Bentley Flying Spur

Started by 1.8t, January 23, 2005, 09:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1.8t

Im pretty sure that Bentley is VAG.

If you like the Conti GT, check this out, its a new sedan called the Flying Spur, 6L twin-turbo v12 pushing 552hp.

With some decent wheels I think it will look superb!

More info here http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publish/bentley_news/article_1162.shtml

Discuss :)
Dudlee the 86 318i
Past.. 95 328i M Coupe, 97 Pug 306, 97 Vento

dubstar

Bentley certainly is VAG.  I still think they should have made the veyron, instead of investing in a rolls royce-type car.  Which reminds me, the other day I was driving on the southern and there was a brand spanking 2004 Rolls-royce.  This thing was hhhhuuuggggeee, It was twice as long as the golf and as high as the nissan vanette driving beside it.  The interior looked better then my home!!
"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."

surfwagon

I spotted a brand new Phantom on the weekend in Hamilton (must've been passing through!), the thing was dwarfing the cars round it.

I think it's great how companies are trying to outdo each other in the 'mines-bigger-than-yours' stakes. Pity some of there stylings miss the mark.

rambo_005

The Conti GT was a good looking car, and this sedan pulls the coupe's styling off nicely.
How much of the new Bentleys are built in Crewe? I'd imagine it would be more assembly and manufacutring would be mostly German.

cy

had a ride in my uncle's Conti GT n Red Arnage

Conti GT... too much VW... just feels like a big expensive fast VW.. yes very nicely built, but lost the heritage of the red arnage

rambo_005

I guess it's the same as the new Lambo's. You can shift gears without having to work out now... ;D

dubstar

Quote from: rambo_005 on January 24, 2005, 11:04:13 PM
I guess it's the same as the new Lambo's. You can shift gears without having to work out now... ;D

Why? have you driven one?
"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."

rambo_005

Quote from: dubstar on January 25, 2005, 09:14:41 AMWhy? have you driven one?

No I have not driven one. I was making a joke regarding the improved gear shift since VAG purchased Lamborghini.

1.8t

I saw two of these today, they look very impressive!
Dudlee the 86 318i

rambo_005

I at least 3 at Independant Prestige when up in Akl on Tuesday. Cool car.

Also saw the AM V8, don't like it either!

hitmanGTI

Bently  yet another Penis extention for people with too much money

1.8t

Im sure if you could afford one you would :P
Dudlee the 86 318i

hitmanGTI

1.8t

what would you have then? a BMW 7?
Dudlee the 86 318i

Period_Correct_

Quote from: HitmanGTI on February 03, 2006, 07:02:43 AM
doubt it..

i thought anton like the american muscle cars... well that was 1 of his earlier posts i think..
1971 Porsche 911T | 1990 Audi Quattro Turbo | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant | 2009 Renault Megane R26

Pristle

I meant to comment on one of these on Wednesday.

Crawling down Waterloo Quadrant towards Stanley St (Auckland) in peak hour traffic, I spotted the first Flying Spur I'd seen in the flesh. It was across the road at the Caltex next to Carlaw Park. Recalling the Top Gear test, I thought "what a fortunate sod, getting to play in one of those".

Moments later I was aghast at what I saw, even had to blink real hard, to believe what I was watching. "Fortunate sod" be damned, it was old granny (definitely older than my mother, who'll be 68 this year) who got out............ to PUNCH THE BUTTONS IN ON THE CARWASH!!, because she couldn't reach them from inside the car. I won't swear to it, but I'm sure she knocked the door against the key console getting out.

If it wasn't for the fact that I had an important meeting to attend, I would've headed to the pub, 'cos after witnessing that, I felt I needed a drink.

i wana rs6

Theres a silver rolls royce phantom that cruises around in Hamilton. The owner is about 4 foot tall and 20 kgs. He must be at least 80. That shows how long and the sacrifice that must be made to afford one. Is it really worth it?

Pristle

Isn't he the guy who owns a nuclear plant on "The Simpson's"??