Newby here wanting a Wagon

Started by gen-8, October 22, 2011, 06:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frostmotorsport

Quote from: 00basil00 on October 24, 2011, 09:28:31 PM
C chassis is bigger than the B chassis

more specifically, the C chassis is an A6 rather than an A4 - however, the 6's are a bit of a boat to drive, and not actually that much bigger.  But it is one way to get into the 4.2 V8 - which is an awesome motor.  Wikipedia has some good stats on the two chassis and it makes good reading.
I wouldn't have road rage if morons didn't have a drivers licence!

gen-8

yea frost i read that last week and was intersting but theyr capable of bolting into the B platform rightfully as theyr the same chassis really ,so i can bolt a C motor in a B chassis and mod that ..correct?

BDI_S4

I really like the front end on the Legnum, nice work.

As for the Audi question, I'm going to chip on with the same advice as the above... if you can hold off until the budget supports an S4 purchase, you should.  Have a drive of one of you can, and you'll know exactly why :)

Turbo

Quote from: gen-8 on October 23, 2011, 07:09:11 AM

being a VR4 Owner with 312kw form a 2.5 twinny your honest opinion do you think the 1.8 will make me proud or ?

you'd need to spend quite a bit to get 300kw from the 1.8t, and not sure how driveable it would be at sedate speeds. here's a discussion about that:
http://www.audigeeks.com/forums/index.php?topic=3283.0

a vask member here has a B5 1.8t with around 220kw, the lighter block up front makes it handle better than the heavier V's too.
...one thing you will learn is that audi quattros are synonymous with understeer.
2000 S4, MTM stage 1, Oettinger RE's, Bilstein Sports, Vogtland springs, H&R Swaybars, DBA 4000 rotors, EBC Yellow stuff pads, 710N DV's, F1 tints, RS4 clutch

gen-8

thats awsum info guys,um as for steering the legnums arent too flash anyhow..
so as an entry would the majority reccomend buying a 1,8 and going from there or???

what are the manual convert kits worth? and can the 1,8 box fit the V's if i choose to upgrade later on?
you guys are very very helpfull tthanx

and thanx for the comment on the legnum,i built that up completly myself including the kit

RS4

Regardless of how you do it, the 1.8t will be a hell of an expensive build to get anywhere near the power you want.
Needs rods, injectors, fuel pump, hybrid turbo, full exhaust/downpipe, custom software and more ++++$$$$$

Audi RS4 450 BHP, Milltek, intake, remapped (sold)
VW Edition 30, 307 BHP remap. Manual. (sold)
Audi S6 V10, Milltek , Audi A4 B8 (sold)
VW Golf MK6 Gti, Black
Skoda Octavia vRS TDi, Blue, Coilovers, Mapped, 19's SOLD
Audi B7 A4 3.0 TDi , Mapped, more to follow

gen-8

what bout the 2.0 Se quattros? stay away? are they turbo aswell?

pooek9

Quenton, Do you want me to bring my wagon over one day? Mine is a b7 prefacelift 2 litre turbo, that has been chipped, and it's black! I think it's one of the best looking wagons you can buy (no doubt the rs4 is better but most mere mortals with morgages, little kids and wives that are not into cars this was the best i could get) in hind sight though I should have got a 4wd that is cheap to run that I can use to tow the race car. The only bad thing about the A4 is it is kinda small especially when you have a couple of baby seats in the back.

gen-8

i would love that matey ,i have not been in a audi wagon apart from my brother in laws 2010 S-Line Diesel Sedan,wotta beauty that is lol..
flick me a txt or call 0277210104 and thank you

gen-8

so the 2.0 SE or irrespective .. the 2.0l is a non turbo gutless peice is it?

Turbo

not familiar with "SE" google says it might be 'standard edition' so, meh.

pretty sure there are no 2.0L turbo in the B6 range. (B7 gets 2.0tfsi)

so to me, it seems your options are:

1.8t
stage 1,  ~$1000 - $2000
stage 2, ~ $2500 - $4000 (DPs and cat deletion)
stage 3 (+)  ~$7000 - ???? as much as you want to spend.

