2.5tdi engine hesitation. Injector needed

Started by Sam Clarkson, October 30, 2011, 07:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam Clarkson

My AKE engine has developed a nasty hesitation under load. 550 code keeps reappearing. That could mean a number of things.
The current prime suspect is #3 injector, the one with a wire coming out of it, the needle sensor. The problem is that this only MIGHT be the problem and I don't especially want to fork out $$$ on a 'might'.
So does anyone have a motor in bits that I can buy (or borrow) the #3 injector from. While we are at it the MAS measures OK but it might be worth swapping out too.
Sam 0274443437

GTI's

Platinum have just built one of these and they may have some bits. 5280237
I have one in akl also. 

Sam Clarkson

Well it turns out I have worn camshafts and, to cut a long story short, another engine is the best option.
So do you know of any? Mines an AKE 180hp.
You said Platinum had done one, Where are they, Auckland?
Sam
[email protected]

GLIDN

so it then means your AKE TDI motor also has what they refer to as the chocolate camshaft then I guess.

No idea why they call it that, but the 150hp TDI motors on the mk4's,Seats,Skoda's etc. All have the failing camshaft issue.
As GTI has posted, try Platinum and go from there. You possibly could be lucky going to AA wreckers.
Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning

wilco

Sam just thinking I have a set of wheels to go back to Auckland so if you find an engine we could coordinate a van run.