Spotted: A8 W12

Started by AndyS, February 11, 2006, 04:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rambo_005

Quote from: Turbo NotLo on February 12, 2006, 10:43:37 PM
bmw's are for wankers.
audi's are for wankers who don't want people to know they're wankers.
so they're styled more subtly which is their niche. understated yet confident.
this may make them look similar, but i'd rather have a good looking car which is similar to it's stablemate than a unique looking pig-ugly turd.

This is what I meant to say, he said it for me tho...

hitmanGTI

Quote from: Turbo NotLo on February 12, 2006, 10:43:37 PM
bmw's are for wankers.
audi's are for wankers who don't want people to know they're wankers.
so they're styled more subtly which is their niche. understated yet confident.
this may make them look similar, but i'd rather have a good looking car which is similar to it's stablemate than a unique looking pig-ugly turd.

and only wankers knock things that they dont own, but still admit they are something withought trying to knock what they do own..

BTW Spotted Nice Nogo Blue S4 last night same shape as yours turbo\

Just watch what you say about other car brands.. you may turn  one day and dont say you wont...

My old man used to love audis.. he wont go near one now after the vast amounts of problems with his audi at the time.. he has moved to bmw and has owned 2 since 1992 till now.. one was a 734 and current is a 750iAL only issue he has ever had with the 750 is a rear window regulator which has been replaced free of charge...!

Turbo

Quote from: HitmanGTI on February 13, 2006, 07:19:58 AM
and only wankers knock things that they dont own, but still admit they are something withought trying to knock what they do own..

Just watch what you say about other car brands.. you may turn  one day and dont say you wont...

huh?
i'm not sure what you're saying in the first sentence.

if it's implying i'm a wanker, then you're only repeating what i've said.

if it's implying that i think bmw's are bad, then you're wrong, the M3 (E46) is awesome but i don't want come out of the wanker closet just yet.  5's and 7's have a bit more class than the M3 upstart, but it's the 3 that i'd have if i was "out". with the the exception of the 6 new beemers look like they've started to melt.

so to recap: i'm a wanker.

hope this clears everything up for you.
2000 S4, MTM stage 1, Oettinger RE's, Bilstein Sports, Vogtland springs, H&R Swaybars, DBA 4000 rotors, EBC Yellow stuff pads, 710N DV's, F1 tints, RS4 clutch

Period_Correct_

beemers always give the impression "spoiled rich kid" that was in SA, might be different here!

first impressions last!

however i wouldn't mind a E30 M3, or E30 333i
1971 Porsche 911T | 1990 Audi Quattro Turbo | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant | 2009 Renault Megane R26

hitmanGTI

Quote from: Turbo NotLo on February 13, 2006, 11:20:54 AM

so to recap: i'm a wanker.

hope this clears everything up for you.

hmmm

i guess we are all wankers then lol

Turbo

Quote from: NasTnaS on February 13, 2006, 11:48:20 AM
beemers always give the impression "spoiled rich kid" that was in SA, might be different here!

nope, same here.

one of my clients desperately wanted an M3 but due to their ostentatious nature didn't want the associated baggage, so he had an S4 here (which manages to slip below the tall poppy radar).
when he moved to the states, where ego is celebrated, the M3 was the first thing he bought.
2000 S4, MTM stage 1, Oettinger RE's, Bilstein Sports, Vogtland springs, H&R Swaybars, DBA 4000 rotors, EBC Yellow stuff pads, 710N DV's, F1 tints, RS4 clutch

Dubious

Sad that some people still think that way. For me though, I couldn't give a rooter's hoot about what other people think of my car (or of me as the driver). Why should I drive a Corolla just because they do?
In fact, I want to drive a Euro because they're in a Corolla  :)
15 8V S3 APR Stage 1

Turbo

Quote from: Dubious on February 13, 2006, 12:53:11 PM
Sad that some people still think that way. For me though, I couldn't give a rooter's hoot about what other people think of my car (or of me as the driver). Why should I drive a Corolla just because they do?
In fact, I want to drive a Euro because they're in a Corolla  :)

yeah, but there's degrees of "f**k you and your corolla." ferrari being at the more extreme end, and perhaps skoda at the more moderate.

JimmyRoyale

Quote from: 1.8t on February 12, 2006, 01:39:55 PM
Neil you are too good at this game!

I agree the m5 is great but the non Mspec M5 fivers just dont do it for me, i dont really know why.

Im a big fan of the older M Coupe though, they rock the party, only seen a few round

M Coupes are one of the sexiest wee ugly ducklins ever! Love em.

Ssom

The very same W12 is on Trademe at the moment, nice car but there are much better ways to spend $250k...

Poonmobile

Im not a huge fan of the current range of beemers... but I can make an exception to the M5, actually i don't mind the 5 series styling. But the 1 series really bugs me...I mean WTF?!

I don't think the e33 M3 is over the top, it's really only the wheels and the side vents that give it away and to the untrained eye it lokks pretty ordinary, as my G/F would say, i like the colour ;)

Actually I can't say i'm a huge fan of the current range of a4's or a6's obviously bar the Rs4... each to their own...
Current:
06 NZ B7 RS4 Avus Silver, 01 NZ B5 RS4 Avus Silver, 93 NZ VR6 Tornado Red 3dr, Renault Clio 172 & Renault Clio 197
Past:
MK2 VR6, MK5 GTI, 2 x MK5 R32, 8L S3 Imola, MK4 Golf V6 4MO, Polo GTI, 2x MK3 VR6, D2 S8, B5 S4 Avant, 03 NZ R32 Deep Blue Pearl, Renault Megane R26 liquid yello

Pepper

Have you guys ever serviced a W12? They take 12.5 litres of oil!! Oh and the 60,000km spark plug change takes ages.  ;D

Ms GTi

Quote from: Poonmobile on October 29, 2006, 01:30:41 AM
Im not a huge fan of the current range of beemers... but I can make an exception to the M5, actually i don't mind the 5 series styling. But the 1 series really bugs me...I mean WTF?!

Apart from the Golfs, the beemers are the only range of cars that just keep getting better and better looking with each new model, imo.  Sure the 1 series is a bit out there, but how can you fault the 3s, 5s and especially the M6 coupe - stunning.  Liking the new Z4 hardtop too.
I had one of the new 545i Tourings for a week last year - massive compared to the GTi - but such a luxurious beast. Was hard to give it back.

BB

Ive enjoyed reading this post :) But i have nothing to say about it. Oh yea I like Audis better even tho i agree with all the critisisms about them as well.
The end is nigh, but the end of what is the question?

08vRS

Quote from: Neil on February 12, 2006, 06:06:26 PM
So your saying because BMW styled their cars differently, people bought the inferior A4?
Although this will be a unpopular statement. Audi's now all look the same, can you say with a 110% certainty that at a glance you could tell an A3 from an A4 from the front? Same goes for A6 and A8. Even if you don't like BMW's current styling, at least you know which model your looking at.

Have you seen the new 5 series? Or was it a 7? I'm not sure... :-\