3.0 V6
keep stock $0
exhaust/filters ~$1000-$3000
supercharge ~$7000?

B6 body engine/trans transplant - upgrade suspension/brakes $???

S4

B5 RS4
2000 S4, MTM stage 1, Oettinger RE's, Bilstein Sports, Vogtland springs, H&R Swaybars, DBA 4000 rotors, EBC Yellow stuff pads, 710N DV's, F1 tints, RS4 clutch

gen-8

are they al l3 wheel drive or is there a 2wd? ill want 4wd tho
and if i purchased the 3l v6 can that body b the start to a 2.7 upgrade?

RS ZWEI

1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

gen-8

yes it is a petrol one,are they any good and can it fit into the B6 platform? and manual boxes available ot not?
sorry for all the questions..

otherwise who is the best priced wrecker of audi in NZ

Wheelman

Quote from: gen-8 on October 28, 2011, 07:42:28 AM
what motor would this have in it?
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=416205276

Bit of info for you from CAR JAM, someone has already done a check obviously
Make: AUDI
Model: ALLROAD
Year: 2004
Submodel: 2.7T QUATTRO
Main colour: Silver
Vehicle type: Passenger Car/Van
Body style: Station Wagon
No of seats: 5
CC rating: 2,671cc
Fuel type: Petrol
Power: 184kW
VIN: WAUZZZ4B55N015694
Plate: CKW866
Plate type: Standard
Engine no: BES01109
Latest odometer reading: 125,652 Km (on 2011, February 10th, source: WOF Inspection)
Estimated current odometer reading: 143,771 Km

Regards
"Stealth Red" B6 S4
Milltek Hi flow Cats and full non res system
Hyperflow cold air intake
Remap by Autopassion

Turbo

Quote from: gen-8 on October 28, 2011, 07:39:40 AM
are they al l3 wheel drive or is there a 2wd? ill want 4wd tho
and if i purchased the 3l v6 can that body b the start to a 2.7 upgrade?

all the one's i mentioned are quattro (AWD) except perhaps the B6 body donor, depending on what you find.

now you're talking! - the all road has a detuned version of the B5 S4 engine.
pretty sure a stage 1 tune would make it equal with an S4's stage 1 tune (or close enough).
the tunability from there is almost endless, there are a couple of 1000hp s4's in europe.

then during the transplant if you can push everything as far back behind the front axles as possible you'll have a weapon.

However, if you're thinking of not tuning much past 300-400hp then perhaps consider the V8 as it's alloy, so it weighs a little less in total than the cast iron V6 with bi turbos, 2x intercoolers and associated plumbing.

gen-8

ok so if i look for eiter the 2.7 or the 4.2 then ill be sweet.
wich B6 shell is 4wd then? must be a wagon tho..
and what manaul boxes are there for these motors and would it fit both these motors or not?
thanx guys

Turbo

i wouldn't rule out getting the 3.0V6. gives you decent power straight away, then you can supercharge it for less fuss and money than a swap later on if you want.

all the turbo b6 are quattros (including TDI) and the 3.0V6.  the easy way to tell is if it has the little silver quattro badge on the front grill like this:

i don't really know about the transmissions and their compatibility, guys on here like Vert may know.

some engine swap links
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/58851-S4-4.2-V8-engine-in-A4
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/238575-2.7t-engine-in-my-B6-A4
http://www.ozaudi.com/forums/showthread.php/19396-installing-a-2.7t-engine-in-an-audi-A4.

00quattro00

Quote from: gen-8 on October 28, 2011, 05:24:56 PM
ok so if i look for eiter the 2.7 or the 4.2 then ill be sweet.
wich B6 shell is 4wd then? must be a wagon tho..
and what manaul boxes are there for these motors and would it fit both these motors or not?
thanx guys

The gearboxes will take a 4,5,6 and 8cyl
Land Rover Discovery 300tdi
Land Rover 110 4bd1t