The Unbeating Heart of the Beast - RS6

Started by JSG, February 13, 2012, 07:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

qta4

Quote from: JSG on February 14, 2012, 02:05:52 PM
WOW.............

Last time i post some pics to this site.

Little off topic guys, just wanted to share some cool pics.

Please just post pictures, dont worry about Jem, he likes to wind people up with the ODD winge
Skill is, sucessfully tightrope walking across the Niagra Falls.
Intelligence is, having the sense not to do it.

slowburn

99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

Toro

Agree

More pics would fix the hole thing!

ranton-inc

Quote from: JSG on February 14, 2012, 02:05:52 PM
WOW.............

Last time i post some pics to this site.

Little off topic guys, just wanted to share some cool pics.

haha my man I would kiss good by my frugal passat for your RS6 any day of the week!

Keep posting, I really want to drive one!!!

slowmo

Current: 2004 MK4 R32 3-door NZ New DBP

Past: 2010 MK6 GTI / 2013 Nissan Leaf LOL / 2007 B7 RS4 / 2006 MK5 R32 / 2005 MK5 GTI / 1998 MK4 GTI / 1997 B5 A4 MTM

BB

Please don't let my drivel put you off mate :-\
Ill try and keep my sometime disparaging comment as a mechanic to myself sometimes more often but not always :)
The end is nigh, but the end of what is the question?

5-pot

is it true that you need to drop the motor to change the plugs?  Cos the last two, at the back are tucked under the firewall?
?The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.? - Thucydides (Ancient Greek historian and author, 460-404bc)

- 1990 Coupe quattro - R.I.P.
- 1988 90 quattro project... Sold
- 2005 Golf 2.0 TDI

Trofeo

Quote from: 5-pot on February 14, 2012, 06:01:05 PM
is it true that you need to drop the motor to change the plugs?  Cos the last two, at the back are tucked under the firewall?
pretty sure that was the case with the earlier RS6. May well be the same for the V10 too.
2015 Amarok 4WD auto
2018 Golf R-Line Tsi

BB

John Stone

Engine out works for me ;)
86 WR
04 A3
05 V50T5

qta4

Good pix John, just looked to find a pix of my S4 and cant find one, bugger.

Skill is, sucessfully tightrope walking across the Niagra Falls.
Intelligence is, having the sense not to do it.

BB

slowburn

how are you getting on with the Coupe Martyn?
99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

JSG

Quote from: 5-pot on February 14, 2012, 06:01:05 PM

Hey 5-pot

Yeah i think they have to drop the engine for pretty much anything. As this is usually the only thing you see when you open the bonnet.

The turbo intakes cover the rest of the plugs too. :( There is no space to even get your hands in. Guess its the disadvantage to this RS model.

Everyone else

I don't have any more pics of the engine out, but knowing my luck it wont be long till its back in there getting something else fixed.

2008 R8 | Ice Silver
2006 R32 | Deep Blue

80 Vert

Very clever jig with all of its locater pins, will make the job a piece of cake.
Cool pics, thanks for sharing.
2010 T5 Transporter TDI  Tuned by Superior Tuning NZ
2003 Jetta Coupe soon to be R36TT
1991 Golf GTI 2.0 TSI swapped
1963 Type 34 Karmann Ghia, turbo 2.0
1990 Porsche 964 911 Carrera 4
1980 1303 Beetle vert, under restoration

Stickman

Keep the pictures coming, too few RS model owners showing the love around here. I think that the RS6 is an amazing machine, a little big for my liking (but then RS4 rear seats are on the little too tight end of the scale...never happy eh?) but hell, anything that is designed as a sports family saloon that runs a Lambo V10 with a couple of turbo's thrown in for good measure can't be all that bad.

As for the comments re: VAG serviceability, yes it is true that they are more complicated than a 1995 Corolla. Even my S4 and the Mrs Passat are buggers to work on. These days I do very little myself, except on the dirty old 1996 Prado. One just has to accept that buying something like an RS Audi is going to bring with it added serviceability complications. The thing is, anyone who can afford a $200k+ car (off the show room floor) is more than capable of handling the servicing bills. You know it comes with the territory. Same as getting an expensive watch serviced or some other luxury item.

As a few others have stated/acknowledged, even the basic Jappers these days are far from straight forward, requiring copious amounts of work to repair silly little things. That's the way the future is going, just the way it is I suppose.

JSG - How about putting up a few shots of the RS6 in its full trim?
I like fast toys.

2016 Audi RS6 Performance
2007 Audi RS4