get-the-quattro-running project

Started by audire, October 22, 2011, 09:58:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

audire

I spoke to the mechanic this morning after he had been comparing the other wr with our one. He has found that they have different distributors fitted. I can only presume that ours was replaced, but have no record of it.

The current distributor has the numbers 0237034003 and 035905205AB engraved on the side. The link below is to a photo of it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64536267@N00/6987547120

Would someone with a WR be able to check what they have fitted to their car please?

George
==
'96 Audi S2
'84 ur quattro 10v

John Stone

Had a look on the parts menu and the dizzy you list is designated for the WC (auto) motor.
For WR it lists 035 - 905 205AJ or 035 905 206AF
Cannot check today will be away till late. The ones above I've listed are also common to the KG motor.
Would be interesting to know what the differences are?
86 WR
04 A3
05 V50T5

audire

Thanks for this info John.

I had an email come through last night from a contact at Audi Tradition. He said that based on the VIN, the distributor that should be fitted is 035905205AJ. So somewhere along the line, some muppet has put the wrong one back one.

The guy from Audi Tradition put me on to http://www.koller.de/; I'm waiting to hear back from them. I will try all of the usual parts channels, sadly it was dropped by Audi in 2000 with no replacement.

It is somewhat relieving that the problems that the car's been having can be attributed to something as simple as this. Here's hoping that it's the only issue.
==
'96 Audi S2
'84 ur quattro 10v

slowburn

i might have a KG distributor? do want me to have a look? or Basil,did that KG i got off you have the distributor on it? if not,do you have it? holla
99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

audire

Quote from: slowburn on May 03, 2012, 09:53:04 AM
i might have a KG distributor? do want me to have a look? or Basil,did that KG i got off you have the distributor on it? if not,do you have it? holla

That sounds excellent - would you mind having a look for it?
==
'96 Audi S2
'84 ur quattro 10v

slowburn

sure,i'll check and get back to ya ;)
99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

slowburn

it's stashed not far from work ,but i have a suspicion that it does not have the distributor,I'll go look,I also PM'd the guy I got it off and asked after it for ya.....
99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

audire

Quote from: slowburn on May 03, 2012, 12:22:49 PM
it's stashed not far from work ,but i have a suspicion that it does not have the distributor,I'll go look,I also PM'd the guy I got it off and asked after it for ya.....

Thanks slowburn, but I've just found out that Bosch's substitute parts is available & I've gone and ordered one. Not cheap, but I'm just glad I've got a new one.
==
'96 Audi S2
'84 ur quattro 10v

slowburn

sweet,yeah just went and looked today,no distributor on the engine....glad you found a sub part tho,can't wait to see this thing....
99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

BB

Anybody seen my mates hand painted rally spec 4 door 90 with the plates Quotro?
Hes 84 now the old coot who did it, its a real hoot.
The end is nigh, but the end of what is the question?