Expansion of VAG?

Started by Audi-man, February 17, 2006, 09:23:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Audi-man

Chaps,

Very risky question here;

But with all the recent topics about Porsches, would there be any support to expand the scope of cars under the general categories to include Porsche? Would suggest all Porsche modes covered just under the heading Porsche?   :o

OK you can throw stuff at me now!  8)

Pushbutton_auto

Well we did design a Porsche for them way back.   :)

But then the Fiats would want one too and then ...

Maybe an Other Euros division ?
Beating up parking wardens ain't a crime.

Turbo

Quote from: Audi-man on February 17, 2006, 09:23:58 AM
Chaps,

Very risky question here;

But with all the recent topics about Porsches, would there be any support to expand the scope of cars under the general categories to include Porsche? Would suggest all Porsche modes covered just under the heading Porsche?   :o

OK you can throw stuff at me now!  8)

porsches rule, but they have their own forum. the occasional topic the pops up is cool, but i doubt it needs to be a category.
lamborghini has more right to be here than porsche.
2000 S4, MTM stage 1, Oettinger RE's, Bilstein Sports, Vogtland springs, H&R Swaybars, DBA 4000 rotors, EBC Yellow stuff pads, 710N DV's, F1 tints, RS4 clutch

Pristle

Personally I regard Porsche as much a part of the VAG family as SEAT or Skoda. Anyone wishing to argue should go through the respective parts bins, I'm sure there's more than a nut and bolt shared between the marques. Neil could probably bear me out on this.

Fiat (while I like them) and other Euros would need a separate homepage altogether. Maybe with a 'link'.

timmay

Touraeg and Cayenne share the same platform to name one. Speaking of which, we don't have a Touraeg group in the forum.

Not that i'm complaining though, coz I think we're pretty sorted atm with the most used groups available anyway.  :)
2001 Porsche Boxster S: Meridian Silver| De-Ambered | De-Snorkled Intake
2003 VW Golf R32 | 2009 BMW Z4 sDrive35i | 2007 BMW 130i SE MSport | 1999 Honda S2000 | 2003 Mazda RX8 Type-S | 2000 VW Golf GTi | 1998 Mazda MX5 RS

Audi-man

Quote from: Pristle on February 17, 2006, 11:18:47 AM
Personally I regard Porsche as much a part of the VAG family as SEAT or Skoda. Anyone wishing to argue should go through the respective parts bins, I'm sure there's more than a nut and bolt shared between the marques. Neil could probably bear me out on this.

Fiat (while I like them) and other Euros would need a separate homepage altogether. Maybe with a 'link'.

Yeah I Agree, Porsche and VW have the same inventors. The Porsche family owns a big chunk of VW and vice versa. Not sure about Audi financial tie up? They have had common cars including 356 Porsche which has modified VW running gear, the 914, 924, 944 and 968 are all cars made by Audi with Porsche supplied engines. RS2 has Porsche parts and tuning. The list goes on.

Lambo's are Italian even if owned by Audi. It's like saying lambo's are yank tanks when they where owned by Chrysler (or was it GM?) and should be on US car club sites.

I accept Porsche has the biggest cult following and club support of any car brand and doesn't really need any help from a VAG forum for Porsche fans to 'bond', but we are obviously all German car fans and enjoy talking about Porsche's 'almost' as much as any other German car. 8)

typ53

Let's not forget that the very first VW was technically a Porsche design...
The Fleet:
Orange Roughy:'90 16v Corrado
'89 Carrera 4. 
'12 330d Touring
Still trying to figure out how to get 'em all to fit in a single garage....

Turbo

Quote from: Audi-man on February 17, 2006, 11:56:18 AM
Lambo's are Italian even if owned by Audi. It's like saying lambo's are yank tanks when they where owned by Chrysler (or was it GM?) and should be on US car club sites.

well the new audi S8 and S6 have lambo V10's, that's where i was headed.

maybe there could be an "Other Euros" topic, just for ease of searching and posting.
bung it all in there.

as well as Toureg we don't have an Allroad or Q7 topic.

but if we extend to all VAG there'll be:
Bentley
Bugatti
Lamborghini

i just think keeping it simple with an "other Euros" be easier to navigate.

2000 S4, MTM stage 1, Oettinger RE's, Bilstein Sports, Vogtland springs, H&R Swaybars, DBA 4000 rotors, EBC Yellow stuff pads, 710N DV's, F1 tints, RS4 clutch

Audi-man

Quote from: Turbo NotLo on February 17, 2006, 12:48:05 PM
i just think keeping it simple with an "other Euros" be easier to navigate.

Like it  8)

tempq18t

>Begin Echelon Jam Sig<
errt678 b9897 665646y jyuyiuo hhghg65 9%$ spew3 )
ATF DOD MILITIA GUN HANDGUN BALI ASSAULT RIFLE BINLADEN DRUG IRAN MI5 ONI CID AK47 M16 C4 SADDAM TALIBAN MOSSAD NASA MI5 URANIUM PLUTONIUM NUCLEAR WEAPON KOREA CULT PAKISTAN SATAN PRESIDENT FBI NSA DUBYA
>End Echelon Jam Sig

Pristle, you trying to get us in trouble

veedubtom

Yeh I saw that and had a very good chuckle :D

The Admiral

Quote from: tempq18t on February 17, 2006, 03:21:11 PM
>Begin Echelon Jam Sig<
errt678 b9897 665646y jyuyiuo hhghg65 9%$ spew3 )
ATF DOD MILITIA GUN HANDGUN BALI ASSAULT RIFLE BINLADEN DRUG IRAN MI5 ONI CID AK47 M16 C4 SADDAM TALIBAN MOSSAD NASA MI5 URANIUM PLUTONIUM NUCLEAR WEAPON KOREA CULT PAKISTAN SATAN PRESIDENT FBI NSA DUBYA
>End Echelon Jam Sig

you what????

rambo_005

Proton and Lotus?? We'll see in a week...

cao

yeah Lotus section  ;D ;D ;D
No if only I had one  :-\

rambo_005

Quote from: cao on February 01, 2007, 04:49:15 PM
yeah Lotus section  ;D ;D ;D
No if only I had one  :-\

Better invest in a piggy bank, make it a giant one too :P

cao

Don't worry about me  8) FBUTHLKIPSKTBRM......

Anyway they are not that expensive especially when used.