Injection Systems

Started by 1.8t, February 12, 2006, 07:16:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil_Corrado

Oh ok. You can buy from VW the electrical terminals if required.

typ53

The terminals, without the rest of the plug?  Any idea on price?
The Fleet:
Orange Roughy:'90 16v Corrado
'89 Carrera 4. 
'12 330d Touring
Still trying to figure out how to get 'em all to fit in a single garage....

Neil_Corrado

Yeah ;D depends on which piece you require. You can buy the terminal housing too. There is a whole catalogue on it.

typ53

::)  Sounds like a long process. 

The Fleet:
'89 Carrera 4. 
'12 330d Touring

Neil_Corrado

Not really, they split it up into 2pin, 4pin, 6pin connectors and so on.

hitmanGTI

Quote from: typ53 on February 16, 2006, 09:55:39 AM
And Seriously Rough Paint.

Just outt interest why is the paint rough?

orggti

You will have a much improved car with modern electronic injection typ53, good on ya. Apart from being so much smoother and not as on off as k-jet is. Full electronics are so much more flexible to further improvements and mods. And the even better thing is you will get better fuel economy which if this car is a daily driver will pay for the whole thing in about a year or two.
K-jet was great. 20 years ago.   

typ53

Quote from: orggti on February 16, 2006, 03:42:23 PM
You will have a much improved car with modern electronic injection typ53, good on ya.

Thanks for the encouragement.  It sometimes seems a little daunting.

Quote from: HitmanGTI on February 16, 2006, 11:47:56 AM
Just outt interest why is the paint rough?

The best part of a dozen years sitting outside at airports hasn't been kind to the old girl, and the polishing required has worn away the clear coat in a number of places too.  That should be changing soon though.
The Fleet:
'89 Carrera 4. 
'12 330d Touring

Neil_Corrado

orggti

Go to pickapart and get some injectors, a ECU and any other bits you might need for bugger all then fit them into a vw manifold and so on. Ask what would be the best car to get this stuff from but i would suggest a 1.6  corrolla AGE motor or a nissan pulsar/sentra 1.6 donk. You could even get the whole loom from the ecu forward.

typ53

Quote from: Neil on February 17, 2006, 09:04:37 AM

http://www.neutronics.com/bosch.html

Interesting idea.  I guess it works similar to KE-jetronic.  I wonder how much they want for their kit with the CAT included, and how tunable it is?

Orggti, thanks for the suggestion on parts, I have pretty much everything I need already (I hope).  Sourcing an ECU from a wreck is a good idea, alas I've already shelled out for mine.  Now it's down to time available. 

The most difficult thing to source appears to be finding a fuel rail that will fit - you can get threaded plastic fuel injector inserts from VAG that will fit the injector holes in the 16v manifold, but you need a long branch off the fuel rail to reach down between the intake runners.  Most likely one must be fabricated to fit. 

I have a modified Subaru one that fits inside the runners, but I'm not sure yet how it will perform. I'm concerned that it's a little too close to the head and all that heat.

The Fleet:
'89 Carrera 4. 
'12 330d Touring

orggti

most rails are quite close to the inlet and therefore the head i dont think that should matter. Is the ECU your going to use tuneable thro a laptop? I dont really know to much about how much you can do with the average jap car ECU, maybe you will need to link it all up to a aftermarket one as you will need to adjust it to suit what your car is doing. 

typ53

It's a Link, probably fairly basic when compared with OEM ECUs, but should do the job.  I have a hand controller to tune it with, and there is also the ability to tune it through PC software.

http://www.link-electro.co.nz/home.html

The Fleet:
'89 Carrera 4. 
'12 330d Touring

orggti

Period_Correct_

1971 Porsche 911T | 1990 Audi Quattro Turbo | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant | 2009 Renault Megane R26

orggti

Thanks nigel, with that everybody who has K-jet never need ask a question again. Excellent.

hitmanGTI

Quote from: orggti on February 18, 2006, 04:45:43 PM
Thanks nigel, with that everybody who has K-jet never need ask a question again. Excellent.

Thanks nige you just put jeremy out of a job

Period_Correct_

Quote from: HitmanGTI on February 19, 2006, 07:29:04 PM
Thanks nige you just put jeremy out of a job

jem doesnt have a job, its more of a passion, passion to hate working on old school GOLFS!
1971 Porsche 911T | 1990 Audi Quattro Turbo | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant | 2009 Renault Megane R26

orggti

I like working on mk1s its just the mk2s they started to get all silly with. But i dont hate them Nigel.

Period_Correct_