Worst courtesy car ever....

Started by weta.worker, February 10, 2012, 09:12:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weta.worker

Quote from: Q_Cars on February 19, 2012, 08:44:33 PM
And its sold to a bloke in Wellywood apparently (would that be you Mr Weta??). Went down there on Saturday ready to talk turkey but too late. Bugger.  The car is still on the yard but apparently they are just sorting the paperwork.

C5 RS6 has cambelt service interval of 60k. Its about a $3K job via CCS or Giltraps. Front discs and pads usually at around 120k depending on how driven.

nope, not me

:)

but there is either a very simliar car (with black rims) on their site

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/audi/rs6/auction-447811775.htm

would be good to see that car down here.  like to have a poke around \ drive, see how much space it's got and power and feeling behind the wheel.

1994 RS2 GUARDS RED
2001 RS4 NOGARO BLUE

slowmo

Quote from: weta.worker on February 20, 2012, 10:31:00 AM
nope, not me

but there is either a very simliar car (with black rims) on their site

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/audi/rs6/auction-447811775.htm

would be good to see that car down here.  like to have a poke around \ drive, see how much space it's got and power and feeling behind the wheel.

That one is special, look at the specs:

Quote4WD/4x4, Parking Sensors, Reversing Camera, Special, Traction Control

Current: 2004 MK4 R32 3-door NZ New DBP

Past: 2010 MK6 GTI / 2013 Nissan Leaf LOL / 2007 B7 RS4 / 2006 MK5 R32 / 2005 MK5 GTI / 1998 MK4 GTI / 1997 B5 A4 MTM

le mans

I took that C5 for a short drive a few days ago - it felt nice and tight. Slight whistle from the front end under hard acceleration, not sure if that's an air leak somewhere but could be I suppose. No service book in the car and no spare keys (from talking to the salesman). Definitely more room than the B5 (obviously) but pretty unengaging without a clutch pedal - just bucket loads of easy power/torque. Nice cars, second C5 RS I've driven. The other one had just had a Viper map put on it and it was mental, but would be nervous about the transmission with all that torque.

weta.worker

Quote from: le mans on February 21, 2012, 12:07:33 AM
I took that C5 for a short drive a few days ago - it felt nice and tight. Slight whistle from the front end under hard acceleration, not sure if that's an air leak somewhere but could be I suppose. No service book in the car and no spare keys (from talking to the salesman). Definitely more room than the B5 (obviously) but pretty unengaging without a clutch pedal - just bucket loads of easy power/torque. Nice cars, second C5 RS I've driven. The other one had just had a Viper map put on it and it was mental, but would be nervous about the transmission with all that torque.

thanks le mans

do you know if it was the same car (someone mentioned it sold), or if they have \ had 2 c5 rs6 wagons around the same k's?  and seemed to use the same photos (sunroof shot etc)?
1994 RS2 GUARDS RED
2001 RS4 NOGARO BLUE

le mans

Pretty sure just the one car. The one I looked at had the black wheels and aftermarket radio. It was pretty tidy for it's age, but the lack of a service book and spare keys was a bit odd. Nice car for longer trips. I didn't scan it or anything as it was just a quick look. The wagons don't come up for sale very often so was curious to have a look. If my wife had been keen (she wasn't) I might have considered it more seriously.

weta.worker

Quote from: le mans on February 21, 2012, 08:09:42 AM
Pretty sure just the one car. The one I looked at had the black wheels and aftermarket radio. It was pretty tidy for it's age, but the lack of a service book and spare keys was a bit odd. Nice car for longer trips. I didn't scan it or anything as it was just a quick look. The wagons don't come up for sale very often so was curious to have a look. If my wife had been keen (she wasn't) I might have considered it more seriously.

just heard back from fast fours, yup , its one and the same car and it's sold

:D

they said they've got another one coming in so will give me a heads up then

i wonder how much it eventually went for.  listing at around 46? 
1994 RS2 GUARDS RED
2001 RS4 NOGARO BLUE

Q_Cars

Quote from: weta.worker on February 21, 2012, 11:34:18 AM
just heard back from fast fours, yup , its one and the same car and it's sold

:D

they said they've got another one coming in so will give me a heads up then

i wonder how much it eventually went for.  listing at around 46?

