Digifant Idle problem...

Started by rambo_005, January 24, 2005, 10:59:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rambo_005

Hi all,

My RV Digifant Golf has just started to play up at idle.
When you start the car it idles fine, after you have touched the throttle it idles at 2krpm.

What is it most likely to be?

robh

does the digifant have a Bosch ISV?  if so they do wear out and you get similar issues to what you have or maybe a generic vacuum air leak?

Daily Driver - VW Touareg V8 TDI 2012 "towing beast"
Too Many Cars - Lotus Elise S 2013 "tangerine dream"
Project Car - Golf VR6 Turbo "built not bought"
Wifes - Audi S4 Avant 2012 "I want a white car that sounds nice"

rambo_005

I had a look over the vacuum lines, fairly sure its not them. I'll take a better look tomorrow. Not sure about the Idle stabiliser valve, have only recently started working on my engine since the best VW mechanic I thought possible had a stroke :( (The rest are ripping off bastards thats don't even know what theyre doing!)

robh

you can sometimes see scoring marks inside the ISV once you've taken it off, this can mean it's worn out....
Daily Driver - VW Touareg V8 TDI 2012 "towing beast"
Too Many Cars - Lotus Elise S 2013 "tangerine dream"
Project Car - Golf VR6 Turbo "built not bought"
Wifes - Audi S4 Avant 2012 "I want a white car that sounds nice"

dubstar

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."

wilco

you gotta be joking dubstar - digi is way ahead of k-jet!  This os from someone who has more k-jet cars that I need.

Clean all the gunk out of the ISV and try again. How many km's has the engine done?

dubstar

Quote from: wilco on January 25, 2005, 11:39:36 AM
you gotta be joking dubstar - digi is way ahead of k-jet!?

Yes I was
"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."

rambo_005

Quote from: wilco on January 25, 2005, 11:39:36 AMHow many km's has the engine done?

It has done 175,000km now, this is the first problem that hasn't had an obvious fix for me.

rambo_005

It has a VDO ISV. I took it off and it appeared to be gunky on the inside, squirted contact cleaner in it and got it all out. Now it idles at 1200rpm, an improvement but not fixed. I'll have to dig out the spare ISV from an 85,000km car I wrecked a while back and try that out.

orggti

use partmaster brake clean :) dont worry about the cancer it will give you  :P

rambo_005

Quote from: orggti on January 25, 2005, 08:59:01 PMuse partmaster brake clean :) dont worry about the cancer it will give you :P
cancer?  ;D

Where do I get that from, Repco?

Period_Correct_

Quote from: rambo_005 on January 25, 2005, 09:07:45 PM
Quote from: orggti on January 25, 2005, 08:59:01 PMuse partmaster brake clean :) dont worry about the cancer it will give you :P
cancer?? ;D

Where do I get that from, Repco?

PartMaster..... 8)
1971 Porsche 911T | 1990 Audi Quattro Turbo | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant | 2009 Renault Megane R26

orggti

its got tons of touoline in it works well but gives you cancer for sure if you dont be very carfull not to breath it in

rambo_005

Quote from: NasTnaS on January 26, 2005, 04:49:17 AM
PartMaster..... 8)

Cheers orggti, will see what I can find.

Never heard of PartMaster btw :S

rambo_005

Found a vacuum leak on a small plastic cap on the side of the intake manifold, i covered it with a screw driver and the idle dropped.
I also changed the ISV with the cleaned out, lower km one and it idles fine. Need to properly fix that cap tho (tape and cable ties ATM!)

I might try the old ISV again and see if it still goes ok, so I can count that out.

Cheers for the help guys!

orggti

those goddam air leaks on golfs and audis
>:(

bsting

Yes, & Vag stick em in hard to get at places - hands come out bloodyed.
:P