattro's had the rings on the lower doors, only cases I have seen where this is not the case is where owner has removed as they looked worn over time due to fading etc or the Car had been sprayed and decals not replaced. You can source these on ebay, just search on UR quattro.

How long have you had your UR and where did you get it from??

stevo1970

I ll try to put a photo up when I figure out how to do the computer/digital camera thing. I don't think the car has been resparyed, perhaps they did wear off or were removed?.I have the full service history of the car but that does not any dings or body work done in the last 20 years, all I am sure of ( I hope ) is that it was never in a major as the panels are streight as.
I will look on e-bay as suggested , thanks for the tip.

Steve

Horch

All quatrro's from 1980 - 1991 had the rings (decal) fitted at assembly after painting with the exception of all sport quattro in 1984 these had small Audi oval badge on the doors.
Decal part numbers? 857 853 443? O1C? - black rings or 857 853 443 97A - silver rings
2018 Porsche 991 Carrera T Manual
1988 urquattro MB
1986 MB 300SL
1956 DKW RT250
2006 Vespa PX200