Yep, exactly what I said a few posts ago. My understanding was that the car had a FSH via Giltraps, surprising that the book wasn't in there though. I would think the purchase was closer to $40K than 46 tho, as I know for a fact that they are wholesaling around $30K. Don't want the stealers to be making too much easy money!!
-----------------------------------------------------------
2007 Mk V GTi (Owned by the Speaker of the House)
1998 Alfa 156 2.0 T/spark (to satisfy petrosexual urges)
2005 Holden Monaro Stage 4 (made of pure boganite)
2006 BMW K1200R (aka Herman Munster)
2006 E63 AMG (sold, phew!)
2003 C5 RS6 (sold, sadly)

BB

If they said the cambelt hadn't been done and was due at 120 that could have ment it was done at 60 and due again at 120.
The end is nigh, but the end of what is the question?

le mans

According to the salesman I talked to the cam belt had never been done.

weta.worker

Quote from: le mans on February 23, 2012, 02:59:22 PM
According to the salesman I talked to the cam belt had never been done.

same with the guys I was talking to - said it had never been done and it was only due at 120 for it's first swap

i mentioned that the things should be done at 60ish and he just never replied

oh well, at least he was honest about the cam- if you purchased it would have def been first thing on list

30k wholesale - nice!  how do you get in on that action!?

1994 RS2 GUARDS RED
2001 RS4 NOGARO BLUE

RS ZWEI

Quote from: weta.worker on February 23, 2012, 03:36:32 PM
same with the guys I was talking to - said it had never been done and it was only due at 120 for it's first swap

i mentioned that the things should be done at 60ish and he just never replied

oh well, at least he was honest about the cam- if you purchased it would have def been first thing on list

30k wholesale - nice!  how do you get in on that action!?

Remember that Wholesale is plus what need spending to get the car yard ready, paint, tyres, servicing etc.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

weta.worker

Quote from: RS ZWEI on February 23, 2012, 04:02:11 PM
Remember that Wholesale is plus what need spending to get the car yard ready, paint, tyres, servicing etc.

fair enough.   :)

it'll be interesting to see what condition some of these cars come in as

still , with around 10K to play with (ish) ,that's a lot of room to move
1994 RS2 GUARDS RED
2001 RS4 NOGARO BLUE

RS ZWEI

Quote from: weta.worker on February 23, 2012, 04:04:55 PM
fair enough.   :)

it'll be interesting to see what condition some of these cars come in as

still , with around 10K to play with (ish) ,that's a lot of room to move

Most dealers wouldnt have the nuts to stock them, to much of a liability under the consumer guarantee act. A dealer would want some fat in it just incase something went wrong.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

weta.worker

Quote from: RS ZWEI on February 23, 2012, 04:40:06 PM
Most dealers wouldnt have the nuts to stock them, to much of a liability under the consumer guarantee act. A dealer would want some fat in it just incase something went wrong.

do dealers themselves have mechanical warranties on all the cars or some sort of insurance to cover them?
1994 RS2 GUARDS RED
2001 RS4 NOGARO BLUE

BB

Fast fours no doubt have a lot of small print when you sign away for a high as high spec car for a bargain price.
You look, you choose, you loose would be my policy if I were them.
Tho I guess its all written in stone how they have to operate?
They get the fly cars for the good prices tho eh.
I saw a All Road today for $19900 ono, seemed pretty cheap? Are they crap?
The end is nigh, but the end of what is the question?

weta.worker

Quote from: BB on February 23, 2012, 06:58:30 PM
Fast fours no doubt have a lot of small print when you sign away for a high as high spec car for a bargain price.
You look, you choose, you loose would be my policy if I were them.
Tho I guess its all written in stone how they have to operate?
They get the fly cars for the good prices tho eh.
I saw a All Road today for $19900 ono, seemed pretty cheap? Are they crap?

i thought the consumers guarantees act would (or something like that) would protect the buyer.  I'm pretty sure that no matter what people write on paper and what people sign the various acts override these?  (to protect the trigger happy buyer)

not sure on the all road things - i think they have the 2.7 ts in them - they look pretty capable.
1994 RS2 GUARDS RED
2001 RS4 NOGARO BLUE

qta4

Most manufactures make great vehicles, its just that the general public have many morons amongst them.
These people often write venom against a particular manufacturer and demonise them in the public.
I think the allroad is a great car, but with the air suspension problems mentioned on line, they get a bad image.

Also high mileage scares most people, doesn't worry me at all.

Many people hide behind the fair trading act as well, to compensate them from no experience, which i think is wrong.
Skill is, sucessfully tightrope walking across the Niagra Falls.
Intelligence is, having the sense not to do it.

Q_Cars

Quote from: weta.worker on February 23, 2012, 04:48:03 PM
do dealers themselves have mechanical warranties on all the cars or some sort of insurance to cover them?

Weirdly, Autosure will offer a mechanical warranty on the RS6. They won't cover AMG Mercs or M-series beemers. I spoke with Continental and they will do an Autosure on anything they or Giltraps have serviced. Costs around $3K for 3 years, and for an RS6 it's an absolute necessity and worth every cent.

Re the $30K wholesale...I've got a mate who had a Daytona Grey MTM RS6 (the 375 kW version) with 115km on the clock, and he decided to sell a few weeks ago. CCS offered him $30K wholesale. It needed brakes and cambelt within the next 3k or so (another $5K). He was in a hurry to sell, and had it on TM dropping $1K per day from $38K. It was pretty tidy, NZ new, and had FSH.  I was putting together the $$ and called him to make an offer and he'd sold it that morning for $31K. Bugger.
-----------------------------------------------------------
2007 Mk V GTi (Owned by the Speaker of the House)
1998 Alfa 156 2.0 T/spark (to satisfy petrosexual urges)
2005 Holden Monaro Stage 4 (made of pure boganite)
2006 BMW K1200R (aka Herman Munster)
2006 E63 AMG (sold, phew!)
2003 C5 RS6 (sold, sadly)

beeker

Quote from: Q_Cars on February 25, 2012, 01:49:46 PM
I've got a mate who had a Daytona Grey MTM RS6 (the 375 kW version) with 115km on the clock,

I assume that was Chris.M ?
14 RS6 Avant Black
23 RS6 Performance avant on order
17 Q7 S Line 200kw
93 E36 M3 Targa Car
01 Porsche Boxster Series Race Car
17 Porsche 991.2 GT3 clubsport
94 DC2 Integra Targa/Track Race Car
13 TR86 race car
2018 Highlander
2017 Outback

weta.worker

Quote from: Q_Cars on February 25, 2012, 01:49:46 PM
Weirdly, Autosure will offer a mechanical warranty on the RS6. They won't cover AMG Mercs or M-series beemers. I spoke with Continental and they will do an Autosure on anything they or Giltraps have serviced. Costs around $3K for 3 years, and for an RS6 it's an absolute necessity and worth every cent.

Re the $30K wholesale...I've got a mate who had a Daytona Grey MTM RS6 (the 375 kW version) with 115km on the clock, and he decided to sell a few weeks ago. CCS offered him $30K wholesale. It needed brakes and cambelt within the next 3k or so (another $5K). He was in a hurry to sell, and had it on TM dropping $1K per day from $38K. It was pretty tidy, NZ new, and had FSH.  I was putting together the $$ and called him to make an offer and he'd sold it that morning for $31K. Bugger.

i saw that car on TM - it looked mint!  (and sounded soooo nice) if it was a wagon I would have been probably making some silly decisions and 1 car up in the family!

1994 RS2 GUARDS RED
2001 RS4 NOGARO BLUE